Bad News Bears

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Death Penalty? Accused of 52 rapes in 4 years.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylor/2 ... rs-4-years

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Probably should happen.

But, what's a shame is, they'll probably do it to the small private school like they did to SMU, but if this were Alabama or LSU they would find a way around it, like did with Miami a number of years ago.

I also wonder, given the money that's involved now in college athletics, would Baylor consider fighting it?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ajcalhoun
Swell

If Penn State didn't get the death penalty nobody's getting the death penalty.
God Bless Everyone!
RobertM320
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:If Penn State didn't get the death penalty nobody's getting the death penalty.

Penn State falls into that Alabama, LSU, Florida category. Baylor doesn't.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Probably should happen.

But, what's a shame is, they'll probably do it to the small private school like they did to SMU, but if this were Alabama or LSU they would find a way around it, like did with Miami a number of years ago.

I also wonder, given the money that's involved now in college athletics, would Baylor consider fighting it?
hmmm.. Miami, is a small private school.... the NCAA will never again impose the "death penalty"...they may put a program into an "induced coma" but the penalty imposed on SMU will never again be applied....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Miami is a private school but they're not small, and they're not perceived as either. They're seen by most as one of the "big boys".
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I tend to agree with golfnut. I cannot see Baylor getting the death sentence, nor do I see them getting kicked out of the Big 12. It's simply not going to happen.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

That whole program has a diseased culture and should be shut down. And who would want to hire Father and Son Briles?
JerseyWave
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:That whole program has a diseased culture and should be shut down. And who would want to hire Father and Son Briles?

Oh wait, I just read that Lame Kiffin hired Kendall Briles to be his offensive coordinator.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:That whole program has a diseased culture and should be shut down. And who would want to hire Father and Son Briles?

Oh wait, I just read that Lame Kiffin hired Kendall Briles to be his offensive coordinator.
I doubt old man Briles will ever be hired anywhere again..well, on second thought, he may be hired as a guest contractor on Waco's "Fixer Upper"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:I tend to agree with golfnut. I cannot see Baylor getting the death sentence, nor do I see them getting kicked out of the Big 12. It's simply not going to happen.
I agree, I dont see it happening. But it would happen to them before it would happen to a Texas or Oklahoma. Politics
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Miami is a private school but they're not small, and they're not perceived as either. They're seen by most as one of the "big boys".
let's see here...Miami undergrad enrollment 11,112...total enrollment 16,253.....Tulane's total enrollment 13,751 ...perception, is just a thought process absent of fact.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Perception in the same way that people who come to New Orleans for the first time think we're more like a NY, LA, Chicago, or Dallas, when we're really more of a Birmingham, Oklahoma City, Memphis kind of place. Its because of Mardi Gras, the culture, the food, the Super Bowls and Final Fours, the Jazz Fest, the Saints and Pelicans, etc. People perceive us as a large major city when in reality we're not. The U is seen as a big boy player when it comes to college football. No one sees them in the same category as Stanford, Northwestern, Baylor, SMU, etc.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Well Kiffin would hire son briles which he did.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:Perception in the same way that people who come to New Orleans for the first time think we're more like a NY, LA, Chicago, or Dallas, when we're really more of a Birmingham, Oklahoma City, Memphis kind of place. Its because of Mardi Gras, the culture, the food, the Super Bowls and Final Fours, the Jazz Fest, the Saints and Pelicans, etc. People perceive us as a large major city when in reality we're not. The U is seen as a big boy player when it comes to college football. No one sees them in the same category as Stanford, Northwestern, Baylor, SMU, etc.
I have traveled many times to all cities listed, without the Saint's and Pel's, NOLA is ??????...in my opinion NOLA is St Augustine, Fl or Savanah GA, only becuase of the history assoicated with it.... as far a the U is concerned, they wish they have been successful recently as Stanford, Northwestern and Baylor
RobertM320
Green Wave

golf, as you said, you've been there. I'm talking about perception by people who havent. People who haven't been to NOLA don't realize how small a town it really is. The casual college football fan sees Miami as a major program, and Baylor as a small private school that has only recently been successful.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:golf, as you said, you've been there. I'm talking about perception by people who havent. People who haven't been to NOLA don't realize how small a town it really is. The casual college football fan sees Miami as a major program, and Baylor as a small private school that has only recently been successful.
I agree.. Miami is Miami because it is in ...Miami !!!...Baylor is Baylor because it is in Wacko, TX...put Baylor in a major metro area like, Lubbock and now ya talkin' !!!!!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:golf, as you said, you've been there. I'm talking about perception by people who havent. People who haven't been to NOLA don't realize how small a town it really is. The casual college football fan sees Miami as a major program, and Baylor as a small private school that has only recently been successful.
I agree.. Miami is Miami because it is in ...Miami !!!...Baylor is Baylor because it is in Wacko, TX...put Baylor in a major metro area like, Lubbock and now ya talkin' !!!!!
Well Miami is Miami also because of bag-men like Shapiro and the "coke boys" in late 80s/early 90s with Jimmy.
chain gang x man
Swell

Let the university that has not shown recruits a"good time" cast the first stone
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Let the university that has not shown recruits a"good time" cast the first stone
You just quoted one of my (and my young sons!) favorite New Orleans bands (though they formed in LA in the wake of Katrina): The Honey Island Swamp Band!!
On your judgement day
They cast away your bones.
On your judgement day
They cast away your bones
And so may he without sin
Go on and cast the first stone!
phpBB [video]
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Well Miami is Miami also because of bag-men like Shapiro and the "coke boys" in late 80s/early 90s with Jimmy.
that is what I meant, by posting "being in Miami"....of course NOLA does have New Orleans Original Daiquirs and Hurricanes U can drink...it is almost a draw !!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No love for the Honey Island Swamp Band? C'mon folks, New Orleans is a city with an incredible music scene. Certainly New Orleans music--all over the City--is a hell of a lot more entertaining and pleasurable than the suffering our Green Wave puts us through.

I'm hoping someone can tell me some background info on the HISB. I only learned of them when they played a private birthday party for a friend (Loyola grad) this past summer in DC.

"May he without sin
Go on and cast the first stone."
Wave QB
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:If Penn State didn't get the death penalty nobody's getting the death penalty.

Agreed! There is no way Penn State shouldn't have gotten it. Hell, Joe Paterno (who I was told stop coaching and running the program a very long time before his death anyway), shouldn't have been given his wins back after he allowed his friend to do what he was doing for so very long. It's sick.

Baylor is on the clock.
Bearwave
High Tide

Wave QB wrote:

Agreed! There is no way Penn State shouldn't have gotten it. Hell, Joe Paterno (who I was told stop coaching and running the program a very long time before his death anyway), shouldn't have been given his wins back after he allowed his friend to do what he was doing for so very long. It's sick.

Baylor is on the clock.
Not one person allegedly involved remains at Baylor. No police reports to substantiate these claims brought 4 years after this supposedly took place. The only 2 athletes ever formally charged are both in jail and Briles, Starr, and several others were fired. The remaining staff is all gone. NCAA isn't going to do anything.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em