Old Guy With Get-Off-My-Lawn Complaint

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

First off, a brief explanation: I'm old (72). I'm increasingly grouchy about issues I would have viewed as trivial only a few years ago. I've lost my filter. I no longer have the ability to sit silently while someone engages in jackassery. Now I complain loudly and do so unapologetically. I don't know if this behavior is a reward or punishment for advancing age, but they are my symtoms nonetheless.

Now about this get-off-my-lawn stuff. I've had the same basketball season tickets for several years. I like the tickets. A lot. They are aisle seats in the row immediately behind the Tulane bench. While I just endured a pathetically miserable season without a single conference win, the only bright spot was the quality of my seats. I was only a couple feet from the action and more than once, I had a player in my lap. On the rare occasion when I could get a friend to attend a game as my guest, they were always impressed with their proximity to the action if not with the quality of Tulane basketball.

This year we have a new coach. He has announced to ESPN and the world that he will be doing everything exactly opposite of the prior coaching staff. Whereas the team has worn grey warmups, this year it will be white. Previously our players had notoriously long and sometimes bizarre hair (think Ray Ono Embo, Mel Frazier, Colin Slater). This year, short is the word.

And then there is seating. Our new coach has decided to flip the sides for the home and vistor's bench. Ignore the fact that the visiting team's bench was only feet from their locker room. Do not be concerned with the season ticket holders who have kept their seats throughout the embarassment of the last several coaching staffs. Change it all! MTGA! I suppose I would not complain about sitting in the top row behind the goal if this coach carries us to the NCAA. BUT WHY MAKE THIS BS CHANGE with the seating your first priority?

With the new basketball seat license, I will be paying double the price for what will probably be worse seats. I was expecting change from the new coach, but what I had in mind was a change of the W-L variety. Sorry for the rant, but I'm pissed. Coach, if you and Troy Dannen want to come to my house and explain this reasoning, you are welcome to do so but see that you stay off my damn lawn!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:44 pm First off, a brief explanation: I'm old (72). I'm increasingly grouchy about issues I would have viewed as trivial only a few years ago. I've lost my filter. I no longer have the ability to sit silently while someone engages in jackassery. Now I complain loudly and do so unapologetically. I don't know if this behavior is a reward or punishment for advancing age, but they are my symtoms nonetheless.

Now about this get-off-my-lawn stuff. I've had the same basketball season tickets for several years. I like the tickets. A lot. They are aisle seats in the row immediately behind the Tulane bench. While I just endured a pathetically miserable season without a single conference win, the only bright spot was the quality of my seats. I was only a couple feet from the action and more than once, I had a player in my lap. On the rare occasion when I could get a friend to attend a game as my guest, they were always impressed with their proximity to the action if not with the quality of Tulane basketball.

This year we have a new coach. He has announced to ESPN and the world that he will be doing everything exactly opposite of the prior coaching staff. Whereas the team has worn grey warmups, this year it will be white. Previously our players had notoriously long and sometimes bizarre hair (think Ray Ono Embo, Mel Frazier, Colin Slater). This year, short is the word.

And then there is seating. Our new coach has decided to flip the sides for the home and vistor's bench. Ignore the fact that the visiting team's bench was only feet from their locker room. Do not be concerned with the season ticket holders who have kept their seats throughout the embarassment of the last several coaching staffs. Change it all! MTGA! I suppose I would not complain about sitting in the top row behind the goal if this coach carries us to the NCAA. BUT WHY MAKE THIS BS CHANGE with the seating your first priority?

With the new basketball seat license, I will be paying double the price for what will probably be worse seats. I was expecting change from the new coach, but what I had in mind was a change of the W-L variety. Sorry for the rant, but I'm pissed. Coach, if you and Troy Dannen want to come to my house and explain this reasoning, you are welcome to do so but see that you stay off my damn lawn!
Give them a chance. I’m sure you’ll be offered the exact seat on the left side aisle where the visitors now seat. Many of the Greenbackers face the same move. After a 4 win season the seat license should have been delayed at least a year. Hiring a new coach probably kept some season ticket holders in the fold in-spite of the seat license. Had Dunleavy been retained I’d bet at least half the base would have not renewed with the seat license fee.
They should chairback the section across court from the current benches and move the season ticket holders there so they can get to the concession stands easier. And also move the team benches on that side.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

But then there's this. This gives me hope.
https://twitter.com/coachrhunter/status ... 5544460288
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:05 pm But then there's this. This gives me hope.
https://twitter.com/coachrhunter/status ... 5544460288
OK . What makes today different than every other day ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Hope we hear some good news shortly!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We will.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:44 pm First off, a brief explanation: I'm old (72). I'm increasingly grouchy about issues I would have viewed as trivial only a few years ago. I've lost my filter. I no longer have the ability to sit silently while someone engages in jackassery. Now I complain loudly and do so unapologetically. I don't know if this behavior is a reward or punishment for advancing age, but they are my symtoms nonetheless.

Surely they will give u the same tics a few rows over, just talk with the tickets folks. They r solid.
greenie78
Riptide

I wouldn’t call it a “get off my lawn” rant. More like a NIMBY.