Our counterpart forum

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
winwave wrote:
sader24 wrote:Apparently there have been quite a few phone calls between season ticket holders and employees at the Wilson Center where the words, "If CJ isn't fired I'm canceling my season tickets next year." I'm 75% sure he's getting canned barring a bowl game. This is the biggest positive of the stadium in my opinion. In an attempt to milk us for more money they've inadvertently made themselves accountable to the fan base for the 1st time in 60 years. They simply cannot afford to have 2-5k ppl in this stadium every week for the long term.
sader I get that people want to put that rationale out there to justify the stadium (I'm not saying you are one of them) but it's not accurate. First off the fans already got Toledo fired when they did the same thing. When the fan base is united on that type of issue the athletic department responds. Secondly even full the stadium is so small it doesn't make money. So this reaction by Tulane is just in the normal course of relations between fans and the athletic department. Lastly we have fired many coaches. The question is does the lack of facilities just get us yet another one that needs to be fired in 3-4 years?
The stadium might not make money but the TAF donations for Glazer & Westfeldt do bring in millions for the program, and Westfeldt will completely dry up if they don't now do something dramatic to show fans they are serous for a truly competitive AAC football program.
Actually not. Especially when many aren't keeping their commitment.
Let me expound on this. First off what many perceive as strictly a TAF donation is actually split 50-50 between the Stadium Fund (to pay for the maintenance ,insurance and staffing of the stadium)and TAF. Then you have to consider that those people were already donating at high levels previously. Then you have higher TAF expenses to provide the excesses of the Glazer Club. It's why when the figures for TAF came out after last year there was no noticeable difference from the past.
The mass exodus in progress of TAF donors from the Westfeldt Terrace will cost them money, a lot of money. Like for "citizens" of the former East Germany, Tulane football fans "vote with their feet."

winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:
winwave wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
winwave wrote:
sader24 wrote:Apparently there have been quite a few phone calls between season ticket holders and employees at the Wilson Center where the words, "If CJ isn't fired I'm canceling my season tickets next year." I'm 75% sure he's getting canned barring a bowl game. This is the biggest positive of the stadium in my opinion. In an attempt to milk us for more money they've inadvertently made themselves accountable to the fan base for the 1st time in 60 years. They simply cannot afford to have 2-5k ppl in this stadium every week for the long term.
sader I get that people want to put that rationale out there to justify the stadium (I'm not saying you are one of them) but it's not accurate. First off the fans already got Toledo fired when they did the same thing. When the fan base is united on that type of issue the athletic department responds. Secondly even full the stadium is so small it doesn't make money. So this reaction by Tulane is just in the normal course of relations between fans and the athletic department. Lastly we have fired many coaches. The question is does the lack of facilities just get us yet another one that needs to be fired in 3-4 years?
The stadium might not make money but the TAF donations for Glazer & Westfeldt do bring in millions for the program, and Westfeldt will completely dry up if they don't now do something dramatic to show fans they are serous for a truly competitive AAC football program.
Actually not. Especially when many aren't keeping their commitment.
Let me expound on this. First off what many perceive as strictly a TAF donation is actually split 50-50 between the Stadium Fund (to pay for the maintenance ,insurance and staffing of the stadium)and TAF. Then you have to consider that those people were already donating at high levels previously. Then you have higher TAF expenses to provide the excesses of the Glazer Club. It's why when the figures for TAF came out after last year there was no noticeable difference from the past.
The fact remains, the stadium is built and if it is empty then it not only hurts our bottom line but decimates our struggling brand by embarrassing us both locally and nationally. It also hurts recruiting and hiring coaches.
That's true no matter what stadium a team plays in.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JerseyWave
Riptide

$75 million spent on the Stadium means Football is on campus to stay. Tulane might as well get it right and do what is necessary to fill the Stadium. The only way to get money and bodies in the seats is to put a competitive product on the field.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Please let's not turn this thread into another stadium discussion.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I was simply responding to the premise that the OCS is forcing them to make a change. It's not. Once season ticket holders start asking for a coaches head en masse w/the threat that they will not renew that is what prompts change. The question is whether the OCS helps to prevent us from putting a competitive product on the field.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

Getting back on track. I'm thankful for this site. The rationale of the Yoggies is the same as RD. If you didn't like it, greeniebacker told me to walk across the street after one of my post. That was Nov 2012 and I never signed on again.

The losing has pushed more family members away from the program and I am no longer emotionally attached to it. I hope they get the AD hire right and we go from there.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Every day that forum continues to exist without the appropriate caveats is another day where the truth about Tulane athletics is whitewashed.

Every poster who patronizes that forum contributes to the problems that plague Tulane Athletics.

Anyone who thinks that discussion about anything regarding Tulane athletics needs to be in any way censored right now is a fool.
IM42lane
Swell

Pepper wrote: Getting back on track. I'm thankful for this site. The rationale of the Yoggies is the same as RD. If you didn't like it, greeniebacker told me to walk across the street after one of my post. That was Nov 2012 and I never signed on again.

The losing has pushed more family members away from the program and I am no longer emotionally attached to it . I hope they get the AD hire right and we go from there.
Tulane (DESPERATELY) MUST hire the right person for the new AD. Whoever they get MUST state this from the get go --- "I believe in WINNING, and I am here to WIN! Losing is not an option during my watch. If anyone at Tulane is not on board with that, then they should immediately update their resume and look for other employment. This Tulane AD will no longer accept consistent losing as status quo any longer. And, if I can not deliver a WINNING ATTITUDE around here (after a reasonable amount of adjustment time), then FIRE me, and find someone who can do it better!".

I have no idea of who can change this attitude around here that being mediocre is OK. This must change for the better NOW!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
galvezwave
Swell

winwave wrote:I was simply responding to the premise that the OCS is forcing them to make a change. It's not. Once season ticket holders start asking for a coaches head en masse w/the threat that they will not renew that is what prompts change. The question is whether the OCS helps to prevent us from putting a competitive product on the field.
I've always said that coaching changes at Tulane are nothing more than ticket sales scams. Lose, crowd dwindles to the 100s, fire, create false excitement, sell tickets, repeat.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:
winwave wrote:I was simply responding to the premise that the OCS is forcing them to make a change. It's not. Once season ticket holders start asking for a coaches head en masse w/the threat that they will not renew that is what prompts change. The question is whether the OCS helps to prevent us from putting a competitive product on the field.
I've always said that coaching changes at Tulane are nothing more than ticket sales scams. Lose, crowd dwindles to the 100s, fire, create false excitement, sell tickets, repeat.
There is no doubt that this cycle has repeated itself countless times.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
There is no doubt that this cycle has repeated itself countless times.
Really, Mike Shula was 6-6 his last year at 'Bama. Saban is leading 'Bama to possibly another National Championship. What resources does Saban have at 'Bama Shula didn't?
DrBox
Riptide

There is not a poster over there that wants Johnson back
msdos
Swell

DrBox wrote:There is not a poster over there that wants Johnson back
That was the point of my original question. If they all feel that way, I was curious why they thought it was taboo to discuss it during the season.
DrBox
Riptide

Because there is a board rule; and it actually serves a purpose (one may reasonably disagree with that purpose) in most times. But when a season devolves and deteriorates like this one, the rule is obsolete makes things worse.
But it's not my board.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Exactly, very few over there drinking any more koolaide!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote:

Exactly, very few over there drinking any more koolaide!
They drank thousands of gallons of Cow-Dick Kool-Aid under "Buffet Bob" but have now apparently learned their lesson. JTS is at present letting things get by that would have resulted in immediate removal from the Yoggie forum just a year or 2 ago. JTS has no choice since under the old rules almost all of the Yoggies by now would be over here at GoTula.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DrBox wrote:Because there is a board rule; and it actually serves a purpose (one may reasonably disagree with that purpose) in most times. But when a season devolves and deteriorates like this one, the rule is obsolete makes things worse.
But it's not my board.
Of course, if it were obsolete and making things worse, then why would it continue to exist? The answer is the "rule" isn't real. It isn't meant to do anything but deflect away from Cowen/Dickson failings. Just like GreenWave(JTS) isn't a real point of view, just a "poster" to keep repeating the party line enough times.

Keep in mind, the "rule" is for those permitted to post there. 90%+ of those who would like to participate in Tulane Athletics discussion are not welcome or able to post there. So first deny 90% of the people permission to post, then stifle disagreement from the remaining 10%. It's just ludicrous that it still exists in 2015. This is 100% literally North Korea levels of censorship.

Anyone who abides by said "rule" is sheep and contributing to the problems that plague Tulane and Tulane Athletics. And there really is not a counter point to this.

Should anyone disagree, I strongly suggest that you read Joseph Goebbels comments on the matter:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Jonathan
Riptide

In my opinion the owner of the Ye Olde board JTS is a joke. He pays ten dollars a month for it and feels that he is the savior of Tulane athletics. He resides in Atlanta rarely coming to New Orleans for Tulane athletic events. I think that he was a physical education major and for a long time was unemployed. He personally drove mega Tulane fans and alumni off his board because they did not like his pets Scelfo and Finney including me..
Wave755
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
DrBox wrote:Because there is a board rule; and it actually serves a purpose (one may reasonably disagree with that purpose) in most times. But when a season devolves and deteriorates like this one, the rule is obsolete makes things worse.
But it's not my board.
Of course, if it were obsolete and making things worse, then why would it continue to exist? The answer is the "rule" isn't real. It isn't meant to do anything but deflect away from Cowen/Dickson failings. Just like GreenWave(JTS) isn't a real point of view, just a "poster" to keep repeating the party line enough times.

Keep in mind, the "rule" is for those permitted to post there. 90%+ of those who would like to participate in Tulane Athletics discussion are not welcome or able to post there. So first deny 90% of the people permission to post, then stifle disagreement from the remaining 10%. It's just ludicrous that it still exists in 2015. This is 100% literally North Korea levels of censorship.

Anyone who abides by said "rule" is sheep and contributing to the problems that plague Tulane and Tulane Athletics. And there really is not a counter point to this.

Should anyone disagree, I strongly suggest that you read Joseph Goebbels comments on the matter:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
JJ, I think you meant "poser" and not "poster," correct?
JTLiuzza
Swell

But it's not my board.
So it's a rule until it really shouldn't be a rule. Got it.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
IM42lane
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

Exactly, very few over there are drinking any more kool-aide!
They drank thousands of gallons of Cow-Dick Kool-Aid under "Buffet Bob" but have now apparently learned their lesson.

JTS is at present letting things get by that would have resulted in immediate removal from the Yoggie forum just a year or 2 ago.

JTS has no choice since under the old rules almost all of the Yoggies by now would be over here at GoTula.
So, you are saying that the almighty JtS would let me and a number of others over here get back on the "Yoggie" board and let us voice whatever we want about the state of TU athletics? My response to that would be to let JtS come over here and state that himself (maybe he already comes over here under another alias -- who knows). He ran us off that forum in the past for any little negative post about Tulane, and now he has changed. JtS would have to definitely prove that to me.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
austxwave
High Tide

anyone having problems accessing it?
green4life
Low Tide

Yes.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
Bearwave
High Tide

JerseyWave wrote:$75 million spent on the Stadium means Football is on campus to stay. Tulane might as well get it right and do what is necessary to fill the Stadium. The only way to get money and bodies in the seats is to put a competitive product on the field.

This post sums it all up. Don't care how much you spend on a nice new stadium, if the product is awful you'll have a stadium full of empty seats. The powers that be at Tulane really believe if you build it they will come; but that also includes building a competitive program not just a facility.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
wave97
Swell

Has anyone successfully accessed the Yoggie Forum?