All 130 FBS teams’ chances if they had to play North Dakota State, categorized

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
cajunfanatico
Swell

At least 80 FBS teams seem like they would be solid underdogs against the FCS champs.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -state-fbs

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 pm At least 80 FBS teams seem like they would be solid underdogs against the FCS champs.

I've had this argument with posters on this board for years. Two years ago I said JMU (which had just gone into Fargo ND and beaten NDSU) would be double digit favorites over THAT Tulane team. A few argued that I'd lose my shirt. At the time NDSU had a better 10 year record (and probably lifetime) versus P5 than Tulane.

A whole lot of people look down there noses at the FCS. Fact is, the top 4 any given year could give the top 75& of FBS a hell of a game, and probably win more than half. That's despite being limited to something like 50 scholarships!

Mike Houston, the new ECU coach, will have them playing for a division title in two years, he's a great coach.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:50 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 pm At least 80 FBS teams seem like they would be solid underdogs against the FCS champs.

I've had this argument with posters on this board for years. Two years ago I said JMU (which had just gone into Fargo ND and beaten NDSU) would be double digit favorites over THAT Tulane team. A few argued that I'd lose my shirt. At the time NDSU had a better 10 year record (and probably lifetime) versus P5 than Tulane.

A whole lot of people look down there noses at the FCS. Fact is, the top 4 any given year could give the top 75& of FBS a hell of a game, and probably win more than half. That's despite being limited to something like 50 scholarships!

Mike Houston, the new ECU coach, will have them playing for a division title in two years, he's a great coach.
Fact is, the top 4 any given year could give the BOTTOM 75% of FBS a hell of a game, and probably win more than half. That's despite being limited to something like 50 scholarships!
FIFY

And that's the very same argument we try to apply to G5 vs P5. The top G5 programs can compete with 75% of P5.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good point. Actually the top 4 G5 teams could probably compete with the top 5-25 P5. Thus there's a few G5 teams in the top 25. But the media bias to the P5 really hurts the G5.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:32 am Good point. Actually the top 4 G5 teams could probably compete with the top 5-25 P5. Thus there's a few G5 teams in the top 25. But the media bias to the P5 really hurts the G5.
I'm just amazed that there were 6 non-P5s in the final AP top 25.

If it wasn't P5 bias, there should easily be 6 non-P5s in the top 25 in any year.