Houston Chronicle timeline and more

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like the UH job has come down to Kiffin or the current DC Orlando....a Coach may be named by this afternoon....seems to be a disagreement on the search board...some, with their own TV shows, want a "Name"...the others want someone who has been on staff and has proven themselves at UH, and to the players
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Please forgive an ignorant question, but I've got to ask: Why would Lane Kiffin want to leave Alabama as OC to go to Houston? The money can't be that big of an incentive. He's already coached at every level, so it wouldn't seem that his ego needs massaging. Nick Satan is in his mid 60s and isn't going to coach forever. Why isn't it a better career move to keep winning national titles as OC at Alabama until Saban retires (or runs for US Senator) or something...
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:Please forgive an ignorant question, but I've got to ask: Why would Lane Kiffin want to leave Alabama as OC to go to Houston? The money can't be that big of an incentive. He's already coached at every level, so it wouldn't seem that his ego needs massaging. Nick Satan is in his mid 60s and isn't going to coach forever. Why isn't it a better career move to keep winning national titles as OC at Alabama until Saban retires (or runs for US Senator) or something...
In my opinion ALL COACHS have egos and Kiffin who wants to be the head man again can go to UH, have some success and move on to a bigger gig.
I personally think he is toxic, but he has a name... mid 60's is a mere youngster in today's world....besides Kiffin's krap with Tennessee, may haunt him in his HC search's in the SEC....
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:Please forgive an ignorant question, but I've got to ask: Why would Lane Kiffin want to leave Alabama as OC to go to Houston? The money can't be that big of an incentive. He's already coached at every level, so it wouldn't seem that his ego needs massaging. Nick Satan is in his mid 60s and isn't going to coach forever. Why isn't it a better career move to keep winning national titles as OC at Alabama until Saban retires (or runs for US Senator) or something...
In my opinion ALL COACHS have egos and Kiffin who wants to be the head man again can go to UH, have some success and move on to a bigger gig.
I personally think he is toxic, but he has a name... mid 60's is a mere youngster in today's world....besides Kiffin's krap with Tennessee, may haunt him in his HC search's in the SEC....
If Kiffin is looking for a quick turn for his stint in the AAC how will he reconcile the current talent at Houston with his history of running the pro scheme?
I hope the DC, (Orlando) gets the job.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Major Applewhite is the winner for the Houston job, case closed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The money would be at least double. Then as golf said the desire to be in charge is huge.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Major Applewhite is the winner for the Houston job, case closed.
Going to be interesting. They were so worried about a coach leaving they insisted on huge buy outs that turned some off. I think that's foolish on their part. They need to accept that they are going to be a stepping stone and just always hire the best one out there.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote:
GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Major Applewhite is the winner for the Houston job, case closed.
Going to be interesting. They were so worried about a coach leaving they insisted on huge buy outs that turned some off. I think that's foolish on their part. They need to accept that they are going to be a stepping stone and just always hire the best one out there.
I think you're right ww. Until they become P5, they will always be a stepping stone in Texas behind UT, A&M, Tech, TCU, and Baylor...