Baby Cakes Field for Football

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:If it were that advantageous, other college programs would have regular high school games on their campus. they don't.

It would also be a poor use of any leverage we have with NIMBYs.
If our coaches see it as important to bring HS coaches and players to Yulman then I'm for it. Nothing to do with NIMBY leverage. The deal cut already allows HS games on campus when Tulane is off or out of town. Like I said previously Tulane stadium was used by high schools every Friday night for years. The last game played in Tulane stadium was a high school game. We are trying to build young fan base so getting HS student athletes and their families on our campus is a good thing.
tps, you sound like Cow/Dick; "...we know better than all those other FBS schools that do not allow or want high school games and rock concerts disrupting campus life...."

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
ccap05
Surge

nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
DrBox wrote:If it were that advantageous, other college programs would have regular high school games on their campus. they don't.

If our coaches see it as important to bring HS coaches and players to Yulman then I'm for it. Nothing to do with NIMBY leverage. The deal cut already allows HS games on campus when Tulane is off or out of town. Like I said previously Tulane stadium was used by high schools every Friday night for years. The last game played in Tulane stadium was a high school game. We are trying to build young fan base so getting HS student athletes and their families on our campus is a good thing.
tps, you sound like Cow/Dick; "...we know better than all those other FBS schools that do not allow or want high school games and rock concerts disrupting campus life...."
Jonathan/Peete- I assume you are simply posting to piss people off. TPS clearly supports high school games at Yulman as being worthwhile if the coaching staff agrees. Where did you get the quote about rock concerts. Your multiple personality bit is not amusing; it is simply irritating. I assume you are an LSU or ULL fan who simply wants to disrupt this board. Is there any chance you can take up some hobby other than being the re-occuring a*****e on this site?
Show Me
Tsunami

ccap05 wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

Jonathan/Peete- I assume you are simply posting to piss people off. TPS clearly supports high school games at Yulman as being worthwhile if the coaching staff agrees. Where did you get the quote about rock concerts. Your multiple personality bit is not amusing; it is simply irritating. I assume you are an LSU or ULL fan who simply wants to disrupt this board. Is there any chance you can take up some hobby other than being the re-occuring a*****e on this site?
Jonathan/Peete is a troll that drops in to disrupt quality discussion. He's never posted support of anything Tulane. Clearly he is a miserable person that doesn't have a life.
For God sakes he can't even figure out how to post a link.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Pure insanity that we have high school teams playing on a dirt infield in Metairie when a brand new uptown facility is sitting there. I truly believe people underestimate what playing Yulman would do in building the fanbase and recruit base.

If the NIMBYs allow baseball to be played at Turchin, why not football?

Incidentally I coach a little league team for Carrolton Boosters and Tulane (for the first time tmk) has stepped up and sponsored a "Green Wave" team at every age level. Cheap and solid publicity/marketing, great job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:Pure insanity that we have high school teams playing on a dirt infield in Metairie when a brand new uptown facility is sitting there. I truly believe people underestimate what playing Yulman would do in building the fanbase and recruit base.

If the NIMBYs allow baseball to be played at Turchin, why not football?

Incidentally I coach a little league team for Carrolton Boosters and Tulane (for the first time tmk) has stepped up and sponsored a "Green Wave" team at every age level. Cheap and solid publicity/marketing, great job.
That's great hearing they now sponsor. It can only help to expose the NOLA youth to Tulane in any way. I know it helped when I was in HS. National Champion Alabama has high school games played at Denny-Bryant Stadium. So do many others. If Fritz and Dannen want it to happen then it will.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes it will be a ton of fun. They will have great tailgating out there. It will create a great atmosphere.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
chain gang x man
Swell

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ext-season

This is how the football field will be laid out over the baseball field
Temporary stands on one side
16' sidelines. Yulman has more then 16'and it's crowded
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/sp ... ext-season

Tulane officials have met with certain Catholic league AD's and you may see something at Yulman. The new Zephyr ownership are some good businessmen that owned the Red Sox AAA team. They are scheduling concerts and other events at their park. They see a big revenue source there going untapped. If you think about it Yulman really sits idle 360 days a year.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:

Tulane officials have met with certain Catholic league AD's and you may see something at Yulman. The new Zephyr ownership are some good businessmen that owned the Red Sox AAA team. They are scheduling concerts and other events at their park. They see a big revenue source there going untapped. If you think about it Yulman really sits idle 360 days a year.
Yulman is idle because the prior Administration was inept and corrupt... but then again, Metairie has zero outdoor facilities for concerts and other events, unless you count the Al Copeland Memorial bandstand so Zephyr should be in use year round...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

http://sportsnola.com/video-eight-catho ... announced/
Ken Trahan interviews Catholic coaches
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:http://sportsnola.com/video-eight-catho ... announced/
Ken Trahan interviews Catholic coaches
Thx!
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

cant imagine bm-jesuit not at gormley.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:

Regardless of the outcome, the logic behind building a 22K football stadium uptown was some of the dumbest $hit ever.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:cant imagine bm-jesuit not at gormley.
It's more about playing on Friday nights. The lack of stadium options on Friday night is what drove this. High schools hate playing on Saturday afternoon going against LSU, Tulane and good college games on TV. High School football belongs on Friday night. And Zephyr gives the Catholic league that opportunity. Yulman needs to get onboard.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
sader24 wrote:cant imagine bm-jesuit not at gormley.
It's more about playing on Friday nights. The lack of stadium options on Friday night is what drove this. High schools hate playing on Saturday afternoon going against LSU, Tulane and good college games on TV. High School football belongs on Friday night. And Zephyr gives the Catholic league that opportunity. Yulman needs to get onboard.
Nope. Yulman already reeks of bush league; no need to confirm by adding high school games to piss off the neighbors. We need to stroke the neighbors to grease the needed expansion to 50,000 - 55,000; not add to their displeasure.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:
We need to stroke the neighbors.
Spoken like a true Cow/Dick apologist troll. As Dannen says "screw the neighbors".
nawlinspete
Riptide

Stupid. The neighbors are real and the last thing they want is four or five or six more games next door that are not Tulane. Especially night games. Truth is NO ONE really wants a bunch of high schoolers milling around at night. Anywhere.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Stupid. The neighbors are real and the last thing they want is four or five or six more games next door that are not Tulane. Especially night games. Truth is NO ONE really wants a bunch of high schoolers milling around at night. Anywhere.
You are weak. Screw the neighbors. High school games are already in the agreement. BS. Dannen and Fritz want high school kids milling around our campus.
chain gang x man
Swell

Leslie Spoon does an article at 6 on WWL how the football field will fit on the baseball fields
DrBox
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Stupid. The neighbors are real and the last thing they want is four or five or six more games next door that are not Tulane. Especially night games. Truth is NO ONE really wants a bunch of high schoolers milling around at night. Anywhere.
You are weak. Screw the neighbors. High school games are already in the agreement. BS. Dannen and Fritz want high school kids milling around our campus.
If we're going to "screw the neighbors" do it by building a deck on the West side.
Don't waste political capital on a high school football game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Leslie Spoon does an article at 6 on WWL how the football field will fit on the baseball fields
Was about to post that!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ESPN very likely to televise the game between Curtis and Brother Martin at Zephyr nationally. They were out there today measuring for camera angles and locations. Right field line will be the end zone. Left field line the home team.
The bad thing is they are leaving the infield dirt.
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

Have they announced the seating capacity including the temporary stands
Zephyr field seats about 11,000 for baseball
Tad Gormley seats about 26,000
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Have they announced the seating capacity including the temporary stands
Zephyr field seats about 11,000 for baseball
Tad Gormley seats about 26,000
No. But when they bring in the stands it may go up another 1,000 or 2,000
Tulane Class of 1981