Apology Owed To Gbgreenie

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
nawlinspete
Riptide

who is exactly what we are in short supply of : New Orleans.fan passionate about Tulane who buy tickets , attend games, and cheer us on even when our product is far from the best .

I am as guilty as any of us . Differing over the merits of a coach is not cause for belittling a fan as a "troll "

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
swampnik
Surge

I believe Gbgeenie is an older""true fan" of TU also, just with a different perspective than most. Trolls do not bleed green even in folklore.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bigschtick
Riptide

If he is truly a greenie, I would also extend an apology.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
msdos
Swell

gbgreenie is a less funny Vance and I can’t believe you guys fall for it every time
HoustonWave
Tsunami

msdos wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 am gbgreenie is a less funny Vance and I can’t believe you guys fall for it every time
Exactly. In fact I suggested they're one in the same a few weeks ago, and Vance magically reappeared in response to that comment. So either Vance monitors this board daily, or more likely gbg is the famous Vance.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

gbGreenie is a real person and a genuine Tulane fan. I see him at the basketball games on his feet and cheering loudly. He's just a bit...uhhh...underdeveloped in the social skills department. I enjoy his Facebook posts a great deal...particularly those about politics.

I'll buy the first beer for any Tulane fan and I would gladly do so for gbGreenie. This is not the same as affirming everything everyone says or posts who wears a green tee shirt. Triumphantly endorsing a coach after the worst season in Tulane history (and arguably the worst in the nation) is counter productive to what we want for Tulane. The athletic director was forced to acknowledge his embarassing mistake of hiring Coach Dunleavy (a decision with which many of us agreed...me included). This should be adequate proof of how off-base all of those posts by gbGreenie have been.

As long as you attack a member's posts and not the individual's character, I do not feel an apology is necessary. Isn't that why we have forums?
Bigschtick
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:23 am gbGreenie is a real person and a genuine Tulane fan. I see him at the basketball games on his feet and cheering loudly. He's just a bit...uhhh...underdeveloped in the social skills department. I enjoy his Facebook posts a great deal...particularly those about politics.

I'll buy the first beer for any Tulane fan and I would gladly do so for gbGreenie. This is not the same as affirming everything everyone says or posts who wears a green tee shirt. Triumphantly endorsing a coach after the worst season in Tulane history (and arguably the worst in the nation) is counter productive to what we want for Tulane. The athletic director was forced to acknowledge his embarassing mistake of hiring Coach Dunleavy (a decision with which many of us agreed...me included). This should be adequate proof of how off-base all of those posts by gbGreenie have been.

As long as you attack a member's posts and not the individual's character, I do not feel an apology is necessary. Isn't that why we have forums?

I called him a troll and "outside agitator" because thats what I thought he was.. If he is a true greenie, then yes, he is owed an apology.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Eaglewave
Swell

Here I was hoping that none of you responded to this thread, and now I am typing away. Damn!

Anyway, no apologies are needed! Gb typed his peace, and others did the same.
Ball Sumrall!
gbgreenie
Surge

No apologies necessary, Certain fans that called the team CAA level, was a personal attack on the student athletes, personal attacks on Dunleavy a gentleman and Dannon also were over the line of what I would not expect from true Wave fans. Yes it got me steamed up to hear attacks versus civilized debate and criticism. We all may bleed olive and Blue but we need to also show class and respect for each other. A fan from the Northeast called my cell phone with a restricted number so that I could not even block him. He was groting over Dunleavy firing and attacking me. That was classless and uncalled for also. Lets move on for the Green Wave Nation and thank the lord that we have an Athletic Director that has proven he will make tough choices and did not need to be personally attacked by some. We are better than that. I have said Cowen and Dickson are the past we are moving I firming believe in the best direction ever. Hugs and more hugs Green wave Nation.
gbgreenie
Surge

Hey Green Lantern how did you know it was me, cheering and yelling to motivate the team. That Wichita state basketball game was electrifying. Daniels and Crabtree had great games, I was almost in their face rooting them on.. Hope more of that's in the future. Let's meet up I will treat you to a beer!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Roll wave !
netshorty
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:01 pm No apologies necessary, Certain fans that called the team CAA level, was a personal attack on the student athletes..
what a stupid comment along with being wrong...
NET {power rankings)
76 Hofstra 27-7
78 Northeastern 23-10
107 College of Charleston 24-9
193 William & Mary 14-17
233 Drexel 13-19
238 Delaware 17-16
252 James Madison 14-19
255 Towson 10-22
263 UNCW 10-23
277 Elon 11-21
298 Tulane 4-27

Yep 20+ spots worse then bottom of CAA. Most of us understood the depths we had sunk to.
pansdad
Ripple

My problem with gbg is that he/she did not identify him/herself. There would have been no nasty comments about his/her posts if we could have known for sure that he/her was a REAL Tulane fan. (My name is Victor Law and have been a Tulane fan for about 70 years).
dpm wave
Swell

There's LOTS to be said about not having blind faith in your leaders.
Unfortunately, despite gbg's vast experience as a long time fan, this is not something he has learned. I don't ever recall seeing any Tulane student/athlete disparaged on any post. Demanding excellence, or at least, competence from a head coach/AD shouldn't have led to gbg questioning the motives of fellow fans.

If anything, gbg owe's US an apology.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

dpm wave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 pm There's LOTS to be said about not having blind faith in your leaders.
Unfortunately, despite gbg's vast experience as a long time fan, this is not something he has learned. I don't ever recall seeing any Tulane student/athlete disparaged on any post. Demanding excellence, or at least, competence from a head coach/AD shouldn't have led to gbg questioning the motives of fellow fans.

Well stated.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:56 pm
dpm wave wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 pm There's LOTS to be said about not having blind faith in your leaders.

Well stated.
This.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

If MD was retained, how many would be apologizing to this guy?
nawlinspete
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:29 pm If MD was retained, how many would be apologizing to this guy?
I , for one would . We were way too hard on a fan who loves Tulane and puts his money where his mouth is .

We need tens of thousands more fans doing as gbgreenie is .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .