Tulane Student Arrested for Home Invasions

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

A Tulane student (who also happens to be the vice president of the campus chapter of National Alliance for Mental Illness) has been charged with home invasion. He appears to be a strong suspect in the recent rash of burglaries/home invasions that have occurred near the campus. Very unfortunate for the young man and for Tulane.

Link to the Advocate story

capwave
High Tide

Unfortunate for the young man?????? He chose to commit these crimes, screw him. Unfortunate and ugly pub for Tulane, yes.
GreenLantern
Riptide

capwave wrote:Unfortunate for the young man?????? He chose to commit these crimes, screw him. Unfortunate and ugly pub for Tulane, yes.
Of course this is much more unfortunate for the victims and society in general, but if he were your son or my son, we would certainly view this as a tragic and unfortunate turn in his life. I suspect that it is more than a coincidence that the student was involved in the local chapter dealing with mental illness.

If these acts are related to mental illness (and if you read the article, the facts are bizarre and non-typical of simple burglary), the young man needs help. And yes, that is unfortunate.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

capwave wrote:Unfortunate for the young man?????? He chose to commit these crimes, screw him. Unfortunate and ugly pub for Tulane, yes.
Please pass the Blindfold and Cigarette ....ready....aim....I can see his defense now..he will use the "affluenze" defense...grew up spoiled, mommy and daddy never taught him right from wrong...

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... rt_m-rpt-2
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JTLiuzza
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
Of course this is much more unfortunate for the victims and society in general, but if he were your son or my son, we would certainly view this as a tragic and unfortunate turn in his life. I suspect that it is more than a coincidence that the student was involved in the local chapter dealing with mental illness.

If these acts are related to mental illness (and if you read the article, the facts are bizarre and non-typical of simple burglary), the young man needs help. And yes, that is unfortunate.
F**k him. If he were my son I probably would have been paying attention enough to know if he was a nut case and done something about it. So f**k his parents too for unloading their nut job son on an unsuspecting public. The courts will figure out what the deal is with this bum. In the meantime, keep him locked up. Unfortunate my arse.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
wave97
Swell

JTLiuzza wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

F**k him. If he were my son I probably would have been paying attention enough to know if he was a nut case and done something about it. So f**k his parents too for unloading their nut job son on an unsuspecting public. The courts will figure out what the deal is with this bum. In the meantime, keep him locked up. Unfortunate my arse.
If he were your Son you would have a whole different perspective on the whole issue of mental health treatment & you would be humbled. Parents have very few options if their children are not deemed threats to themselves or others.
capwave
High Tide

wave97 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

If he were your Son you would have a whole different perspective on the whole issue of mental health treatment & you would be humbled. Parents have very few options if their children are not deemed threats to themselves or others.
Parents with little money or insurance have very little options. People that come from the type of family this kid came from have unlimited options. Oh, and by the way, nopd now believes that he may be responsible for a rape also. If this is found to be true, F**k him. I hope he never sees another day as a free man.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Affluencza , the defense to use here!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
wave97
Swell

capwave wrote:
wave97 wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:

Parents with little money or insurance have very little options. People that come from the type of family this kid came from have unlimited options. Oh, and by the way, nopd now believes that he may be responsible for a rape also. If this is found to be true, F**k him. I hope he never sees another day as a free man.
Two assumptions on your part. If he is found guilty of rape, he should do his time.
Parents can not always be there to administer meds to an adult child, nor can they commit the kid that they know is psychotic. When the kid flakes out it's a tragedy all around. If this perp has had a history of violence/sexual assault I would be surprised.
cajunfanatico
Swell

That one chick definitely needs to get a new dog.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.