Revised 2017 American football schedules

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
IM42lane
Swell

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The American Athletic Conference has announced a number of changes to its 2017 football schedule, including a rescheduled date for the game between USF and UConn that was not played last week in advance of Hurricane Irma.

The USF-UConn game will be played Saturday, Nov. 4, at Pratt & Whitney Stadium in East Hartford, Connecticut. To accommodate the rescheduled date, games involving three other American Athletic Conference teams have been adjusted as well.

"I would like to thank our presidents, athletic directors and our head football coaches for their outstanding collaboration and cooperation to resolve this unprecedented situation in as fair a manner as possible," said American Athletic Conference commissioner Mike Aresco. "I would also like to acknowledge and thank Ryan Bamford of UMass for his cooperation and understanding. This was not an easy process, but we feel that this revised schedule is a significant step toward giving us the best opportunity to decide our champion on the field."

The changes to the 2017 schedule for each team are as follows:

UConn
UConn will host ECU Sunday, Sept. 24 (replacing an open date) and will host USF Saturday, Nov. 4 (replacing the original date of the ECU game). The game will be played on a Sunday due to the unavailability of Pratt & Whitney Stadium on Saturday.

USF
USF will host Cincinnati Saturday, Oct. 14 (replacing a previously scheduled game against Massachusetts), will host Houston Saturday, Oct. 28 (replacing the original game against Cincinnati), and will play at UConn Saturday, Nov. 4 (replacing the original game against Houston).

Cincinnati
Cincinnati will play at USF Saturday, Oct. 14 and will have its open date Oct. 28 (replacing an Oct. 14 open date and the game at USF Oct. 28).

ECU
ECU will visit UConn Sunday, Sept. 24 (replacing an open date), will have an open date Saturday, Oct. 28 (replacing a game against Houston), and will play at Houston Saturday, Nov. 4 (replacing the previously scheduled game against UConn).

Houston
Houston will play at USF Saturday, Oct. 28 (instead of Nov. 4) and will host ECU Saturday, Nov. 4 (instead of Oct. 28).

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the info!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Gotta give credit to Aresco. It took a lot of work and effort to make that happen. Maybe the SEC should learn something.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
anEngineer
Riptide

Credit to Aresco and credit to the conference members for not letting ego and pettiness get in the way of helping each other out. It makes it easier for members to make safety decisions in the future when they know the president and other members will work with them and support their decisions.
IM42lane
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Gotta give credit to Aresco. It took a lot of work and effort to make that happen. Maybe the SEC should learn something.
I can only imagine that ALL of the American FB members were involved in this complicated process . I would think that even the schools who had no change to their respective schedules were probably consulted about these adjustments. MANY THANKS to 'the American' for getting this figured out.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

UMass is the loser in all of this. Unless I'm reading it wrong, they lose a game this year, so the AAC can have their full conference slate. I think UMass is lobbying to get invited into the conference. It would be great for UConn to have UMass in the conference. They were once serious rivals in the D1AA days, and in basketball. Their campuses are only about 50 miles apart. There's no denying the Northeast bias of the conference, I just don't know if we're going to expand until the conference gets poached, and when that happens, UConn will probably be one of the first to go.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
lurker123
Swell

DfromCT wrote:UMass is the loser in all of this. Unless I'm reading it wrong, they lose a game this year, so the AAC can have their full conference slate. I think UMass is lobbying to get invited into the conference. It would be great for UConn to have UMass in the conference. They were once serious rivals in the D1AA days, and in basketball. Their campuses are only about 50 miles apart. There's no denying the Northeast bias of the conference, I just don't know if we're going to expand until the conference gets poached, and when that happens, UConn will probably be one of the first to go.

Isn't UMass going to play FIU on Dec 2cd as long as FIU is not in CUSA championship game? I assume conference is paying UMass real coin to do this and probably guaranteeing some additional future games to UMass to help fill its schedule as an independent. Yes, no doubt UMass is doing this to improve its relationship with a conference it desperately wants to join.

Regardless it's a win-win for all involved. Another concrete example of Aresco's competence.