Will Wade

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:37 pm How many programs in the field of 68 teams do you think there's no payments taking place? 30? Get real, this is widespread. And the NCAA will come in as a holier than thou judge and jury, yet the NCAA is making huge amounts of money off of these kids. It is a billion dollar industry.
I don't disagree at all. Its definitely widespread. Somewhere, somehow, this house of cards has got to come tumbling down, or there will never be a level playing field again, and we might as well give up collegiate sports completely.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yes this has been occurring widespread throughout the sport . . . The difference is LSU got caught and was caught on tape. That is a big difference.
wave97
Swell

If only the NBA & NFL had their own development programs.... https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/stat ... 5884312577
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Honestly I wouldn’t care if this was Missouri or ole miss . . . But it’s LSU, so I’m going to savor every moment. Now if only that fbi investigation spread to football . . . .
Wavetime
Swell

I hope Alleva goes! Can't stand him, makes my skin crawl. I hope they get a decent AD and we can resume H2H in all sports but Football (only a few teams are worth a 2-1 or more, they aren't one of those teams).
nawlinspete
Riptide

Wavetime wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm I hope Alleva goes! Can't stand him, makes my skin crawl. I hope they get a decent AD and we can resume H2H in all sports but Football (only a few teams are worth a 2-1 or more, they aren't one of those teams).
I hope Alleva goes and that we resume an open ended H/H as we had for 90 years . If GT and Ga can do it after GT bolted the SEC there is nothing blocking a resumption other said Alleva....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

Wavetime wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:21 pm I hope Alleva goes! Can't stand him, makes my skin crawl. I hope they get a decent AD and we can resume H2H in all sports but Football (only a few teams are worth a 2-1 or more, they aren't one of those teams).
If/When we prove to be competitive against SEC opponents who knows what will happen regarding Tulane vs LSU football.
nawlinspete
Riptide

wave97 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm
If/When we prove to be competitive against SEC opponents who knows what will happen regarding Tulane vs LSU football.
We are playing Auburn , State. and Ole Miss . The proverbial ball is in our court ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The lsu players slogan for the SEC tourney...' let's give'em what they pay for' !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm Yes this has been occurring widespread throughout the sport . . . The difference is LSU got caught and was caught on tape. That is a big difference.
Bingo!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:54 pm Yes this has been occurring widespread throughout the sport . . . The difference is LSU got caught and was caught on tape. That is a big difference.
Agree. LSU fans can gaslight all they want by saying it happens everywhere. The difference is they got caught. We had to hear them cry all Football season how Alabama pays off the SEC, cheats in recruiting, etc and now they get caught cheating in basketball and they can’t own up to it. If Saban got caught pulling a Wade, LSU fans would have pitchforks in hand. Their season is done. All wins will be vacated at some point. The kids aren’t victims either. It’s not like they are being sent off to fight in a war. Don’t like the rules. Take your chances or go play in Europe. Tired of hearing BS excuses.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wade $$$ brought in a #3 class. Without that he doesn’t win the SEC. I saw a sports show saying there’s another tape even more incriminating.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/19/c ... ean-miller

Is it possible they can still look the other way now ? It is hilarious and laughable what will wades defense has been (as presented in the article).

Paraphrasing:
Reporter: “ Will Wade, the fbi has a tape of you Discussing providing illegal payments And “Strong ass offers” to college athletes, what do you have to say for yourself ?!”

Will Wade: “ I haven’t heard the tapes so I can’t comment on this”.

It’s so stupid it’s almost genius
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:30 pm https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/19/c ... ean-miller

Is it possible they can still look the other way now ? It is hilarious and laughable what will wades defense has been (as presented in the article).

Paraphrasing:
Reporter: “ Will Wade, the fbi has a tape of you Discussing providing illegal payments And “Strong ass offers” to college athletes, what do you have to say for yourself ?!”

Will Wade: “ I haven’t heard the tapes so I can’t comment on this”.

It’s so stupid it’s almost genius
But will it have an affect on recruiting and the team? Last year he finished the season suspended, but it didn't seem to affect them much at all.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

There’s no way he can’t get the axe . . . Right ? That would hurt the team and recruiting. The ncaa has a target on its back but they have to do something extreme as a punishment. . . Right ? In this crazy world nothing is a given.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Recording now public.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Dick Vitale and the latest on LSU’s Will Wade. COVID-19 has “stepped on” this story together with all other news for the last 2 weeks. But, the pandemic has to end sometime?
https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketb ... d-arizona/
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Give them the death penalty 😈

Not gonna happen but would love it
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

After reading Wade's transcript, he will have a faculty positiion at lsu in "language arts"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Par for the course. LSU can cheat and get away with it. Seems like the SEC schools know that and are immune to big punishment unless they rat on each other. I’d be shocked if the NCAA comes down with the hammer on this.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:09 pm Par for the course. LSU can cheat and get away with it. Seems like the SEC schools know that and are immune to big punishment unless they rat on each other. I’d be shocked if the NCAA comes down with the hammer on this.
Pretty sure (not gonna look it up) that Tennessee got in trouble and Bruce Pearl had a "show-cause" for a couple of years.

LSU is the perfect school for the NCAA to come down on; a known "Sports Factory" but not a basketball blueblood Kentucky, Kansa, Duke, or Carolina.

The LSU AD is talking tough but I'll bet he's already started a quiet coaching search.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

There was complicity from the administration At the very least after doing nothing last year. What a beacon of morality and higher learning. I hope criminal charges are brought, I hope it’s shown that there was a culture of cheating with the administration complicit, and the entire athletic department is napalmed. A guy can dream

Alum’s should be able to turn their LSU degrees in for a foam finger or a national championship hat as that’s what it’s worth.
Wave755
Tsunami

ESPN’s take on Will Wade and HBO documentary. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp And, for the HBO documentary Dawkins commends Wade for getting away with it so far and as such being a real “gangsta.” :clap:

And, one can only wonder if LSU’s “loyalty” to Wade could result from Wade “knowing where the bodies are buried” on a whole lot of things for Tiggger athletics?🤔
mbawavefan12
Tsunami