Big XII Expansion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
winwave wrote:The ACC has a championship game so what legislation are they looking for?
The ACC wants to be able to put two teams from the same division into its championship game. So, there can be a championship between FSU and Clemson in the ACC.
Thanks.
I wonder why they just do not write into their Conference by-laws that the Championship game will be determined by rankings
The NCAA doesn't allow that at the moment. The championship has to be between the winners of each division.

Dave breslin
Swell

D from Ct, who was Gary Powers? I thought he was the pilot shot down in Russia. Did he help screw up TU athletics as bad as Cowdick? It would be appropriate for someone who crashed to be involved in our athletic operations.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Jason33 wrote:I never understood the exact concept of team building of big 12 schools but I must admit that they play very well and that is why they are very popular among people in their local areas.
God Bless Everyone!
Jonathan
Riptide

Reading the Ragin Cajun website they are positive that they are jumping from the Sunbelt over first CUSA and secondly over the AAC directly to the Big 12 very soon. I am serious! Are they delusional; they are stuck in the Sunbelt for the foreseeable future!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Could the Texas legislature force the Big 12 to take Houston?
http://m.chron.com/local/education/camp ... 089909.php
"Be a big boy, step up and put this school that has almost 50,000 students and is so high profile, has so many of the top schools in the United States, it's a tier one university -- we belong in the Big 12," he said. "We're a big, major school with an unbelievable history in athletics and academia."

The Big 12 is currently made up of just 10 universities, including the University of Texas at Austin, Texas Tech, Baylor and Texas Christian University. The commissioner of the conference said in December it's unlikely for that to change.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

Funny, in Houston they say that their legislature should pressure the Big 12 to add the Cougars. I'd bet some of our representatives would lobby against us in fear of LSU losing some ground....
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wavetime wrote:Funny, in Houston they say that their legislature should pressure the Big 12 to add the Cougars. I'd bet some of our representatives would lobby against us in fear of LSU losing some ground....
Either this is an old wives tale or it's true and the clowns in the LA legislature are childish and will drive the state into the ground the way Cowen has driven Tulane into the ground.

Actually, I think there is a lesson to be learned there. My personal business dealings in NOLA/LA would echo as much.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Could the Texas legislature force the Big 12 to take Houston?
"Be a big boy, step up and put this school that has almost 50,000 students and is so high profile, has so many of the top schools in the United States, it's a tier one university -- we belong in the Big 12," he said. "We're a big, major school with an unbelievable history in athletics and academia."

The Big 12 is currently made up of just 10 universities, including the University of Texas at Austin, Texas Tech, Baylor and Texas Christian University. The commissioner of the conference said in December it's unlikely for that to change.
YAWN !!!!!!!... The State of Texas Legislature has more important things to do than worry about Houston being in the Big 12... On top of the agenda is demanding that Obama make Texas A&M and The University of Texas @ Austin play a Football game against each other on a yearly basis.. the hell with illegals crossing, the hell with a window to citizenship and green cards, the insurgents from Katrina...lets get the important business of a FOOTBALL game taken care of ...and FYI, if I tole U once I tole U tree times, if the Big 12 gives a ratz azz less about UH and Rice, LaLaff ain't got no chance
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Reading the Ragin Cajun website they are positive that they are jumping from the Sunbelt over first CUSA and secondly over the AAC directly to the Big 12 very soon. I am serious! Are they delusional; they are stuck in the Sunbelt for the foreseeable future!
I think you learned how to cut/paste. You've posted this EXACT same couple of sentences at least a dozen times.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

"Be a big boy, step up and put this school that has almost 50,000 students and is so high profile, has so many of the top schools in the United States, it's a tier one university??? -- we belong in the Big 12," he said. "We're a big, major school with an unbelievable history in athletics and academia."

Houston Tier 1 (Cougar High) ??? USN&WR ranks Houston no.189 for 2015, well below LSU but still above ULALA? :?: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... uston-3652
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
"Be a big boy, step up and put this school that has almost 50,000 students and is so high profile, has so many of the top schools in the United States, it's a tier one university??? -- we belong in the Big 12," he said. "We're a big, major school with an unbelievable history in athletics and academia."

Houston Tier 1 (Cougar High) ??? USN&WR ranks Houston no.189 for 2015, well below LSU but still above ULALA? :?: http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... uston-3652
Your obsession with/fear of the Cajun program is exceeded only by Jonathan's. Perhaps you two should get a room.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Another school wanting to leave.
http://www.bcsnn.com/aac/777-another-sc ... ig-12.html
YAWN (again)...damn I am bored... The Big 12 is not going to be expanding to include UConn....Cincy...or Houston Prep .... .If every School put the resources and time it is taking to get the hell out of the AAC... the AAC would be beating the krap out of the schools in the Big 12....gawd a few years ago, the Big 12 was dead...Colorado (oh no!!! say it ain't so Joe) was leaving...then GASP...Nebraska, big red, the school with the traveling fitness center was saying good bye...surely the Big 12 could not go on...the Big 12 is stronger because those week media center sisters are gone, the Big 12 learned a lesson when it comes to dealing with TV contracts...so Cincy (nice city no TV sets)...UConn ( forget the NYC market it does not care about UConn)...Houston Prep ( The Big 12 already owns the Houston market ) be damn thankful for what you have and the opportunities to get better
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Your obsession with/fear of the Cajun program is exceeded only by Jonathan's. Perhaps you two should get a room.
Couldn't care less about ULALA, the post concerned UH and the AAC. Please troll some place else! :P :roll: :lol:
Jonathan
Riptide

Why do we have three pages on this thread? The Big 12 is not adding any more members!
Robert1969
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wavetime wrote:Funny, in Houston they say that their legislature should pressure the Big 12 to add the Cougars. I'd bet some of our representatives would lobby against us in fear of LSU losing some ground....
Either this is an old wives tale or it's true and the clowns in the LA legislature are childish and will drive the state into the ground the way Cowen has driven Tulane into the ground.

Actually, I think there is a lesson to be learned there. My personal business dealings in NOLA/LA would echo as much.
1. We don't have to worry about our state leg working against us to keep us out of a major conference call up, we've conspired against ourselves in that regard.

2. If we were in position for the call up, there would be members of our state leg to work against us. They'd probably start threatening our enviro law program again.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Couldn't care less about ULALA, the post concerned UH and the AAC. Please troll some place else! :P :roll: :lol:
I apologize. I had you confused with this guy. He follows Cajun athletics more closely than I.
Wave755 wrote:But CajunTroll, after losing to the likes of McNeese St., Northwestern St. and “Mighty Sunbelt Powers” SOUTH ALABAMA (TWICE), GEORGIA SOUTHERN, ULM (TWICE), GEORGIA STATE, and UT ARLINGTON the ULALA MBB team now has a RPI ranking of 202 and the “National Champion” ULALA baseball team has just lost 2 of 3 this last weekend to "Mighty” UTSA? And, for 2015 USN&WR has again “solidified” ULALA’s academic ranking as the tier 3 “Coon-Ass UNO”! :lol: :D ;)
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I apologize. I had you confused with this guy. He follows Cajun athletics more closely than I.
Wave755 wrote:But CajunTroll, after losing to the likes of McNeese St., Northwestern St. and “Mighty Sunbelt Powers” SOUTH ALABAMA (TWICE), GEORGIA SOUTHERN, ULM (TWICE), GEORGIA STATE, and UT ARLINGTON the ULALA MBB team now has a RPI ranking of 202 and the “National Champion” ULALA baseball team has just lost 2 of 3 this last weekend to "Mighty” UTSA? And, for 2015 USN&WR has again “solidified” ULALA’s academic ranking as the tier 3 “Coon-Ass UNO”! :lol: :D ;)
Just responding to a troll! :D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:More politics from UH big donors.
http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/housto ... expansion/
I understand that some of their attendance issues has to do with the schedule but they really need to handle their own business before complaining about the B12 invite. Their Bball is a disaster right now and despite 50k students no one attends their games. The fact remains that adding Houston right now adds very little to the B12, they have that city taken care of....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

A little history…
In Texas, football is about politics. Houston is a state school, and was a member of the Southwest Conference with current Big 12 members Texas, Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor. When the SWC merged with the Big 8 in 1996 to form the Big 12, Houston, along with SMU, TCU and Rice, was left out of the party. Baylor joined Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech in the then-new league.
Here’s where the politics comes in: Why Baylor (a relatively small private Christian school) and not Houston (a large metropolitan public university)? Texas’ governor at the time the Big 12 was formally founded on February 25th, 1994, was Ann Richards – a Baylor graduate.
Fertitta’s direct challenge may or may not come up in the Texas legislature sooner rather than later. The next legislative session in Austin convenes on Monday, February 23rd.

Read more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/housto ... SOKAyUG.99
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
A little history…
In Texas, football is about politics. Houston is a state school, and was a member of the Southwest Conference with current Big 12 members Texas, Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor. When the SWC merged with the Big 8 in 1996 to form the Big 12, Houston, along with SMU, TCU and Rice, was left out of the party. Baylor joined Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech in the then-new league.
Here’s where the politics comes in: Why Baylor (a relatively small private Christian school) and not Houston (a large metropolitan public university)? Texas’ governor at the time the Big 12 was formally founded on February 25th, 1994, was Ann Richards – a Baylor graduate.
Fertitta’s direct challenge may or may not come up in the Texas legislature sooner rather than later. The next legislative session in Austin convenes on Monday, February 23rd.

Read more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/housto ... SOKAyUG.99
Here is the real story, the Paul Harvey version....the Big 12 was formed by members of the Big 8 conference !!!!...When talks between SWC heavyweight schools and the Big 8 began, UH was on the list to be invited, but Ann Richards, the Guv at the time vowed that the Texas legislature would void any contracts if Baylor was not on the list, so UH got the boot... If you notice the original make up of the Big 12, none of the Big 8 schools were "left out".. The Big 8 conference called the shots, except of Baylor...the SWC schools did not have much of a voice...and if you remember it was not that much sooner than this announcement that the SWC was on the Tulane campus with thoughts of expansion, since Arkansas had moved on.. then the Big 8 made it's move and like Paul Harvey said " that's the rest of the story"
t
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
YAWN (again)...damn I am bored... The Big 12 is not going to be expanding to include UConn....Cincy...or Houston Prep .... .If every School put the resources and time it is taking to get the hell out of the AAC... the AAC would be beating the krap out of the schools in the Big 12....gawd a few years ago, the Big 12 was dead...Colorado (oh no!!! say it ain't so Joe) was leaving...then GASP...Nebraska, big red, the school with the traveling fitness center was saying good bye...surely the Big 12 could not go on...the Big 12 is stronger because those week media center sisters are gone, the Big 12 learned a lesson when it comes to dealing with TV contracts...so Cincy (nice city no TV sets)...UConn ( forget the NYC market it does not care about UConn)...Houston Prep ( The Big 12 already owns the Houston market ) be damn thankful for what you have and the opportunities to get better

Sorry, Woodie, but the NYC market DOES care about UConn. They can sell out MSG on any given night, men or women.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

Sorry, Woodie, but the NYC market DOES care about UConn. They can sell out MSG on any given night, men or women.
When they played at MSG during the NCAA tourney, it set a record for ticket prices for a college event.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

When they played at MSG during the NCAA tourney, it set a record for ticket prices for a college event.
wow...they play football in da garden ?