Thoughts and Prayers Requested

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I'm so sorry, Dave. I'm praying for y'all.

God Bless Everyone!
Wave QB
Swell

Very sorry to hear this . Stay strong, and my prayers will continue for your and the family.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I am so very sorry that your son and your family are going through this. Prayers.
Pepper
Swell

I'm praying for y'all.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
arkhou02
High Tide

My prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks to all for your support and prayers.

I'm praying that the test results we get tomorrow show a lab error or a simple virus. The blood results were low platelets, which wouldn't be a big deal if Zach didn't have his history of leukemia. The doctors tell us it's 50/50 that his leukemia is back. Let's root for the 50 that is NOT leukemia winning out. Until I get the results, I'm living the same hell that I went through two years ago. It's worse because we were told at that time that this type of leukemia has a poor survival rate if it recurs. I'm probably not giving the accurate medical descriptions, but who cares. This sucks.

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. It really helps to know that y'all are pulling for Zach. If you could meet him, you'd learn a whole lot about how to live. He's been through a whole lot in his life, and is the most respectful, easy going and happy child I've ever known. I learn a lot from Zach. I could probably learn more (as winwave will attest! ;) )

Your thoughts and prayers mean a whole lot to me. Thank you.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Add my prayers to all the others, Dave. You and Zachary are truly inspirations.
Wavetime
Swell

Done!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sorry to hear that, Dave. Praying for you.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

Keeping you and your family in mind.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The bloodwork earlier in the week was ambivalent at best. Zach and his twin brother, Teddy, celebrated their 5th birthday Thursday, and we just had a party for them at a place called "Pump It Up", which is a kids specialty place. You'd never know from how happy he is and how outgoing he continues to be that anything was wrong. As the party was starting their mom (my ex) and I both noticed a couple of blue bruises. Normal bruises are things boys have regularly, as most of us know. But the doctors told us with the low platelets to watch for blue bruises. We went through with the two hour party, but Zachary is en route to the hospital right now.

Your continued thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.
Jaxwave
Swell

My heart is breaking for you and my newest hero Zach. God bless you guys.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So sorry to hear this latest development. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be serious.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

My heart goes out to you. Prayers will be lifted up from my family as well. Zach is now my hero.
Ball Sumrall!
Bigschtick
Riptide

So sorry to hear the news! Get well soon Zach!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Praying for you guys.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I have no idea how I have missed this thread over the past couple years, but now I'm aware of your struggle--and many prayers are on the way. God bless you, Zach and your whole family.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If you see my rant in the thread about the Westbank football talk last night, you'll understand after reading this post. I needed to attack something. Frankly, I feel like going to the gym and hitting a punching bag, but I'd probably hurt myself.

I just got the results of Zach's bone marrow analysis. The biopsy was yesterday and he was pissed off (totally out of his character) to be going to the hospital and getting "sleepy juice" when we told him he was done with those things.

The results are not good. He is relapsing. I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next two months, and worse it's going to be a year or two of treatment that will be more severe than what he went through three years ago. IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please continue to pray for Zachary and his twin brother Teddy. They've both been through so much, and I have to say, have so much more to face. Teddy is a perfect marrow donor, which is rare. But it's no cup of tea for either of them. Zach will be admitted sometime next week or so, and will be in the hospital for 3-6 weeks. It will be a few months before they're ready to do a marrow transplant, which will involve another extended hospital stay. THIS TOTALLY SUCKS.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's really sad to hear. Sorry they have to go through this again. Best of luck and will continue to pray for Zach.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dave check your PM
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

Hang in there! Prayers!
pansdad
Ripple

My prayers are with you and your kids Dave.
galvezwave
Swell

So sorry to hear this , D. Prayers for your family and your brave sons.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The past few days have not been easy, but Zach continues to be pretty upbeat. Sunday night I had to tell him that "The test results showed that some leukemia cells were hiding in his marrow. It was a conversation I dreaded, but he and Teddy took it pretty lightly, Zach giving me a high five and saying he's going to fight that leukemia. They went back to their playing.

Monday brought Zach's admission to Dana Farber in Boston, which as an inpatient means Boston Children's Hospital. They're all connected, both with same medical records and staff. Zach started to realize that he's in the hospital for a long time, and wasn't happy. He started iv fluids, and meds to try to protect some of his organs from the onslaught that follows. Tuesday was more of the same, ahead of today.

Today Zach had procedures to put in his port and a spinal tap and additional marrow retrieval. To make matters worse, he couldn't eat or drink anything and the 1:30 scheduled procedure turned into 3:30. He came through it all with his typical smile, though exhausted.

We might do something in the early part of the season, right now I'm focused on Zach's treatment.

Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Houma de Wave
Swell

You all are certainly getting those thoughts and prayers right now.