On this day Saturday July 17, 1976 at Tulane Stadium...

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

On this day Saturday July 17, 1976 at Tulane Stadium was the Concert of ZZ Top, J. Geils Band, Lynyrd Skynyrd and others including Marshall Tucker Band and Charlie Daniels. When it was announced at the stadium that Lynyrd Skynyrd was not able to perform and cancelled their show with the other musical performers , fights starting breaking out throughout the stadium. This would have been the last performance in New Orleans of the original members in Lynyrd Skynyrd. The Plane crash happened with the band on October 20, 1977.
Was also the first and last ever concert held at Tulane stadium. My brother-in-law and I both in HS knew the stadium well and we decided last minute to go without tickets. We managed to sneak in between one of the padlocked gates that had some wiggle room. That was one cra zy event. We were actually on the field when people started hurling bottles and ice chest's from the upper deck. The bands that did play were great.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I climbed the fence to see the Beatles Concert @ City Park Stadium...way....way...back in da day
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
green4life
Low Tide

On that day I was working at Popeyes which was then at the corner of Carrollton and willow. Pick up truck population of that area increased by 2x. Sold a lot of chicken that day.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.