Tulane vs LSU 1954 digital program

Show your Tulane school spirit!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Some interesting names including Willie Hof, Tony Reginelli, Dalton Truax. Etc. the ad's from the 1950's were cool.
https://digitallibrary.tulane.edu/islan ... m/PDF/view

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Some interesting names including Willie Hof, Tony Reginelli, Dalton Truax. Etc. the ad's from the 1950's were cool.

Willie Hof was one of my coach's at East Jeff.....while attending Metry Jr Hi former Tulane Player Lefty Haynes was the principal and former Tulane baseball player Emile "Chubby" Marks was one of the Coach's...Coach's Marks went on to EJ and then became the HC of baseball at Brother Martin

correction....it was former Tulane athlete Frank Dalferes that was injured by the Javelin...I had Hof and he confused...Dalferes was one my coachs at Metry Jr HI along with Marks...he went to TH Harris Jr Hi when it opened and then to EJ
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Some interesting names including Willie Hof, Tony Reginelli, Dalton Truax. Etc. the ad's from the 1950's were cool.

Willie Hof was one of my coach's at East Jeff.....while attending Metry Jr Hi former Tulane Player Lefty Haynes was the principal and former Tulane baseball player Emile "Chubby" Marks was one of the Coach's...Coach's Marks went on to EJ and then became the HC of baseball at Brother Martin

correction....it was former Tulane athlete Frank Dalferes that was injured by the Javelin...I had Hof and he confused...Dalferes was one my coachs at Metry Jr HI along with Marks...he went to TH Harris Jr Hi when it opened and then to EJ
The beauty of those teams if you look at the roster 95% were La boys and many from NOLA. And many still live in town today. Tulane needs to reach out and get their support. All should be T Club members.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's a great picture of Dick Brennan playing basketball in there. LOL, look at his hairy legs!

Although I never worked for Dick Brennan, he was always very nice to me, knowing I was working my way through Tulane, primarily in restaurants in the French Quarter. We had a nice conversation when a friend of mine's father took us to Commander's palace circa 1983. Our paths crossed a few other times, and he was always asking how my studies were going and where I was working. He remembered me when I brought my parents to Brennan's for my graduation in 1985. I was sad to learn of his death last year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
The beauty of those teams if you look at the roster 95% were La boys and many from NOLA. And many still live in town today. Tulane needs to reach out and get their support. All should be T Club members.
That's what we all understood was meant by "State of Tulane" recruiting. I guess that's just not meant to be recreated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That's what we all understood was meant by "State of Tulane" recruiting. I guess that's just not meant to be recreated.
Correct. In fact I have old yearbooks that show at least 80% of all students during those days were La men and women. It's shocking to see based on today's enrollment. Tulane use to put the students picture with name and hometown listed below back in those days.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cool stuff except for the photo of the Demon of all demons-Rufus Harris. Good thing we don't stick to the state of Tulane recruiting when you look at the record. :mrgreen: Another bonus of going out of state was that we got Jim Wilson. Was surprised to learn that Reginnelli was from Mississippi.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Correct. In fact I have old yearbooks that show at least 80% of all students during those days were La men and women. It's shocking to see based on today's enrollment. Tulane use to put the students picture with name and hometown listed below back in those days.
Cost, drop in quality LA education, competition from places like LSU and other privates, US News pressure
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:Cool stuff except for the photo of the Demon of all demons-Rufus Harris. Good thing we don't stick to the state of Tulane recruiting when you look at the record. :mrgreen: Another bonus of going out of state was that we got Jim Wilson. Was surprised to learn that Reginnelli was from Mississippi.
Here's a deal we'll all sign up for: No more State of Tulane recruiting and no more Rufus Harris and his evil twin Skippy as President.
swampnik
Surge

OMG, even the basketball games were full in 54!
Senior on TU 54 team Charlie Coates was my neighbor in Metairie when we bought new housesnext to his in 1973.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another classic. 1947 vs GT
QB Bennie Ellender, RB Eddie Price and Ray Prats.
Tulane Class of 1981