They give out the Heisman tonight. Who is your favorite?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
T1B2TW
High Tide

Mine is Christian McCaffery (son of Ed). Check out the video below and you will see why. :)
phpBB [video]

And he is only a soph. He now wears Reggie Bush's USC number 5. I love the way he switches hands with the ball when the situation calls for it.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think Derrick Henry blew out the competition, particularly with his performance (and Fournette's disappointing one that same night) against LSU.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Henry from Alabama is a lock.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'm with you T1B2TW. McCaffery is a damn good running back but also contributes in so many other ways that Henry doesn't.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
T1B2TW
High Tide

winwave wrote:I'm with you tps. McCaffery is a damn good running back but also contributes in so many other ways that Henry doesn't.
Thanks winwave, but I think you have me confused with another member of this forum. :roll:
T1B2TW
High Tide

T1B2TW wrote:
winwave wrote:I'm with you tps. McCaffery is a damn good running back but also contributes in so many other ways that Henry doesn't.
Thanks winwave, but I think you have me confused with another member of this forum. :roll:
Oops, my mistake. I did not see tps's post. :wallbash:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

T1B2TW wrote:
Oops. So sorry. Please accept my apology. I hope they do the right thing tonight but I'm not too hopeful. I would actually put Henry 3rd. Watson is more deserving.

I corrected my post above to avoid any further confusion.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I lost all respect for this trophy when Desmond Howard won the award, and it gets even worse... Sam Bradford and then Johnny Football...this has become a total joke and as bad as the ATT commercials.... The only thing sports related, that is of importance today.. Army - Navy .... anything else is just air filler time for networks
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think McCaffery is a great player, good all around back, and possible future Heisman trophy winner. But he was outplayed by a true freshman in the ND game. Funny thing about that game: If the replay officials agreed with the commentators and ruled Kiser down inside the one yard line at the end of the game, ND probably wins the game. They would have scored with a whole lot less time on the clock, making the Stanford winning drive much less possible. That's why it's accurately described as a game of inches.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:I think McCaffery is a great player, good all around back, and possible future Heisman trophy winner. But he was outplayed by a true freshman in the ND game. Funny thing about that game: If the replay officials agreed with the commentators and ruled Kiser down inside the one yard line at the end of the game, ND probably wins the game. They would have scored with a whole lot less time on the clock, making the Stanford winning drive much less possible. That's why it's accurately described as a game of inches.
Agree w/you about that ND/Stanford game. Wow.
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:I lost all respect for this trophy when Desmond Howard won the award, and it gets even worse... Sam Bradford and then Johnny Football...this has become a total joke and as bad as the ATT commercials.... The only thing sports related, that is of importance today.. Army - Navy .... anything else is just air filler time for networks
Peyton Manning got the shaft as well.
ExileWave
Surge

Henry will win, but McCaffrey is the best player.

The Navy QB was screwed by not being invited to NY.
T1B2TW
High Tide

ExileWave wrote:Henry will win, but McCaffrey is the best player.

That may be true, but if he had been invited he would have had to turn it down. There is this game today of somewhat importance to college football which he would have had to miss to be there. THAT wasn't going to happen. :shakingno:
ExileWave
Surge

T1B2TW wrote:
ExileWave wrote:Henry will win, but McCaffrey is the best player.

That may be true, but if he had been invited he would have had to turn it down. There is this game today of somewhat importance to college football which he would have had to miss to be there. THAT wasn't going to happen. :shakingno:
:mrgreen:
Navy had arranged to fly him by helicopter to NYC.