Banned

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
kookingkajun
Low Tide

I got banned during the Fla. St. regionals when someone on the yogie boards son was going to Fla. St and he said that he would pull for the Wave. My reply was "and he promised he wouldn't drink or have sex". BAM BANNED

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

JD,

I thought it was completely out of bounds that the main admin for that site was attacking someone (you) who actually makes a tangible contribution by tailgating and attending these horrendous games. As far as I am concerned, that devotion should result in a very very long leash. If anyone deserves to be critical of the current state of TU athletics, it's someone such as yourself.

I think the main admin at that site is losing control and realizing that his attempts to censor has done more harm then good both as far as how the athletic department performs and how TU fans interact with each other. When someone with a massive ego losses control, their first reaction is to attack and defend rather than admit they were wrong and adjust (sort of like SC).
NotJtS
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:
tnelly15 wrote:No how long until everyone else migrates over here to this board?
Also I agree with what BMT said in that post about the no middle ground between the two boards.
Come on over BMT
+1
Come on over BMT!
He's too chickensh!t to come post over here. :lame: :lame: :lame:
waveprof
Ripple

I'm breaking my no go-tula reading/writing self-ban to say that I am incredibly sorry to see you banned by any entity, much less yogwf. The arrogance that went into banning you is yet even more evidence to how shortsighted the powers that be of that website are. I posted as much on yogwf today, but it was deleted instantly (of course) so I wanted to say it to you here (although I also plan to say it to you in person). I still await a response to the original question I asked JtS when this particular fight broke out about why his own words/rules about personal attacks don't seem to apply to him. I have not yet been banned, but I suspect it may be coming. I just can't believe they banned you. I mean nothing surprises me anymore with the powers that be on that board, but yet I'm still surprised. I would say that JTS needs to dig his head out of the sand, but I don't think he is capable. I am so truly sorry this happened to you.

You have always been a bright spot on that board and a bright spot in my memories of Tulane. Thank you for being a great student, a great person, and a great fan of the green wave.

See you soon.
Last edited by waveprof on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

WaveProf, if you are banned, you are always welcome to post here. But thanks for speaking your mind against JtS, although it was deleted. :shakingno:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Show Me
Tsunami

waveprof wrote:I'm breaking my no go-tula reading/writing self-ban to say that I am incredibly sorry to see you banned by any entity, much less Y O G W F. The arrogance that went into banning you is yet even more evidence to how shortsighted the powers that be of that website are. I posted as much on Y O G W F today, but it was deleted instantly (of course) so I wanted to say it to you here (although I also plan to say it to you in person). I have not yet been banned, but I suspect it may be coming. I just can't believe they banned you. I mean nothing surprises me anymore with the powers that be on that board, but yet I'm still surprised. I would say that JTS needs to dig his head out of the sand, but I don't think he is capable. I am so truly sorry this happened to you.

You have always been a bright spot on that board and a bright spot in my memories of Tulane. Thank you for being a great student, a great person, and a great fan of the green wave.

See you soon.
In order, the three most destructive people concerning Tulane athletics:
1) Scott Cowen
2) Rick Dickson
3) Jts (Just talking $hit)
Krewe of Ham & Eggs
High Tide

always wondered what jts stood for
Tulane Class of 2004
Show Me
Tsunami

Krewe of Ham & Eggs wrote:always wondered what jts stood for
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

So I've now seen BigmoneyTX resignation letter on the other forum, as dirty as I feel having gone there to see the fallout.

Something must be pointed out about his honest, yet flawed, take on the conflict between the two forums. Big$ suggested a polar opposite divide, similar to left vs right politics (which is another flawed comparison, but I digress) but that must be categorically dismissed. The two forums are not moral equivalents.

One forum is an open marketplace of ideas and communication, an expression of free speech. The other forum is a heavily censored and edited forum that, given the volume of bans and deletions over the years, is nothing more than propaganda. That's the very definition of propaganda, a whitewashed message presented as an open opinion.

There is no merit or moral equivalence that justifies the propaganda as some sort of "other" option to what takes place here at gotula.net.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

waveprof wrote:I'm breaking my no go-tula reading/writing self-ban to say that I am incredibly sorry to see you banned by any entity, much less Y O G W F. The arrogance that went into banning you is yet even more evidence to how shortsighted the powers that be of that website are. I posted as much on Y O G W F today, but it was deleted instantly (of course) so I wanted to say it to you here (although I also plan to say it to you in person). I still await a response to the original question I asked JtS when this particular fight broke out about why his own words/rules about personal attacks don't seem to apply to him. I have not yet been banned, but I suspect it may be coming. I just can't believe they banned you. I mean nothing surprises me anymore with the powers that be on that board, but yet I'm still surprised. I would say that JTS needs to dig his head out of the sand, but I don't think he is capable. I am so truly sorry this happened to you.

See you soon.
So why would you contribute to a community that is shortsighted and harmful and hypocritical?
JDTulane
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:JD,

I thought it was completely out of bounds that the main admin for that site was attacking someone (you) who actually makes a tangible contribution by tailgating and attending these horrendous games. As far as I am concerned, that devotion should result in a very very long leash. If anyone deserves to be critical of the current state of TU athletics, it's someone such as yourself.

I think the main admin at that site is losing control and realizing that his attempts to censor has done more harm then good both as far as how the athletic department performs and how TU fans interact with each other. When someone with a massive ego losses control, their first reaction is to attack and defend rather than admit they were wrong and adjust (sort of like SC).

What can ya do. I sense the same thing which is why I'm not offended. I feel bad for him really. His arguments are so bad at this point even he must see it but he is raging so hard he just his ban instead. Whats funny is he then responds to my arguments when I'm banned knowing I can't fight back.
waveprof wrote:I'm breaking my no go-tula reading/writing self-ban to say that I am incredibly sorry to see you banned by any entity, much less Y O G W F. The arrogance that went into banning you is yet even more evidence to how shortsighted the powers that be of that website are. I posted as much on Y O G W F today, but it was deleted instantly (of course) so I wanted to say it to you here (although I also plan to say it to you in person). I still await a response to the original question I asked JtS when this particular fight broke out about why his own words/rules about personal attacks don't seem to apply to him. I have not yet been banned, but I suspect it may be coming. I just can't believe they banned you. I mean nothing surprises me anymore with the powers that be on that board, but yet I'm still surprised. I would say that JTS needs to dig his head out of the sand, but I don't think he is capable. I am so truly sorry this happened to you.

See you soon.
Thanks for the kind words! I'll be posting here full time where I'm celebrated for my sass! They might not agree with me here but they share my spirit for disagreement/good back n forth. Don't get yourself banned on my account (though being banned was liberating and worth it). And don't worry, we voted and yes we will finish out the season. Every game. Every play. Every loss. Even an away game or 2!

See you soon!
Fred Dowler
Riptide

You know what's even more fun?

When you ban them before they ban you. :lol:
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
sader24
Tsunami

I think what BMT fails to realize is that many of us were banned over very very petty stuff that wasnt against the rules as much as it was against JTSs on personal agenda/opinion. That banning has caused alot of us to become not only alot more bitter about that board, but more bitter towards the Athletic Department as a whole b/c we see JTS and YOGWF as puppets of the administration. The people that were banned didnt divide the Tulane fanbase, JTS and that board divided it. As for some of us being overly critical, well some of us are at a different point of our rope with Tulane. There are lots of people who have been dealing with this B.S. for 50 years, they're going to be more critical than BMT who has been around for 15 years. Everyone should just leave that board and come over here and let JTS edit his own posts.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I was banned before even being allowed to post. After re-reading the email, I think what set him off is that I compared the putrid leadership with TU athletics to the putrid leadership shown by the folks running that site, pretty sure that set him off for a variety of reasons.

We have someone in JD who, despite the horrendous product on the field, has actually organized a trip to watch the ULL game and he is not allowed to participate in a stupid fan forum, just incredible stuff.
JDTulane
Riptide

-edit edit by JD for apologies.
Last edited by JDTulane on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

jd- check your pm's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

JD, for that, you're banned. :lolgreen:

No worries, it's all good.
Roll Wave!
Wavetime
Swell

I was banned as well, I believe it was in 2006. JTS and I had a disagreement, and as ou know, if it is your ball, you can take it home. I am kinda dumbfounded that many of their core posters are going away.

I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not. They have man good and loyal and good fans over there, I hope they don't change because of a near sighted control freak weenie.
green4life
Low Tide

i can say that i get more entertainment and "school tie in" by reading these two boards than following TU sports. it's pretty much over. the only reason the Tulane pennant stays up in the cube is that it's too hight to reach and take it down
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:I was banned as well, I believe it was in 2006. JTS and I had a disagreement, and as ou know, if it is your ball, you can take it home. I am kinda dumbfounded that many of their core posters are going away.

I wish I could say that I am surprised, but I am not. They have man good and loyal and good fans over there, I hope they don't change because of a near sighted control freak weenie.
I had over 15,000 posts before I was banned for being critical of a guy we didn't even interview for our last coaching search.
:loony: :loony: :loony:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JDTulane
Riptide

FWIW: I got a lovely apology letter and my ban unlifted. Gonna wait a till basketball season to see if I repost there. Bickering with yall here is fun.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:FWIW: I got a lovely apology letter and my ban unlifted. Gonna wait a till basketball season to see if I repost there. Bickering with yall here is fun.
After being banned I've was told I wasn't banned after a week or so of trying to log on and saying my "screen name was banned". I'm happy here because no worry having my stuff edited, deleted, locked or screen name banned if you don't tow the party line.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

JDTulane wrote:FWIW: I got a lovely apology letter and my ban unlifted. Gonna wait a till basketball season to see if I repost there. Bickering with yall here is fun.
Who un-banned you?
Roll Wave!
JDTulane
Riptide

Jts. Seemed sincere but a definite fool me once feeling
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JDTulane wrote:Jts. Seemed sincere but a definite fool me once feeling
JD you're too good to put up with that crap over there. Get off that Titanic.
Tulane Class of 1981