OU Prez suddenly resigns

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I realize this post doesn't involve Tulane athletics, and I'm not really sure where it might belong, so mods feel free to do what you wish with it.

Jim Gallogly, the president of OU suddenly resigned, after only slightly more than a year as the new president of OU. Apparently he found OU's finances to be a disaster--hidden deficits, hidden debt levels, grossly overstated revenues from donations and contributions, etc.---sound familiar? In his one year as OU prez, he initiated many financial reforms and reduced many wasteful costs--which in turn gained him many new enemies within the academic world at OU. I bet the breadth and depth of this kind of financial deceit is wide spread among universities. Time the feds step up and require any universities accepting federal funds of any type, to conduct annual audits and publish annual GAAP-based financial statements. The corruption in the university system is getting out of control. The Tulane community knows first hand what can happen when a deceitful and corrupt administration takes hold. And while they are at it, the feds should investigate the P5 scam --there, I tied it back to college athletics.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 pm I realize this post doesn't involve Tulane athletics, and I'm not really sure where it might belong, so mods feel free to do what you wish with it.

Jim Gallogly, the president of OU suddenly resigned, after only slightly more than a year as the new president of OU. Apparently he found OU's finances to be a disaster--hidden deficits, hidden debt levels, grossly overstated revenues from donations and contributions, etc.---sound familiar? In his one year as OU prez, he initiated many financial reforms and reduced many wasteful costs--which in turn gained him many new enemies within the academic world at OU. I bet the breadth and depth of this kind of financial deceit is wide spread among universities. Time the feds step up and require any universities accepting federal funds of any type, to conduct annual audits and publish annual GAAP-based financial statements. The corruption in the university system is getting out of control. The Tulane community knows first hand what can happen when a deceitful and corrupt administration takes hold. And while they are at it, the feds should investigate the P5 scam --there, I tied it back to college athletics.
I think ole "High Cheeks" may be involved.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !