Tulane breaks fundraising record over $126 million raised in one year

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane’s Alumni, Friends and Parents Break Philanthropic Record
A surge in giving exceeds school’s five-year average by $20 million

More than 20,000 alumni, parents and friends joined forces to invest in Tulane University’s future---offering powerful support of President Mike Fitts’s bold vision for academic achievement in an incomparable learning environment. New gifts and commitments exceeded $126 million, breaking the university’s all-time giving record and aligning fundraising with Tulane’s upward trajectory across many fronts, including a 36 percent increase in student applications, a 38 percent increase in students of color in the past five years, and average SAT scores up 48 points.

“The generosity of our donors shows a strong commitment and enthusiasm for educating the next generation of leaders, engaging in life-saving research and medical care and using the academic enterprise to address social issues, both in New Orleans and throughout the world,” President Fitts said.

Tulane’s top gifts of the year included $10 million for Presidential Chairs, which will be filled by faculty nationally renowned in innovative and interdisciplinary research and teaching. The record-breaking fundraising year includes a focused drive toward scholarship investment to ultimately remove financial barriers and provide every deserving student access to a Tulane education.

"I applaud our alumni network and philanthropic community for making significant investments in our faculty, students, and all of our inventive programs campus wide,” said Board Chair Doug Hertz. “On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I commend President Fitts and university leadership on charting a bold course for Tulane. Achieving a record year of giving only strengthens our ability to fulfill our lofty ambitions.”

Some of this year’s stellar philanthropic initiatives include the new Mussafer Hall, which will unite career programming, academic advising and student success services under one roof; a historic investment in the School of Law; a major expansion of the A. B. Freeman School of Business; the Tulane Bywater Institute and the future construction of the Tulane Brain Institute.

Along with the Presidential Chairs, Tulane has been able to add faculty members such as Kim Talus, the new James McCulloch Chair in Energy Law and Walter Isaacson, the ASPEN Institute president and former CNN and Time executive who recently joined the history department. Tulane also received funding from the Carol Lavin Bernick Family Foundation for faculty needs in research, recruitment, development, continuing education and student engagement.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

not sure where to post this so mods have at it !!!

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... iver_index
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:we may be down 10 million

http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... _most-read_
Tulane seems to be repositioning itself in order to expand its online offerings and closing this campus was a step in that direction.

As for the letter, it's insane unless the Tulane contract allowed for such a reimbursement, which seems unlikely given how Madison's mayor was falling over herself in her rush to bring in Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Money keeps pouring in:
Another $25 million to Medical School.
http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf ... t_home_pop
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981