Rick Pitino's available!

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
MicMan
Swell

Just fired by Louisville. Jurich, too.

Hey, Tulane was paying Hot Rod Williams to enroll, that's old hat on Willow Street! Or are there people here who still think that was the right thing to do?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just the beginning. More to come for sure.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... jurich-out
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He was already playing at Tulane when his families home burned down. That was when he was given the money. When that and the point shaving scandal became known Tulane gave itself the death penalty so no one said it was right.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:He was already playing at Tulane when his families home burned down. That was when he was given the money. When that and the point shaving scandal became known Tulane gave itself the death penalty so no one said it was right.
U are correct, Hot Rod was already in school when their uninsured home was destroyed...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

in regards to Pitino..as they say on shark tank..."you are dead to me'...now he might show up with some NBA team, I do no think he will be back in College Coaching....of course he might get the gig as Coach of the North Korean National Team...Rodman can be his assistant
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:in regards to Pitino..as they say on shark tank..."you are dead to me'...now he might show up with some NBA team, I do no think he will be back in College Coaching....of course he might get the gig as Coach of the North Korean National Team...Rodman can be his assistant
Yep. He’ll get hired on the first NBA opening if he wants it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:in regards to Pitino..as they say on shark tank..."you are dead to me'...now he might show up with some NBA team, I do no think he will be back in College Coaching....of course he might get the gig as Coach of the North Korean National Team...Rodman can be his assistant
Yep. He’ll get hired on the first NBA opening if he wants it.
If he's not in prison.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Louisville's already talking about Tom Crean, former Marquette and Indiana HC, as a possible replacement for Pitino.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Aegis
High Tide

Pitino and Patrino its Louisville after all.