ESPN subscriber collapse

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Re: ESPN subscriber collapse

Postby tpstulane » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:In an attempt to stop the bleeding Disney to charge $4.99 for ESPN Streaming App starting this spring.
https://twitter.com/cnbc/status/960986368812965888

Thanks, I don't need them. If there's any concern about why they are losing viewers by the dozen, just tune in during the day and hear 30 seconds of the spew and "debate" they engage in. It took years to do it, but they have ruined a good thing.

I agree. Complete 180 turnaround for the worst from where they began.

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:10 pm

And yet any of us that watch tonights basketball game are watching an ESPN network

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:42 pm

DfromCT wrote:And yet any of us that watch tonights basketball game are watching an ESPN network

They should only do games. Eliminate all in studio BS except for big events.

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

DfromCT
Tsunami

Postby DfromCT » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:02 pm

tpstulane wrote:
DfromCT wrote:And yet any of us that watch tonights basketball game are watching an ESPN network

They should only do games. Eliminate all in studio BS except for big events.

I agree, though SportsCenter for an hour or two every morning would be ok. I also like their 30-30 type shows. Hate their sports reporter shows particularly anything with Steven A Smith. Don't like when they talk politics. But they have some compelling content (meaning games mostly) whether you get it through your cable or computer.

I'll admit it's a CT company, I take a little pride in watching it grow from nothing to a media leader, and I know some of the key executives. I don't defend them and recognize that they're a wounded dog at this point. I can also see the argument that ESPN money drove a wedge between the "haves" and "have nots" (aka P5 vs everyone else) in college sports.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia