THE BEST @ SPORTS broadcasts (except for Vin Scully)

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
IM42lane
Swell

I have lived in a few different towns over my 59 years. Except for Vin Scully (LA Dodgers), NOBODY is better than Jim H. You can even UNDERSTAND what he says, unlike what gets broadcast from just about any other station in south La.

I wish that he were doing play-by-play and sportscasts for TU. Todd Graf is OK, but he is NO JIM H.

http://www.wwltv.com/video?id=113231249&sec=554742

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
TURVS71
Swell

I have to say that I like Graff because of his passion for Tulane. When I have heard excerpts of radio broadcasts from other schools, most of those announcers get very excited. I like the fact that he "feels" Tulane and shows it on the air.

Just my opinion! :roll:
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Green Wave
Swell

TURVS71 wrote:I have to say that I like Graff because of his passion for Tulane. When I have heard excerpts of radio broadcasts from other schools, most of those announcers get very excited. I like the fact that he "feels" Tulane and shows it on the air.

Just my opinion! :roll:
:D

How about Bruce Miller?

"Oh Brother!"

1973 Tulane LSU game

"Oh brother!" was a more versatile term and easily his most frequent exclamation. "Looney flushed out of the pocket, he's under severe pressure, avoids a tackler, now he's going to pass, long and deep, a man is open -- Oh brother!"

What what what was that? Oh brother as in good or oh brother as in bad?

Roll Wave!
ROLL WAVE!