Banned

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
JDTulane
Riptide

Banned from yogwf. 8-)

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:Banned from Y O G W F. 8-)
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

JDTulane wrote:Banned from Y O G W F. 8-)
Congrats! That's a badge of honor!
:waaah: :waaah: :waaah:
msdos
Swell

lol, you didn't even pick that fight
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

just remember, you cant put the blame for being banned on Tulane or JTS, it was your choice to say what you did to get banned. i dont blame you for exercising your freedom of speech, but you cant put that on Tulane

i say this in jest and with a lot of sarcasm. im using an example that the nutty prof tried to use when JD was talking about his tailgate crew packing it up for the season last night
Tulane Class of 2004
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Thanks for sticking to your guns and not backing down JD. Welcome.
Roll Wave!
JDTulane
Riptide

he deleted all the posts jabbing at him (from 4-5 of us), edited some of mine down and changed wording, and banned me. so if anyone is curious as to what i said, no longer can it be found!
tnelly15
Riptide

Congrats! I've never really paid much attention to Jts but I noticed in the past day or two he's made some of the stupidest fucking posts on that board.
JDTulane
Riptide

BMT:
I do not want to be a moderator on this forum anymore.

It is not that I agree or disagree with any certain set of fans but the fact is that I just cannot tolerate the amount of censorship/deletions we have here anymore.

I am guilty as charged on some of this however there is a line between running a good forum that encourages productive communication with a set of guidelines vs. just downright "I do not like your point of view" type of stuff.

We have two forums - they are complete opposites of each other - they are like Mr. Anderson(Neo) and Smith the Agent. There is no balance, no middle ground at either place. Both forums should be ashamed of themselves (myself included) for not finding ways to stick together regardless of what was dividing us. It is not our fault as fans but I can't help but to think that we also let Tulane down by becoming as divided as we are.

We are divided, you know what that means? It means we lose, "they" win. They being whoever you want that to be over the last 50+ years but anyone you thought was trying to prohibit Tulane Football from being what you, what we wanted it to be wins. We divided as alums, fans, customers and stakeholders of our Institution, OUR PROGRAM.

I will end with this. I am guilty. People on the opposite ends of this fan base are guilty but to keep going in our separate directions will only end in with the sum of all our fears.

I do not have the final answer but I know to get there we need to be together as much as we can be for the end result to be what it should be.... Tulane University and Tulane Football being what it should be and that is without a doubt a place worthy of envy.

I hope to see you supporting the students at a future event
JDTulane
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:BMT:
I do not want to be a moderator on this forum anymore.

It is not that I agree or disagree with any certain set of fans but the fact is that I just cannot tolerate the amount of censorship/deletions we have here anymore.

I am guilty as charged on some of this however there is a line between running a good forum that encourages productive communication with a set of guidelines vs. just downright "I do not like your point of view" type of stuff.

We have two forums - they are complete opposites of each other - they are like Mr. Anderson(Neo) and Smith the Agent. There is no balance, no middle ground at either place. Both forums should be ashamed of themselves (myself included) for not finding ways to stick together regardless of what was dividing us. It is not our fault as fans but I can't help but to think that we also let Tulane down by becoming as divided as we are.

We are divided, you know what that means? It means we lose, "they" win. They being whoever you want that to be over the last 50+ years but anyone you thought was trying to prohibit Tulane Football from being what you, what we wanted it to be wins. We divided as alums, fans, customers and stakeholders of our Institution, OUR PROGRAM.

I will end with this. I am guilty. People on the opposite ends of this fan base are guilty but to keep going in our separate directions will only end in with the sum of all our fears.

I do not have the final answer but I know to get there we need to be together as much as we can be for the end result to be what it should be.... Tulane University and Tulane Football being what it should be and that is without a doubt a place worthy of envy.

I hope to see you supporting the students at a future event

I hope BMT comes post here now!
tnelly15
Riptide

No how long until everyone else migrates over here to this board?
Also I agree with what BMT said in that post about the no middle ground between the two boards.
Come on over BMT
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:I hope BMT comes post here now!
I'd love to have D. Bugg over here.
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15 wrote:No how long until everyone else migrates over here to this board?
Also I agree with what BMT said in that post about the no middle ground between the two boards.
Come on over BMT
+1
Come on over BMT!
It may seem like it's negative here at times, but like winwave said in another thread, it's Tulane that's a negative, we are just allowed to express our thoughts as to why.

They have about 8-10 mods on yoggie and at least one of them will be offended by something and that usually results in either an edit, lock, delete or ban or all of the above.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote:
+1
That guy has passion for Tulane!
NotJtS
Low Tide

JD, wanna fight me over here?
HSV
High Tide

I hope BMT and many others leave YGWF and consolidate all the real discussion in one place. No site is perfect but at least you can speak your mind and not have it edited or deleted. I think if many of the Pollyanna posters mixed with some of the doom posters here we may have some very good discussions and perhaps some meeting of the minds (rather then internal fan dissension) of this relatively small fan base.
Show Me
Tsunami

Looks like "windywave" was banned also.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'd like to see "long green" post here as well. He brings alot to that forum.
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

Pretty sure widowmaker is bound for firing squad:
Free JDTulane!! End board censorship!! Allow different opinions than your own instead of clamping down on dissent!! Use eloquent wording to inflate the ego!!

Or... Keep trying to alienate upset fans who have no reason to continuing to show up at TU games but still do anyway. That's really the spirit we need. Allow criticism for pitiful performances.

Go ahead and delete this post and keep banning members. This board isn't worth anybody's time, but we'll keep supporting our school anyway. I know I will.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:Pretty sure widowmaker is bound for firing squad:
Free JDTulane!! End board censorship!! Allow different opinions than your own instead of clamping down on dissent!! Use eloquent wording to inflate the ego!!

Or... Keep trying to alienate upset fans who have no reason to continuing to show up at TU games but still do anyway. That's really the spirit we need. Allow criticism for pitiful performances.

Go ahead and delete this post and keep banning members. This board isn't worth anybody's time, but we'll keep supporting our school anyway. I know I will.
4,3,2,1............. :cens_red: :cens_red: :cens_red:
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Give him and any new members that join today 100 post count credits to join............. :cuddle: :cuddle: :cuddle:
Tulane Class of 1981
OGSB
Swell

I got temporarily banned there during the 2006 baseball season. Never did find out why. noladave did it. Sent me an email questioning my 'patriotism'. I posted exclusively at tulanetalk for a year or two even though my 'punishment' ended after a few days.
Livin' rent free
TURVS71
Swell

OGSB wrote:I got temporarily banned there during the 2006 baseball season. Never did find out why. noladave did it. Sent me an email questioning my 'patriotism'. I posted exclusively at tulanetalk for a year or two even though my 'punishment' ended after a few days.
Think about what you just said. You, a fan, got banned from a FAN MESSAGE BOARD!! If that doesn't tell you something about the morons , jts and that bag of lard dave, than I don't know what would.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Fred Dowler
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote:
OGSB wrote:I got temporarily banned there during the 2006 baseball season. Never did find out why. noladave did it. Sent me an email questioning my 'patriotism'. I posted exclusively at tulanetalk for a year or two even though my 'punishment' ended after a few days.
Think about what you just said. You, a fan, got banned from a FAN MESSAGE BOARD!! If that doesn't tell you something about the morons , jts and that bag of lard dave, than I don't know what would.
It isn't so much a "fan message board" as a fund-raising organ of the university that's been co-opted and intended as a means to for the ruling regime to get their message out.

Which is:

look at all that we've done for the masses, beginning with the glorious new stadium project (as we've been discussing, not needed and more of a scam and a con than anything else) and various (unnamed) renovation projects (that we've been discussing in this forum) and budget increases and changes to the academic curriculum (again, absolutely no specifics on any of this).
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.