2017 Road to Omaha ends with Florida

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Show Me
Tsunami

Remember if you don't share the same opinion with winwave "it's hate" in his mind.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:Let me tell you, that LSU team ain't up to par. :lol:

Makes me sick that they still have a shot
That's right your the guy that knows more than the media that covers them every day. Knows more than their fans. Fact is they weren't playing like this all year. Poche got off to a phenomenal start and then faltered for a while. Lange had rough outings. Walker started solid then tailed off before heating up late. Hess certainly wasn't pitching all year like he is now. Same with Gilbert. They lacked a midweek starter and didn't have depth in the bullpen. They are not the first team to put it all together late . Manieri is a great coach and he knows how to develop players. He trots them out and test them and builds their confidence. AC is lucky to come from his coaching tree. But enough with reason. Back to the laughs. Thanks I need them.
Mainieri is lucky AC recruited this phenomenal talented team.
Yes Manieri would be nothing without him. I mean my goodness Manieri doesn't allow facial hair. He should be fired.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Remember if you don't share the same opinion with winwave "it's hate" in his mind.
Not at all. But the intent of you two is clear. Carry on with your agenda.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Remember if you don't share the same opinion with winwave "it's hate" in his mind.
I "hate" to disagree but it is not my intent to "hate" you.
Pepper
Swell

I mean my goodness Manieri doesn't allow facial hair. He should be fired.[/quote]

He doesn't have national anthem or walking through airport practice either.

On a side note Manieri is an outstanding coach. His players always play motivated and with a ton of confidence. Most importantly they leave as better players than when they got there.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I agree. I have always said he's a great coach. He even took ND to the CWS. The man knows his business.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:I agree. I have always said he's a great coach. He even took ND to the CWS. The man knows his business.
Give 'dem Tiiggeers & Manieri credit, it is now after five innings LSU 5, OSU 0 with Gilbert pitching a one hitter.

I must admit, Impressive.
Pepper
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
winwave wrote:I agree. I have always said he's a great coach. He even took ND to the CWS. The man knows his business.
Give 'dem Tiiggeers & Manieri credit, it is now after five innings LSU 5, OSU 0 with Gilbert pitching a one hitter.

I must admit, Impressive.
OSU coach should be ashamed after not protesting the HR yesterday. They'd be in the finals. That being said LSU was so emotionally ready to play both yesterday and today, it was very impressive. And to think the moron fan base wanted him fired after losing to us. Most complete team in the field.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:Let me tell you, that LSU team ain't up to par. :lol:

Makes me sick that they still have a shot
That's right your the guy that knows more than the media that covers them every day. Knows more than their fans. Fact is they weren't playing like this all year. Poche got off to a phenomenal start and then faltered for a while. Lange had rough outings. Walker started solid then tailed off before heating up late. Hess certainly wasn't pitching all year like he is now. Same with Gilbert. They lacked a midweek starter and didn't have depth in the bullpen. They are not the first team to put it all together late . Manieri is a great coach and he knows how to develop players. He trots them out and test them and builds their confidence. AC is lucky to come from his coaching tree. But enough with reason. Back to the laughs. Thanks I need them.
Am I wrong, or did LSU have a 16 or 18 game winning streak broken by OSU? Kinda hard to say they weren't playing like this all year when they were top 10 all year and came into the CWS with the 2nd longest winning streak in D1 baseball.
D- They have played 69 games. I hope you understand it now. They also weren't top 10 all year and fell out of the top 20 at one point in one or two of the polls. There were several weeks where the fan base was calling for his head.
A month before the end of the season they had gone three straight weeks at #15. Never ranked lower than that.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2017/team-rank?team=LSU
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU always seems to peak at the right time. Mainieri adjusted his lineup batting Watson after Diechman and they never looked back. Teams couldn't pitch around Diechman because Watson was up next. Their pitching has been solid all year. It's just that their bats have finally caught up to their pitching. It's hard to believe that UNO and Tulane both swept this team before they caught fire. Hard to imagine but they are going to be as good next year with the youth they have contributing that are coming back.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

I heard that the NCAA has put in an emergency phone call to Ray Miller to umpire the Championship Series
Claimed he was better then the crew working the games

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:I heard that the NCAA has put in an emergency phone call to Ray Miller to umpire the Championship Series
Claimed he was better then the crew working the games

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:
Miller the rally killer!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Same players LSU has had all year. Same talent level. I gues winwave thinks they added some new guys about a month ago
Profoundwizard
Swell

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
No hate from me either. Just once I'd like to see him admit to being wrong is all. If he can't admit he was wrong in this case, I'm not sure if it can ever happen.
Think about it.
The team is in the national championship. He said they weren't up to par and still thinks that he was right.
Profoundwizard
Swell

But you think the fans who call for his firing after every loss are knowledgeable about the goings on of the team. Doesn't add up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:Same players LSU has had all year. Same talent level. I gues winwave thinks they added some new guys about a month ago
Nope. Same players. Manieri did what he does and got them playing well at the right time.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
No hate from me either. Just once I'd like to see him admit to being wrong is all. If he can't admit he was wrong in this case, I'm not sure if it can ever happen.
Think about it.
The team is in the national championship. He said they weren't up to par and still thinks that he was right.
Didn't realize you were so obsessed with me . I better get a stay away order.

They didn't play this way all season. But again you know more than the media and their entire fan base. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote:
But you think the fans who call for his firing after every loss are knowledgeable about the goings on of the team. Doesn't add up.
They wouldn't have had the opportunity to be upset if the team was playing as well as they are now. You refuse to concede the point that they weren't playing like this all year. If they were they would have risen in the polls all year instead of falling for a period. Manieri knows what he's doing and he can handle pressure.

Of course now you have something to admit. TJ went 2-0 against Manieri. AC had 5 opportunities to beat his master. How many times did he do it?
Last edited by winwave on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave NEVER admits he's wrong. He just attacks the character of those that win the argument when he's lost.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
winwave NEVER admits he's wrong. He just attacks the character of those that win the argument when he's lost.
Guess I'm off ignore again.

Of course you never acknowledged how wrong you were today when you proved my point that they did in fact get hot at the end.

What was it JT Liuzza had to say about you recently?
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
They wouldn't have had the opportunity to be upset if the team was playing as well as they are now. You refuse to concede the point that they weren't playing like this all year. If they were they would have risen in the polls all year instead of falling for a period. Manieri knows what he's doing and he can handle pressure.

Of course now you have something to admit. TJ went 2-0 against Manieri. AC had 5 opportunities to beat his master. How many times did he do it?
I'll certainly concede that they weren't playing like this all year. They've won like 19 of 20. It's impossible to play .950 baseball all year long.

TJ didn't have to face LSU on the weekends with the big guns pitching.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Let's not jump the gun here. We still have a couple of opportunities left to call Manieri garbage.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Guess I'm off ignore again.

Of course you never acknowledged how wrong you were today when you proved my point that they did in fact get hot at the end.

What was it JT Liuzza had to say about you recently?
No, you're still on ignore. But when you're quoted by someone with a brain, it displays. So it's easy to see you resorting to your typical mode of operating.

No team plays 1.000 baseball all year, or even the .900+ LSU has played since the beginning of May. But LSU was top 10 most of the year, something like 11 of 15 weeks. You're wrong and won't admit it and AGAIN, losing the argument you resort to character assaults. That's who you are on this forum and who you've always been here.

I will say the same thing I say about you and JTL: You've got your head where the sun don't shine. And I'd be happy to tell either to your face, something you won't do, hiding behind your computer screen. JTL made his comment because he found no humor in my comparison of Trumps hair to the Crested Wave; you on the other hand resort to such tactics when you lose an argument and have nothing else to fall back on. You're like a little girl. You're a pussy.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
Yes. That's correct. It's comical at times. Another thing is that he always has to have the last comment especially when he's wrong. I think that's probably why he thinks he hated by everyone. He refuses to admit when he's wrong. Whatever fits his argument. You lose all credibility when everyone sees you're wrong and you refuse to admit it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D-I'd tell you to your face what a pathetic asswipe you are but you're never here. You just pound away as a keyboard cowboy.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.