Talk of Ole Miss Death Penalty

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... river_home
An attorney representing one of the principles in the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss told an Evansville, Ind. TV station the allegations against the school are "as close to the death penalty as you can get without having that actually happen."

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Too bad it will never happen. It should though.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

NCAA won't do anything to ole miss, they are a joke!.....have you seen what they've done to Baylor? Thats right, nothing. If they wont do anything to baylor, then they definitely wont do anything to Ole Miss.

Baylor basketball coach covered up a murder after his player shot another player, and then the football coach covered up ~60 rapes with the president and ADs assistance. How much more do you need to give someone the death penalty. Even the local police was involved in baylor cover up. Whats sad is they are hiding behind christian university values...sickening. Nothing will happen!
Last edited by RollWaveRoll on Wed May 31, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... river_home
An attorney representing one of the principles in the NCAA's investigation of Ole Miss told an Evansville, Ind. TV station the allegations against the school are "as close to the death penalty as you can get without having that actually happen."
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
Do you think that school upriver hasn't done the same thing?
How many family members of recruits get jobs after the recruit signs
How many $500.00 hand shakes ?

It will never happen
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

C'mon...we all know what is going to happen...the NCAA will send some "investigators' to campus, over the week end, the will be flown to NOLA to dine at Manning's, get set up with a "date" courtesy of the Ole Miss Alumni foundation, and all will be forgiven...Oh !!! I forgot about the autographed footballs they to take home
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Paid one recruit from $13-$15000?! That must be a nice brown bag special.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Paid one recruit from $13-$15000?! That must be a nice brown bag special.
Kinda low given Hot Rod's $10k in 1981. Adjusted for time, that $10k would be about $40k today. (Double every 18 years) That payment lead to Kelly self-imposing the death penalty. Of course it was exposed a few years after the fact, in the wake of the point shaving scandal.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

RollWaveRoll wrote:NCAA won't do anything to ole miss, they are a joke!.....have you seen what they've done to Baylor? Thats right, nothing. If they wont do anything to baylor, then they definitely wont do anything to Ole Miss.

Baylor basketball coach covered up a murder after his player shot another player, and then the football coach covered up ~60 rapes with the president and ADs assistance. How much more do you need to give someone the death penalty. Even the local police was involved in baylor cover up. Whats sad is they are hiding behind christian university values...sickening. Nothing will happen!
And, the president of Baylor at the time was none other than paragon of morality Lewinsky scandal prosecutor Ken Starr. :shakingno:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Paid one recruit from $13-$15000?! That must be a nice brown bag special.
Kinda low given Hot Rod's $10k in 1981. Adjusted for time, that $10k would be about $40k today. (Double every 18 years) That payment lead to Kelly self-imposing the death penalty. Of course it was exposed a few years after the fact, in the wake of the point shaving scandal.
The $10K was to replace his family's Sorrento La, trailer home that burned down to the ground. However it was against NCAA rules to do this. I believe a Tulane booster felt compassion for the situation. It wasn't signing money. He was already on the team.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

I always heard Bubby Brister got $40K.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:I always heard Bubby Brister got $40K.
did we get a refund ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
The $10K was to replace his family's Sorrento La, trailer home that burned down to the ground. However it was against NCAA rules to do this. I believe a Tulane booster felt compassion for the situation. It wasn't signing money. He was already on the team.
Correct. Thanks for pointing out the accuracy of the situation.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:I always heard Bubby Brister got $40K.
did we get a refund ?
No. That's why as you can imagine there were some people pretty pissed off at Wally English.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
I was never clear on the timing of the $10k shoebox. I do know, however, that during the first week of school the Hullabaloo ran story on the recruit we nabbed from Sorrento, whose mother worked two or three jobs to afford basketball shoes, etc. Then about an hour later I walked through the Monroe breezeway and saw a skinny and very tall young man polishing a nice new Cutlass with a vanity front plate "Hot Rod."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Amazing that someone else on campus had the same nickname.

Hot Rod-May he rest in peace.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.