John Curtis could forfeit up to 20 wins

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://wgno.com/2016/08/29/john-curtis- ... aa-appeal/
The Louisiana High School Athletic Association could strip John Curtis Christian school of as many as 20 victories in a ruling involving former Patriots tackle and current LSU Tiger Willie Allen.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

correct me if I am mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a dorm at their original campus, where several players from Mississippi and Alabama lived during the school year....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:correct me if I am mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a dorm at their original campus, where several players from Mississippi and Alabama lived during the school year....
St Pauls did for years.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:correct me if I am mistaken, but at one time Holy Cross had a dorm at their original campus, where several players from Mississippi and Alabama lived during the school year....
Holy Cross was a boarding school. Had students from Central America also. Students were either 5 day or 7 day boarders. It was not used to recruit football players
chain gang x man
Swell

Curtis is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about
Evangel is the other elephant. Brock Berlin, who played Quaterback , was from Florida but lived with a family in Shreveport
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:
Holy Cross was a boarding school. Had students from Central America also. Students were either 5 day or 7 day boarders. It was not used to recruit football players
of course it wasn't !!!!!...
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:Curtis is the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about
Evangel is the other elephant. Brock Berlin, who played Quaterback , was from Florida but lived with a family in Shreveport
JT starting pissing people off when he instituted his unofficial, official "red shirt" program with 7th and 8th grade students....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The recruitment charge probably comes because Allen originally lived in NOLA East but somehow ended up at a school far away in Harahan. So of course it was impractical to drive back and forth to school that far away 6 days a week. He had to move closer. No relatives were near so he moved in with a JC coach. Had he already lived near Harahan and moved in with a coach I believe there wouldn't have been any charges of recruitment brought on.
The rules Curtis were found to have been in violation fell under Section 2, titled, “Recruiting.” More specifically, Bonine said, the rules that were broken came under subsets 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 of the LHSAA handbook, which in part states:

“ ‘Athletic recruiting’ is defined as the use of undue influence and/or special inducement by anyone connected directly or indirectly with an LHSAA school in an attempt to encourage, induce, pressure, urge or entice a prospective student of any age to transfer to or retain a student at a school for the purpose of participating in interscholastic athletics.”
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

This is just more of the LHSAA sticking it to private schools.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Pepper wrote:This is just more of the LHSAA sticking it to private schools.
I was thinking this as well. They're just pissed because the LHSAA is going to fall apart once the privates form their own association and some of the public schools start wanting in.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson