LSU not in a Regional!

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Pepper
Swell

Man work is gonna be fun tomorrow! Crying like a bunch of bitches!

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
JDTulane
Riptide

Don't forget we missed out as well :x Double sucks for them to be so close though.
Pepper
Swell

Oh I have not forgotton. It pays to make those trips to the west coast(something our admin cut because of finances) rather than sitting at home playing all of your ooc games. And making your conf tourney goes along way. Ga. going to the semi finals of the sec tourney and playing at Stetson and L.A. knocked LSU out in my opinion.
timlan2057
Ripple

Well, the way the NCAA went on about "road games," LSU was penalized for drawing 10K at home while St. Johns was rewarded for being a cold weather school.

But regardless, it should never have come down to being that close. And rightfully, Paul Mainieri should be under a bit of scrutiny. No, I'm not calling for his firing but again, the new Alex Box wasn't built to sit idle during the preseason.

Jones should be looked at the same way. No one should be calling for his firing, but you don't build one of the best facilities in the country to sit idle in the postseason for three straight years.

Expectations should be higher than that.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
Pepper
Swell

What your attendance draw is has zero to do with getting in the tourney. Neither is how big your sign in right field is that says how many NC's you won. Half of their SEC wins were from Tenn and Ky and still couldn't make the conf. tourney. As fas SJU, they have been in a regional 4 of the last 5 years and went on the road to Ga Tech and N. Carolina.
RWR
Swell

The post-season will be fun.We love to say the sec is overrated and that our conf. is underrated. USM v. Ms ST. and UCF v. Alabama. Let's go CUSA.
timlan2057
Ripple

Pepper, I didn't say attendance per se had squat to do with getting into the tourney.

I said that LSU plays a lot of non-conference home games because its home crowds are the best in the country. St. Johns was praised by the committee for playing piss-poor schools on the road, when as a cold weather school, they had no choice but to play on the road.

I think the committee's selection reasoning was bullshit, but hey, I can't complain too much. LSU shouldn't have made it that close--especially with several also-ran teams getting an "official" bid by winning conference tourneys. LSU and Paul Mainieri have no one to blame but themselves for not getting in.

That being said, it does amuse me when Tulane folks want to laugh at LSU's setbacks, considering the shape Tulane athletics is in. It's kinda like the Bible says: "Get the beam out of your own eye before you try to take the mote out of your brother's eye."

So, I suppose the real problem for us Tulane fans is how to get our athletic department out of the bottom of the toilet. LSU success or failures have nothing to do with THAT situation.
LSUA Student, LSU Fan, , and Proud Tulane Band Parent
Bigschtick
Riptide

right on timlan.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!