Tulanian is top Marine.

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Honor culminating a lifetime of service. Congratulations to Gen. Berger and may he encourage marines everywhere to RollWave!

nawlinspete
Riptide

Commencement speaker 2020 .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Jaxwave
Swell

Was he Tulane NROTC? Either way, very proud of this honor. Despite great effort by the Marine officer in ROTC when I was there, I knew I wasn’t tough enough to be a Marine. Much respect to anyone who is!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:57 am Was he Tulane NROTC? Either way, very proud of this honor. Despite great effort by the Marine officer in ROTC when I was there, I knew I wasn’t tough enough to be a Marine. Much respect to anyone who is!
He was in my graduating class of ‘81. In my 1981 Yearbook it’s noted that he also played Lacrosse. Yes on ROTC.
#17 Kneeling
ROTC
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

As a Tulane LaCrosse player and a four star general and a Joint Chief of Staffer he DESERVES TO BE A MAN OF TULANE !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:29 am As a Tulane LaCrosse player and a four star general and a Joint Chief of Staffer he DESERVES TO BE A MAN OF TULANE !
Lacrosse is a sport, LaCrosse is a small city on the Mississippi River in Wisconsin.

I never saw a Tulane lacrosse game. Was it dropped in 1981-82?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

When Rix Yard was the AD he encouraged lacrosse as a club sport. He played both football & lacrosse at the University of Pennsylvania. He also coached lacrosse at Dennison University where he was AD. My high school lacrosse coach was very good friends with him so when Tulane couldn't find anyone to teach a Phys. Ed. class in lacrosse, Dr. Yard reached out to me as a 19 year old sophomore to "teach" a class of 38 students.
Calamity ensued.