Baby Cakes Field for Football

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
ajcalhoun
Swell

It's 2016. I hardly consider $5 to park scalping. I pay $35 to park for Saints games.

God Bless Everyone!
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:We can. We haven't b/c of the cost involved. All the same requirements we have for parking, security, and so on apply for the HS games as well.
OK. Sounds to me like the NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman for high school games. You can parse it as you will as to what mechanisms they used to achieve that result. Let me know when Jesuit and St Aug play there. I'll come.
I didn't parse it. Robert pointed out that you were misinformed since you were saying it can't be used by agreement at all for HS games. It can be and TD will get it worked out.
Well none scheduled this year. So that's three years and running. HMMM. Me thinks we will also see TD work out an upper deck for Yulman. As I said call me when St. Aug plays Jesuit in Yulman so I can watch it from the West Side Upper Deck.

Better yet go look up the history of white phosphorus matches. As you may recall when most countries banned them for being unsafe in the early 20th century, Congress instead passed a massive punitive tax that made use of those matches financially unfeasible. Same result. Use of the matches stopped. The NIMBY's have in effect negotiated a punitive tax on Yulman by burdening it with such costs to prevent it from holding high school games. Just like white phosphorus matches. That's "nixing" in my book and, yes, it is parsing to claim otherwise.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:We can. We haven't b/c of the cost involved. All the same requirements we have for parking, security, and so on apply for the HS games as well.
Right, the NIMBY requirements basically eliminate the possibility of hosting HS games. What's the point of getting approval to host games if it is financially impossible? I guess we could take a loss for exposure, I really doubt it would cost as much as a TU gameday. Less vendors, less parking folks etc.

Another colossal SC/RD failure. Where's Ed Daniel's to defend RD on this debacle? Really think about it. In the City of New Orleans there is a stadium that is perfect for outdoor HS football games. A stadium that would introduce potential NOLA recruits and students to Tulane, yet they are playing games in a baseball stadium in Metairie....mind blowing.
It's utterly outrageous. Not only is there the Dome, but now we are competing with a minor league baseball stadium too. It's just so unbelievably stupid that it's hard to fathom.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
OK. Sounds to me like the NIMBY's have nixed use of Yulman for high school games. You can parse it as you will as to what mechanisms they used to achieve that result. Let me know when Jesuit and St Aug play there. I'll come.
I didn't parse it. Robert pointed out that you were misinformed since you were saying it can't be used by agreement at all for HS games. It can be and TD will get it worked out.
Well none scheduled this year. So that's three years and running. HMMM. Me thinks we will also see TD work out an upper deck for Yulman. As I said call me when St. Aug plays Jesuit in Yulman so I can watch it from the West Side Upper Deck.

Better yet go look up the history of white phosphorus matches. As you may recall when most countries banned them for being unsafe in the early 20th century, Congress instead passed a massive punitive tax that made use of those matches financially unfeasible. Same result. Use of the matches stopped. The NIMBY's have in effect negotiated a punitive tax on Yulman by burdening it with such costs to prevent it from holding high school games. Just like white phosphorus matches. That's "nixing" in my book and, yes, it is parsing to claim otherwise.
You are wrong as usual and as usual can't admit it so you lash out. Sorry yoggie but you can't control the message here. You said it just couldn't be done at all due to the agreement. That's not true.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Over 10,000 watch the game at Zephyr:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify

That's before you include the national TV audience.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wavemania
Surge

If Tulane hosted a Catholic League game, there would probably be more fans in the stands for that game than a typical Tulane game. :mrgreen: Maybe that is the real reason Tulane doesn't try to host. :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Over 10,000 watch the game at Zephyr:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ft_amplify

That's before you include the national TV audience.
The TV broadcast ending up being an LSU recruiting and all other things love fest.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

I had a busy day yesterday. After taking in fall practice I went to take in the Rummel/Holy Cross game at Zephyr Field
Anyone who tells you it's a good venue to watch football on a baseball field has not been to Zephyr Field
The bleachers on the visitor side are a joke. The only people in the bleachers are the band and dance team and their parents. Watching the game is impossible. Two port o let are the deluxe accommodations for restroom.
On the third base side the first 10 rows of seats from the dugout to the left field fence you cannot see the field

The only good seats are one the third base side. If you sit on the first base side you have to sit in the upper deck to see the opposite end of the field

Hopefully Troy can work out a deal and bring these games to Yulman
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:I had a busy day yesterday. After taking in fall practice I went to take in the Rummel/Holy Cross game at Zephyr Field
Anyone who tells you it's a good venue to watch football on a baseball field has not been to Zephyr Field
The bleachers on the visitor side are a joke. The only people in the bleachers are the band and dance team and their parents. Watching the game is impossible. Two port o let are the deluxe accommodations for restroom.
On the third base side the first 10 rows of seats from the dugout to the left field fence you cannot see the field

The only good seats are one the third base side. If you sit on the first base side you have to sit in the upper deck to see the opposite end of the field

Hopefully Troy can work out a deal and bring these games to Yulman
on a positive note...give us some feed back on fall practice.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
chain gang x man
Swell

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/a ... ll-venues/

Not all Catholic League ADs sold on Baby Cakes Field as a football venue
If anyone went to a game last year there are definite drawbacks
The bleachers on the visitor side are totally useless. They are positioned behind the bench so the players block the view of the field
The lower 10 rows of seats on the home side have the same problems as the visitor side. Too low to the field once the players stand up
The back line of the end zones are too close to the fence and stands
Coaches didn't care for the dirt infield. Luckily no games were played after a rain storm making the infield sloppy

This is the best time for Tulane to step up and make a pitch to use Yulman for High School games especially Catholic League games. De La Salle is in walking distance and has a growing program