Tonights NCAA Basketball Championship Game: Who do you like?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.

Who will win tonight?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Virginia
40%
Texas Tech
60%

Total votes: 10
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm rooting for Texas Tech, as I think UVa was the beneficiary of some horrible officiating down the stretch of their final four game.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I gotta be for Tech...have the TT Flag waving in the front yard...can ya beleive 'The Big 12, Conference of Basketball elite"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Cmon, sports fans, pick a team. I think the lack of response to this thread helps me understand how few watch other NCAA teams. I think NCAA basketball blows away NBA basketball (and haven't watched a full NBA game in over 10-20 years.) Watching how good teams play (and there were 5-8 playing better than Duke, whom I rooted for, in the sweet 16) is what told me how pathetic our Wave was under Dunleavy. We earned our power rating, as few teams in NCAA D1 had so little structure on both ends of the court.

And I'm a hockey guy!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm pulling for Texas Tech. Always happy to see new blood winning championships instead of the same old teams.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 pm I'm pulling for Texas Tech. Always happy to see new blood winning championships instead of the same old teams.
Actually it's the first time in the Championship Game for both teams. As usual in these situations I'm just pulling for it to be a good game worthy of a championship.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

I can only hope that Texas Tech wins. I have spent waaaaay to many days on the campus of UVA while being corrected for not using the proper vernacular to describe the most mundane tradition, facility or field. UVA people are completely out of their minds in a very haughty 18th century way
pansdad
Ripple

I will go with TTech. But I must add that I am NOT a basketball fan. It could revert to the game I used to know if they simply raised the basket by about 2 feet :-). How about a 4 POINT line as well as a 3 point one? 5 points from mid court?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:40 pm I'm rooting for Texas Tech, as I think UVa was the beneficiary of some horrible officiating down the stretch of their final four game.
+1,000,000
Tulane is the University of Louisiana