LSU loses to Troy

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
torbida
Surge

like to be a fly on the wall for the coach Orgeron post game speech............

Wave755
Tsunami

Hail to the men of Troy!!! :fastclap: :2thumbs: :rollsmiley:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

torbida wrote:like to be a fly on the wall for the coach Orgeron post game speech............
U may need an interpreter !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

And, the number 1 college football team in Louisiana is - The Tulane Green Wave!!! :1thumb:
oliveandblue
Surge

...Ole Miss and LSU both look atrocious today. I know it's Alabama, but Tulane would put up a similar effort in Tuscaloosa - and possibly better.

Perhaps winwave was right? We probably could play these two programs right now - they're slowly sliding back to the point where we can make it a real game.
sader24
Tsunami

If ever there was a year for us to come out of nowhere and win 8 games and get some real local attention this is it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

And they said our games were boring to watch. Fortunately, there was Clemson-Va Tech and Colo-UCLA at the same time as that boring game
Houma de Wave
Swell

By the way, in BR, that was yet another display of 1- and 2-star recruits with a splattering of 3's taking out big 4- and 5-star players. Better coaching has its consequences.
Wavetime
Swell

LSWho looked horrible, just absolutely horrible. They had no spark, no excitement, poor tackling, poor line play, poor coaching. The real sad part is that Troy won that game, LSU didn't lose it.

I can't verify this, but I read on Tigerdroppings that Orgeron has a 12 million dollar buy out. I sure hope he stays 2 more years. That program will be run into the ground if he does stay.......
Wave755
Tsunami

The "Saban Magic" has now completely worn off and LSU has returned to its Jerry Stovall/Curley Halman/Mike Archer/Jerry DiNardo level of play and program.

And get this, if Coach O is fired after this season, his first contract year, his payout is a staggering 12 million dollars. And, at present LSU is paying Les Miles a 9 million dollar payout in monthly installments.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Spent the night in Montgomery while passing through on a little get-away with my wife. Everyone that notices the Louisiana plates has some good-natured ribbing before I explain that I too was pulling for the Cinderella upset. BTW, Troy has an impressive stadium for a Sun Belt school.

Another school is re-learning the lesson that you don't fire your coach unless you are replacing him with someone better. Somewhere Les Miles is smiling and thinking "Miss me now?"
RobertM320
Green Wave

Last time Tulane and LSU had the same record in October? Anyone?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
wave97
Swell

You're killing me Bebe, you are killing me.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Anybody notice what was happening in our conference saturday like what UCF did to Memphis, for example?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:LSWho looked horrible, just absolutely horrible. They had no spark, no excitement, poor tackling, poor line play, poor coaching. The real sad part is that Troy won that game, LSU didn't lose it.

I can't verify this, but I read on Tigerdroppings that Orgeron has a 12 million dollar buy out. I sure hope he stays 2 more years. That program will be run into the ground if he does stay.......
It is true about the $12 million. I think it then drops to $8 million and then $4 million. So he'll be there a while.

That rah-rah coaching style works in a short interim role. It gets tiresome over the long haul.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:Anybody notice what was happening in our conference saturday like what UCF did to Memphis, for example?
We have a thread on it:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9843
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CO will be LSU's CJ
Robert1969
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:And, the number 1 college football team in Louisiana is - The Tulane Green Wave!!! :1thumb:
That could prove to be true! LSU loses to Troy, and the Saints get their first shutout since 2012 on the same weekend. What a great weekend!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I am told the LSU faithful are standing and singing ..." OOOOO Canada...."
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
Wavetime wrote:LSWho looked horrible, just absolutely horrible. They had no spark, no excitement, poor tackling, poor line play, poor coaching. The real sad part is that Troy won that game, LSU didn't lose it.

It is true about the $12 million. I think it then drops to $8 million and then $4 million. So he'll be there a while.

That rah-rah coaching style works in a short interim role. It gets tiresome over the long haul.
I think it was in the advocate, or I saw it on Twitter, but his buyout is based on the calendar year. In 2017 its $12M, then $8.5M in 2018 and $6M in 2019. They're kind of in a bind. If you're going to let him go, you can't really wait until Jan 2018 just to save $3.5M. It would kill their recruiting class. I'd like to see him around another year anyway. The longer he's there, the better it is for us. We're approaching David Archer, Gerry DiNardo territory here.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

I think it was in the advocate, or I saw it on Twitter, but his buyout is based on the calendar year. In 2017 its $12M, then $8.5M in 2018 and $6M in 2019. They're kind of in a bind. If you're going to let him go, you can't really wait until Jan 2018 just to save $3.5M. It would kill their recruiting class. I'd like to see him around another year anyway. The longer he's there, the better it is for us. We're approaching David Archer, Gerry DiNardo territory here.
I read the NOLA articles regarding LSU...I wanted to see the comments...but they have been locked !!!!...(I think you mean Mike Archer)
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

I read the NOLA articles regarding LSU...I wanted to see the comments...but they have been locked !!!!...(I think you mean Mike Archer)
Correct, Mike Archer. And lets not forget Curley Hallman.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Correct, Mike Archer. And lets not forget Curley Hallman.
and not's forget Larry and Moe !!!