Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16750
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Postby tpstulane » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 pm



Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Postby lurker123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 am

tpstulane wrote:https://www.theprospectordaily.com/2017/11/27/tim-floyd-announces-retirement-after-1-5-start/


I assume he jumped but UTEP has never been a happy settled place since their longterm WAC buds dumped them at airport meeting founding MWC. El Paso is closer to the L.A. than NOLA and simply was never a good fit for schools east of Texas. I'm sure UTEP admin and fans were upset about this year's start.

I recall roughly that there have been some strong proponents here for Tulane hiring him through the years and am just curious for their reaction.

FWIW, Floyd who just retired from apparent burnout is one month older than Dunleavy.



User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16750
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Postby tpstulane » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:47 am

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:https://www.theprospectordaily.com/2017/11/27/tim-floyd-announces-retirement-after-1-5-start/


I assume he jumped but UTEP has never been a happy settled place since their longterm WAC buds dumped them at airport meeting founding MWC. El Paso is closer to the L.A. than NOLA and simply was never a good fit for schools east of Texas. I'm sure UTEP admin and fans were upset about this year's start.

I recall roughly that there have been some strong proponents here for Tulane hiring him through the years and am just curious for their reaction.

FWIW, Floyd who just retired from apparent burnout is one month older than Dunleavy.

He’s frustrated with the administration. He believes UTEP should be in the MWC and not CUSA. I think had he come here instead of Ed Conroy things may have been a lot different. He took UTEP to a couple NIT’s and probably got shafted out of an NCAA bid because of CUSA being a one bid league. Seven years later it’s too hard to really predict what success he may have had here. Recruiting a kid to El Paso is much tougher than Nola. Being in a one bid league was very difficult to recruit to as well. He’s a good guy. I’ll always appreciate the fact that he flew in from Iowa St just to attend my dads funeral. I hope retirement suits him well.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Postby golfnut69 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 am

Floyd did not use the Don Haskins recruiting method...make sure your recruits all land in El Paso after 8pm...and do not allow them to "tour" Sun Bowl Stadium


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Pepper
Surge
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Tim Floyd calls it quits after loss and 1-5 start

Postby Pepper » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:52 am

tpstulane wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:https://www.theprospectordaily.com/2017/11/27/tim-floyd-announces-retirement-after-1-5-start/


I assume he jumped but UTEP has never been a happy settled place since their longterm WAC buds dumped them at airport meeting founding MWC. El Paso is closer to the L.A. than NOLA and simply was never a good fit for schools east of Texas. I'm sure UTEP admin and fans were upset about this year's start.

I recall roughly that there have been some strong proponents here for Tulane hiring him through the years and am just curious for their reaction.

FWIW, Floyd who just retired from apparent burnout is one month older than Dunleavy.

He’s frustrated with the administration. He believes UTEP should be in the MWC and not CUSA. I think had he come here instead of Ed Conroy things may have been a lot different. He took UTEP to a couple NIT’s and probably got shafted out of an NCAA bid because of CUSA being a one bid league. Seven years later it’s too hard to really predict what success he may have had here. Recruiting a kid to El Paso is much tougher than Nola. Being in a one bid league was very difficult to recruit to as well. He’s a good guy. I’ll always appreciate the fact that he flew in from Iowa St just to attend my dads funeral. I hope retirement suits him well.


I was stationed in El Paso for a short while. I don't know how anyone could recruit there.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests