UCF/Memphis

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Dave breslin
Swell

Anyone watching UCF/Memphis? Does UCF’s offense remind you of a team from 1998? Quick quick quick so we don’t have to kick!! And I don’t think they have better athletes than us

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am for UCF...let the AAC get to a New Years Day Game...Looks like UCF and USF will be in the market for new HC's
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
OUG
Riptide

The winner of this will go to NYD bowl regardless.

Hoping UCF can pull this out because I think they are our best shot at winning that game. Although both teams are really good. People can mock these defenses but a lot of these points are coming from offenses just making plays.
Wavetime
Swell

What a game, no defense at all. I hope UCF will win, but may go into overtime.

The biggest difference that I see between Tulane and these teams is the OL. For the most part, the QB's have time. I'm sure there are other areas where we lack the talent, but that's the biggest difference that I see.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Overtime, tied at 48. And 1400 yards of offense! So basically, Memphis and USF are just as good as an undefeated UCF team. And yet, the AAC is not a strong conference. Got it.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I forgot. Final?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

No, 62-55 UCF, 2nd OT right now. Mem ball.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ferguson throws a pick. Final, 62-55 UCF. Undefeated still.
galvezwave
Swell

Congrats and choose that new coach wisely.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Ferguson throws a pick. Final, 62-55 UCF. Undefeated still.
congrats to UCF and Memphis, hell of a game....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:Congrats and choose that new coach wisely.
personally, Frost is making a mistake, Nebraska is a recruiting wasteland and the good ole Devaney / Osbourne "Country Ride" Walk - On program is no longer the supplementary player program it once was
GreenLantern
Riptide

Hard to bring myself to cheer for either of these teams. I suppose that the greater good for the conference was served by UCF's win.

Here's hoping that we see the Green Wave playing in this game next year!
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
personally, Frost is making a mistake, Nebraska is a recruiting wasteland and the good ole Devaney / Osbourne "Country Ride" Walk - On program is no longer the supplementary player program it once was
Mistake? He's gonna quadruple his salary. They recruit nationally as well. I think they will compete in their division of the big 10.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dave breslin
Swell

Don’t know if Frost can bring that same offense to the big and slow 10. He’ll need to recruit speed from the south.
Dave breslin
Swell

But won’t he have Lee at q.v. next year?
galvezwave
Swell

it's not the same Nebraska but he's gotta take it. Money aside, there isn't a coach on the planet that would stay at Ucf over Nebraska. He's 12-0 and not in the playoffs. Lincoln Riley had as good or better rep than frost so, we'll see. It's not an easy job anymore. Riley would actually be a good target for ucf
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Mistake? He's gonna quadruple his salary. They recruit nationally as well. I think they will compete in their division of the big 10.
they have been recruiting nationally for years and still can't win !!!... money is a different thing, if he want's to go there for the cash grab, more power to him ..but remember this when Nebraska has a "home game" the Stadium becomes the 4th largest "City' in the state....

Arkansas is another wasteland, and without players from Texas High Schools, OU and Okie State would be a wasteland .... if memory serves each have about 75 on their rosters...
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swampnik
Surge

In two short years UCF went from 0-12 to 12-0! Well played and coaching does make a difference.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:In two short years UCF went from 0-12 to 12-0! Well played and coaching does make a difference.
Yep. Had Tulane hired Danny White as our AD he would have hired Frost here.
UCF acted first and hired White in November 2015 while Tulane waited until early December to hire Dannen. Dickson announced in May that he was retiring well before UCF had an opening.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

My goodness . Who would choose to stay UCF when Nebraska calls. Nebraska is a hard job , but if you fix it you're a god. Or you can stay in Orlando and watch the playoffs on tv. If you fail you go to cusa and start over.
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
swampnik wrote:In two short years UCF went from 0-12 to 12-0! Well played and coaching does make a difference.
Yep. Had Tulane hired Danny White as our AD he would have hired Frost here.
UCF acted first and hired White in November 2015 while Tulane waited until early December to hire Dannen. Dickson announced in May that he was retiring well before UCF had an opening.
It's a big assumption that either of those guys would be interested in Tulane .
JerseyWave
Riptide

Nebraska is home for Frost. It’s a no brainer.
Wave755
Tsunami

Chris Scelfo is once again available to head coach? And, as an "added bonus," Chris will agree to 350k a year plus promise to "never leave"!!!

UCF should call Chris' brother Sam Scelfo this coming morning at about 4:15 a.m. for further details!

And, if Chris is hired Sam will throw in a free doberge cake for UCF from his World Famous Gambino's Bakery!!! :lol: :-D ;)
galvezwave
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
Chris Scelfo is once again available to head coach? And, as an "added bonus," Chris will agree to 350k a year plus promise to "never leave"!!!

UCF should call Chris' brother Sam Scelfo this coming morning at about 4:15 a.m. for further details!

And, if Chris is hired Sam will throw in a free doberge cake for UCF from his World Famous Gambino's Bakery!!! :lol: :-D ;)
Frank is available as well
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:My goodness . Who would choose to stay UCF when Nebraska calls. Nebraska is a hard job , but if you fix it you're a god. Or you can stay in Orlando and watch the playoffs on tv. If you fail you go to cusa and start over.

Let's see....it is play-off time...and I get to stay home in cold ass Nebraska, or enjoy the out-doors, golf and Disney World in Orlando, yep not so hard of a choice...

"Nebraska use to be the Taj Mahal of programs, now it is just a 3 bedroom ranch"...Scott Frost

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ornhuskers