2017 Road to Omaha ends with Florida

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

2017 NCAA Baseball Regional Host Sites:
Houston, Texas (Houston)
Baton Rouge, La. (LSU)
Chapel Hill, N.C. (NC)
Clemson, S.C. (Clemson)
Corvallis, (Oregon St)
Fayetteville, Ark. (Arkansas)
Fort Worth, Texas (TCU)
Gainesville, Fla. (Florida)
Hattiesburg, Miss. (USM)
Lexington, Ky. (Kentucky)
Long Beach, (Long Beach St)
Louisville, Ky. (Louisville)
Lubbock (Texas Tech)
Palo Alto, Calif. (Stanford)
Tallahassee, Fla. (FSU)
Winston-Salem, N.C. (Wake Forest)

MONDAY'S NCAA Selection Show is at 11 a.m. CT broadcast on ESPN2.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to the many Tulane connection coaches that made a regional today.
TCU, Miss St, Texas, SELA and USF.
Schlossnagle, Cannizzaro, Pierce and Allen, Riser and Latham, Kingston and Mohl.
Meanwhile Tulane sits home.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Three AAC teams get in. Houston host as #1 seed. UCF and USF get in as 2 seeds. UCONN in the first four out.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
msdos
Swell

Thanks Troy Dannen!
Vlvwave
Ripple

Congrats to all of those guys who continue to find success elsewhere. Will be pulling for all of them the next few weeks. Besides Pierce and Allen, all Rick Jones disciples and all but Kingston played for him. Meanwhile our athletic director alienates the program from the past...and how did that work out this year?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Three AAC teams get in. Houston host as #1 seed. UCF and USF get in as 2 seeds. UCONN in the first four out.
Rice winning may have bumped them.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Three AAC teams get in. Houston host as #1 seed. UCF and USF get in as 2 seeds. UCONN in the first four out.
Rice winning may have bumped them.
No doubt.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

onward to Lubbock....I hope many can catch a game or two being played near you.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

our very own scott sidwell screwed over the mid majors and left uconn out in favor a sec team. AAC was the #4 best RPI conference and only got 3 teams in. Uconn finished 1 game out of 1st place in the #4 best rpi conference and had an RPI of #38. Were passed over by several teams in the mid 40s RPI.
Show Me
Tsunami

RollWaveRoll wrote:our very own scott sidwell screwed over the mid majors and left uconn out in favor a sec team. AAC was the #4 best RPI conference and only got 3 teams in. Uconn finished 1 game out of 1st place in the #4 best rpi conference and had an RPI of #38. Were passed over by several teams in the mid 40s RPI.
Roll you have a short memory. "Our very own Scott Sidwell" was not even considered for "our" AD job. I'm sure he would had left Tulane out if they were in UCONN's position. Revenge is sweet.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Seed all the teams like basketball:
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt ... 49449.html
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Did you notice SLU is a 2 seed in B.R. while the Wave and our little friends in Lafayette watch the regionals on TV? Even though I don't give SLU much of a chance against LSU (hope I am wrong), just the same we owe a big congrats to Matt Riser and his baseball Lions.
Bearwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Congrats to the many Tulane connection coaches that made a regional today.
TCU, Miss St, Texas, SELA and USF.
Schlossnagle, Cannizzaro, Pierce and Allen, Riser and Latham, Kingston and Mohl.
Meanwhile Tulane sits home.

Better get used to it.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
lurker123
Swell

Show Me wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:our very own scott sidwell screwed over the mid majors and left uconn out in favor a sec team. AAC was the #4 best RPI conference and only got 3 teams in. Uconn finished 1 game out of 1st place in the #4 best rpi conference and had an RPI of #38. Were passed over by several teams in the mid 40s RPI.
Roll you have a short memory. "Our very own Scott Sidwell" was not even considered for "our" AD job. I'm sure he would had left Tulane out if they were in UCONN's position. Revenge is sweet.
This stuff reads like musings from Area 51 leavened with a visit to Colorado weed country. Sidwell had one vote. He hasn't worked for Tulane in years. He's not the dictator. He just organizes and runs the selection meeting. It's a mighty slim reed to say he takes out any employment frustrations about Tulane on UConn. BTW how do you know he even has a grudge against Tulane? But I guess believing that fills the need of some around here for continued self-abasement.

Tulane's baseball woes this year were bad enough and deserve a bright light shone on them. It is a waste of time and focus to cook up tripe like the above.
Profoundwizard
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
This stuff reads like musings from Area 51 leavened with a visit to Colorado weed country. Sidwell had one vote. He hasn't worked for Tulane in years. He's not the dictator. He just organizes and runs the selection meeting. It's a mighty slim reed to say he takes out any employment frustrations about Tulane on UConn. BTW how do you know he even has a grudge against Tulane? But I guess believing that fills the need of some around here for continued self-abasement.

Tulane's baseball woes this year were bad enough and deserve a bright light shone on them. It is a waste of time and focus to cook up tripe like the above.
I saw on the other board RWR said Sidwell should be fired for this. A little ridiculous.

Btw, how bad does Tulane/Dannen look if Cannizaro and Riser meet up in the Super Regional?
I know it's not going to happen but it would be funny/depressing
chain gang x man
Swell

Ken Trahan article in Sports Nola on coaches jilted by Tulane now going to regionals
http://sportsnola.com/david-pierce-trio ... ournament/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Ken Trahan article in Sports Nola on coaches jilted by Tulane now going to regionals
Amazing how an article with a title like that can go so far out of its' way to not be critical of Jewett.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Ken Trahan article in Sports Nola on coaches jilted by Tulane now going to regionals
Amazing how an article with a title like that can go so far out of its' way to not be critical of Jewett.
It's not Jewett's fault he was hired. That's Dannen to blame.
It's not Scelfo's fault he was hired. That's Cowen to blame.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Image
We need to buy a road atlas :D :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Image
We need to buy a road atlas :D :D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
For sure!
Tulane Class of 1981
dpm wave
Swell

Show Me
Tsunami

Looks like Sidwell knows more than you. Auburn beat UCF today.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Show Me wrote:
Looks like Sidwell knows more than you. Auburn beat UCF today.
dont be an idiot. UNO swept LSU this year too. Its baseball.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bad day for AAC
#1 UH loses at home to #4 Iowa
#2 UCF loses to #3 Auburn
#2 USF wins over #3 Beth-Cook
Kingston wins
Pierce wins
Riser wins
Cannizzaro loses
Schloss rained out
Tulane Class of 1981