2006 Rose Bowl

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

A great expose on the 2006 Rose Bowl from the NFL Network's "A Football Life". I get it through Amazon Prime, but if you subscribe to the NFL Network you can also get through on demand on cable or for cable cutters. Many consider this the greatest college football ever played. I think that's a tough call, but it sure was a hell of a game. Vince Young was the best footballer on the planet that night! And there's no shortage of Mack Brown on this documentary.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... cbs_318_17

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

What do you want to know about Mack Brown? I have known him since I was 14 years old. He was one of my older Brother's position coach for three years after he left Florida State as a GA.. I always thought that he was wonderful until he showed up on Willow Street to clean up "Wally English's mess".
Say what you want about Wally English. His name has been kicked around for decades for running a loose ship, which he did, The real sin for Wally English was that he had the misfortune of inheriting a bunch of Vince Gibson shi#-birds. .Had Walley English taken over the program in the Spring of 1980 with his staff of young twenty-something assistant coaches things would have worked out much differently for Tulane. Wally brought in Mike Sherman, Kurt Schottenheimer, Bob Davie, Garth Hall, Joe Philbin (GA), Bryant Poole (to name a few). Every knit-witted coach on Wally English's staff was a mandated holdover of the previous staff as ordered from the AD.
Mack Brown's purge of Wally English JUCO's was part of a coldly calculated tactic of back-loading the roster. Mack Brown cut loose good guys and very very good players whose only sin was being in the right place at the wrong time.
An awful human being IMO.
phpBB [video]
Last edited by wave97 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Mack has certainly not been shy about taking shots at Tulane in the media since he left here. And he brought all of one .500 season to uptown.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

"knit-witted" lol