Ole Miss

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Post Reply
posse
Low Tide
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:37 pm

Just wondering if you guys had any concerns with Archie Manning visiting Tulane practice the other day? Over the years he has been on the Ole Miss coach selection committee. A coaching change after this year would be very difficult to over come...With Tulane's history of successful coaches moving on after a winning season, the paranoia is in the back of many fans minds.....


User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17993
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:49 pm

posse wrote:Just wondering if you guys had any concerns with Archie Manning visiting Tulane practice the other day? Over the years he has been on the Ole Miss coach selection committee. A coaching change after this year would be very difficult to over come...With Tulane's history of successful coaches moving on after a winning season, the paranoia is in the back of many fans minds.....
No. Archie lives very close. He and Cooper are season ticket holders. He's been out to visit Toledo, CJ and others over the years. If Ole Miss wants WF they will get him with or without Archie.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12616
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:57 pm

Agree w/tps. He has been out visiting our practices forever. Relax.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1267
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Ole Miss wanting a guy who barely won 1 American conference game. Yea, that sounds likely.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:13 pm

OMG. Ridiculous
posse
Low Tide
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 pm

msdos wrote:Ole Miss wanting a guy who barely won 1 American conference game. Yea, that sounds likely.
My assumption is that coach has a great year, say 6-6, 7-5, and takes Tulane to a bowl game.......Obviously if he has a bad season
he won't be in contention.....Rumors have it that he is 3rd on Ole Miss potential coaching list, thereby prompting my post.
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 pm

posse wrote:
msdos wrote:Ole Miss wanting a guy who barely won 1 American conference game. Yea, that sounds likely.
My assumption is that coach has a great year, say 6-6, 7-5, and takes Tulane to a bowl game.......Obviously if he has a bad season
he won't be in contention.....Rumors have it that he is 3rd on Ole Miss potential coaching list, thereby prompting my post.

6 and 6 or 7 and 5 are not "great." Should we be so fortunate we can claim to have improved from "terrible" to "mediocre."
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5216
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:07 am

Freakin pathetic topic right now.
torbida
High Tide
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:23 pm

I saw .in a game program a few years back that Archie was a donor...............Ole Miss will not be desired job come November when the hammer hits
torbida
High Tide
Posts: 442
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:24 pm

Ive never liked Ole Miss especially when Ed Orgeron was trying to lure kids to transfer after Katrina
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2333
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:24 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:Freakin pathetic topic right now.


exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6588
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Online

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:22 pm

torbida wrote:Ive never liked Ole Miss especially when Ed Orgeron was trying to lure kids to transfer after Katrina
He's probably already on the phone trying to get kids to transfer to LSU from Tex A&M!
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:47 am

Sources: NCAA Comes Down Hard On Ole Miss
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tions-ncaa

- Two year bowl ban
- Multiple 'show causes' for involved coaches
- Loss of 24 scholarships
- Money fine
- Players can transfer without sitting out
- Four years probation

I hope Fritz goes hard at picking off their recrutis. To be fair they're currently ranked 2nd to last in SEC recruiting for 2018. Still some nice 3 stars there for the taking!
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 580
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:01 am

Ole Miss is a fantastic coaching opportunity for a young guy -- zero expectations in a killer conference, playing with house money (excuse the pun) to get back on track, whatever is accomplished is lagniappe for a jump to the next job.
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 am

Sources: NCAA Comes Down Hard On Ole Miss


http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... tions-ncaa

- Two year bowl ban
- Multiple 'show causes' for involved coaches
- Loss of 24 scholarships
- Money fine
- Players can transfer without sitting out
- Four years probation

I hope Fritz goes hard at picking off their recrutis. To be fair they're currently ranked 2nd to last in SEC recruiting for 2018. Still some nice 3 stars there for the taking! Also their seniors are fair game. They return starting LG, C, RG, DT, MLB that are all open to transferring without having to sit.

Tulane wiki looks like next time we play them in 2021, ole miss wiki says 2022, only article I can find says 2023. I sure hope it's 2021. Same year we play Oklahoma at home, could be a magical year!

We are Ole Piss' oldest rivalry. Fritz go get some players and turn up the heat!!! :mrgreen:
Post Reply