GA Tech headin' indoors

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IF it would get us games against nationally recognized teams, we should do the same with the Superdome. Playing ND (and I would give them a 3 for 1 if needed, but probably couldn't be scheduled until the 2030's, as they're locked into 6 ACC games until the middle of that decade) or the likes of Michigan, Penn St, USC, etc. would do a whole lot for the program.

There's no reason we should let Yulman prevent us from hosting big time programs rather than the solo games on the road we book for a paycheck. If we're going to play a powerhouse, we should be willing to do so a few times in order to get a game in New Orleans. And yes, there's a good chance the powerhouse program would have more fans in the Dome than Tulane. Unless we become a year to year contender for the AAC championship (which we're not close to yet.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am IF it would get us games against nationally recognized teams, we should do the same with the Superdome. Playing ND (and I would give them a 3 for 1 if needed, but probably couldn't be scheduled until the 2030's, as they're locked into 6 ACC games until the middle of that decade) or the likes of Michigan, Penn St, USC, etc. would do a whole lot for the program.

There's no reason we should let Yulman prevent us from hosting big time programs rather than the solo games on the road we book for a paycheck. If we're going to play a powerhouse, we should be willing to do so a few times in order to get a game in New Orleans. And yes, there's a good chance the powerhouse program would have more fans in the Dome than Tulane. Unless we become a year to year contender for the AAC championship (which we're not close to yet.)
U can bet, if OU does come to NOLA they will insisit on the game being played in the Dome, if by the grace of any higher power tulane is admittd to the Big 12 all home games against Texas, and OU should be played in the dome...all others can be played "Yawn-man'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:34 am
DfromCT wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:55 am IF it would get us games against nationally recognized teams, we should do the same with the Superdome. Playing ND (and I would give them a 3 for 1 if needed, but probably couldn't be scheduled until the 2030's, as they're locked into 6 ACC games until the middle of that decade) or the likes of Michigan, Penn St, USC, etc. would do a whole lot for the program.

U can bet, if OU does come to NOLA they will insisit on the game being played in the Dome, if by the grace of any higher power tulane is admittd to the Big 12 all home games against Texas, and OU should be played in the dome...all others can be played "Yawn-man'

That's what I have said from the beginning. Glad to see others seeing the light.

As to ND they are committed to an average of 5 games a year against ACC teams. Some years they only play 4 and then balance it out by playing 6 another year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.