Could Liberty become the next FBS power?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
oliveandblue
Surge

I mention this for 3 reasons:

1. Liberty has the resources to schedule a decent run of opponents as an independent - they are a rare case of a program that doesn't need a TV "welfare check" to run their operations.
2. They have an ex-Baylor guy running their program. I don't think they'll be entirely clean, and if you're trying to win then that is a bigger necessity than anything else.
3. They are a private institution, so local/state level roadblocks simply do not exist to them.

On paper, this is going to turn into a 9-3 nightmare opponent in about 3-4 years. No P5 league will touch them, but they could easily get to the standard of a BYU within the next decade if things develop at the rate they have so far.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their AD is Ian McCaw who worked at Tulane.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bearwave
High Tide

winwave wrote:Their AD is Ian McCaw who worked at Tulane.
I thought they let Ian go recently due to some fallout from his shenanigans at Baylor?
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bearwave wrote:
winwave wrote:Their AD is Ian McCaw who worked at Tulane.
I thought they let Ian go recently due to some fallout from his shenanigans at Baylor?
what does Baylor krap, have to do with Liberty ? Ian was hired after he resigned from Baylor and is still in the AD for the Flamer's

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... XxcolQcZ8Q
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Liberty -could- become the next BYU, but it seems unlikely given that virtually all universities in the US historically catered to Christians, and so Christians as a group do not feel in affinity for Christian universities the way that Mormons do for BYU and the way that Catholics do for Notre Dame. Because they don't, because Liberty doesn't have a conference to join, and because virtually all major conferences would likely never consider Liberty due to its stances/reputation on certain issues, Liberty will likely have difficulty competing at the FBS level due to the fallout from those issues - recruiting, conference affiliation, tv payouts, postseason access, etc.