Loyalty

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Tulane72
Ripple

Seems like the Saints are going to get the same kind of Loyalty that Tulane gets when it comes to coaches. Now Payton is still the coach but it won't be long before he will leave now that his family will be in Dallas. Coaches that come to New Orleans are willing to use this city but they are not willing to invest in its future. Is it because of New Orleans. Payton shows that he wants his children to be raised properly as Bowden did with his children. The schools here are not good enough. The people talk funny .This is the image that New Orleans projects. And on the surface that might be true. But when I inspected space ships at the Michoud facilities it was the people from this area that ensured the quality of the space mission. Not the people from Denver or Florida or Alabama or California. In fact the inspectors and workers from St Bernard were some of the best inspectors in the industry. Oh they talked funny and not very sweetly but they demanded quality no matter what form of intimidation they were subject to. And I did too and I'm from Lakeview. Yes education needs to improve, yes crime needs to be curtailed but we have to have pride in ourselves to where people want to embrace New Orleans instead of using it and leaving. New Orleans must come first to New Orleanians. Tulane is New Orleans, UNO is New Orleans, Dillard and Xavier are New Orleans.

sader24
Tsunami

For what it's worth I went to Cincy in early December for the Saints game. One of the guys I went with predicted this would happen 100%. He had family that was close with the Payton's or at least involved with them. He told us all that Payton's wife absolutely hated New Orleans, had a very low opinion of the people down here, didn't like where she was living, and thought NOLA was 2nd rate. He claimed Payton's wife was adamant about getting out of New Orleans. Most of us didn't believe him when he told us this, but now it apparent that he was on the money. For what it's worth, I've heard the kids are actually very upset about leaving and Payton himself was fine living here. The specific example I heard about his wife is that whenever she has any sort of event down here she has to fly her friends in from Dallas for the event because she's "embarrassed" by many of the people down here. I think this is about a wife who is lonely because her husband is rarely home with her job and her friends are in Dallas. I'm sure there are alot of military wives living in near poverty in much worse situations than Beth Payton. This thing is going to end bad because every loss this is going to be the 1st question and if the truth comes out about the situation his wife isn't going to be welcome around here. Also, after a year or two of actually never seeing his family he'll be out of here. If I was Loomis I'd wait for the initial reaction to die down, then in a few months I'd offer him a 5 year deal as the highest paid coach in the league and see what his response is. Right or wrong this state gives alot of money to the Saints for both their economic value and the status they give the city. For our Head Coach to not live here is unacceptable in this particular market. Bowden never planned on staying and used us strictly to get to a better place, but he definitely didn't want his kids living in the city either.