Will Wade

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU President and Alleva asked Will to come into the office to discuss the FBI reports but Wade's attorneys declined to appear thus the suspension.
So LSU was forced to suspend him they didn't initiate it for the good of the program.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Typical LSU. They announce they will not skip any tournaments:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d122d.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:28 pm Full meltdown mode on Tigerdroppings if anyone's bored this Friday afternoon!
Extremely entertaining. Also 90% really don’t believe they did anything wrong. I’m just going to sit back relax and enjoy. It amuses me the sec commissioner and others keep saying “if true”. . . There’s a tape. It’s true. I just wish the tape would be released.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:21 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:28 pm Full meltdown mode on Tigerdroppings if anyone's bored this Friday afternoon!
Extremely entertaining. Also 90% really don’t believe they did anything wrong. I’m just going to sit back relax and enjoy. It amuses me the sec commissioner and others keep saying “if true”. . . There’s a tape. It’s true. I just wish the tape would be released.
Hell hath no fury like an LSUgh fan who has been caught cheating. I took Bicoastal's advice and searched for the TigerDroppings forum. Wow! Torches, pitchforks, and scythes...oh my! These folks are not angry because 1)Will Wade was caught discussing cheating; 2)their school is disgraced; but 3) because Joe Alleva suspended Will Wade before the conference tournament and NCAA selection. :explode: It's all Alleva's fault!! Winning is everything. AmIRight?

I suspect that there will be a very large number of LSU apparel items (slightly worn) that are returned to Wal Mart for refund this week.
GreenLantern
Riptide

At least after going winless in conference play, we at Tulane have the benefit of being above suspicion. There's that.
gbgreenie
Surge

Last edited by gbgreenie on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Someone please start a gofundme page for gbgreenie. This man needs care.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Maybe the rumors are that Dunleavy is having talks about his contract being bought out at a discount, or coming to an agreement where he'll step down. Maybe we're starting the rumors. Either way, we need a new coach by the end of this month.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Dang I read gbgreenie’s headline for this thread (before his thread was merged into this one) and I immediately thought he was implying that LSU was already in talks to hire Mike Dunleavy. That was very misleading on gbgreenie’s part. Nothing would make me happier then to see LSU basketball go up in flames with Will Wade and for them to hire a mediocre coach like a Mike Dunleavy to take over their program.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Can we pay LSU to take Mike Dunleavy?
ajcalhoun
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm Typical LSU. They announce they will not skip any tournaments:
Why would they? I wouldn't. Would you?
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm Typical LSU. They announce they will not skip any tournaments:
The NCAA needs to send a message....and not invite them.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Eaglewave
Swell

Interesting stuff. It’s unfortunate that the players have to experience this while having such a great season. Oh well, back to our winless conference season that includes a non conference loss to a team that finished last in the SWAC.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm LSU President and Alleva asked Will to come into the office to discuss the FBI reports but Wade's attorneys declined to appear thus the suspension.
So LSU was forced to suspend him they didn't initiate it for the good of the program.
the boss calls u in for a meeting, U tell him to go f#@k off and U still have a job ?...nice
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 pm
I was clear about that above. They are going to be forced to vacate all wins so just end it now. May help them with the sanctions that are coming.It's the Smart move. But then it is LSwho we are talking about.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I say let them play while the coach is sitting out. They've had a great year, and the kids in the program, both paid and unpaid, deserve to play out the season. It's not like this isn't happening at a bunch of other NCAA tournament bound schools, LSU just happens to be in the spotlight this week.

These are 18-22 year old kids we're talking about. In many cases the recruiting violations took place when they were 15 or 16 years old. put the kids first, not your hatred for LSU.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:04 pm LSU President and Alleva asked Will to come into the office to discuss the FBI reports but Wade's attorneys declined to appear thus the suspension.
the boss calls u in for a meeting, U tell him to go f#@k off and U still have a job ?...nice
🤔, but I also think maybe Wade’s lawyer may have said to him, “don’t say nothin.” Remember, Wade has a lot more to worry about then just the NCAA.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:48 am
🤔, but I also think maybe Wade’s lawyer may have told to him to, “don’t say nothin.” Remember, Wade has a lot more to worry about then just the NCAA.
Wade should have shown up for the meeting and then declined to say anything on the advice of Legal Counsel...not showing up, is gounds for a "for cause" termination...if the Prez or Joey A, ( who I think knew what was happening / involved ) had any balls at all, he would have been gone...... as they said at SMU..." Gentleman, you have a payroll to meet "....U can bet, if one was paid, others were paid......
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 am
🤔, but I also think maybe Wade’s lawyer may have told to him to, “don’t say nothin.” Remember, Wade has a lot more to worry about then just the NCAA.
Wade should have shown up for the meeting and then declined to say anything on the advice of Legal Counsel...not showing up, is gounds for a "for cause" termination...if the Prez or Joey A, ( who I think knew what was happening / involved ) had any balls at all, he would have been gone...... as they said at SMU..." Gentleman, you have a payroll to meet "....U can bet, if one was paid, others were paid......
Truth is Wade is gone anyway. And, will he take the fifth when subpoenaed to trial for the pending NCAA corruption case? No attorney will advise him to testify, that much is for sure.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:31 am I say let them play while the coach is sitting out. They've had a great year, and the kids in the program, both paid and unpaid, deserve to play out the season. It's not like this isn't happening at a bunch of other NCAA tournament bound schools, LSU just happens to be in the spotlight this week.

These are 18-22 year old kids we're talking about. In many cases the recruiting violations took place when they were 15 or 16 years old. put the kids first, not your hatred for LSU.
It's not about hatred of LSU. They've been caught red handed. All victories so far will eventually be vacated. Once they get in tournament play those victories they get will be vacated too. The teams they play that they knock out won't get a do-over. It's simply the right thing to do. Just because others are doing it doesn't make it right for them to selfishly continue only to have it all stripped away.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:55 am
Yep.
sader24
Tsunami

This has been going on in college basketball fo 40 years. Y’all think we got that Honeycutt class bc Perry Clark was a great recruiter? Will Wade just happens to be terrible at it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We got Honeycutt because he was got almost stabbed to death. His character scared a lot of people away. I'll say again just because some schools have participated in this for long periods doesn't make it right. when one gets nailed like this they deserve everything they have coming to them.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:31 am I say let them play while the coach is sitting out. They've had a great year, and the kids in the program, both paid and unpaid, deserve to play out the season. It's not like this isn't happening at a bunch of other NCAA tournament bound schools, LSU just happens to be in the spotlight this week.

Why? You think the players that weren't paid don't know about the ones that did get paid? They're all just as complicit. They went along with it, and got caught. Period. And I bet you won't see the player that got "the rookie minimum" giving it back.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

How many programs in the field of 68 teams do you think there's no payments taking place? 30? Get real, this is widespread. And the NCAA will come in as a holier than thou judge and jury, yet the NCAA is making huge amounts of money off of these kids. It is a billion dollar industry.