R.R. interviewed at Ole Miss

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yesterday for the O.C position.

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Green Wave
Swell

ROLL WAVE!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

But Oxford is an allergy-laden area.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 pm But Oxford is an allergy-laden area.
ya beat me to it... I am sure the Magnolia Blossoms will send Mrs RR to the ER !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Poor ole miss, couldn’t get out OC and now scrounging for our former OC’s

/s kind of
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:35 pm Poor ole miss, couldn’t get out OC and now scrounging for our former OC’s

/s kind of
😂😂😂😂
Sunamiwave
High Tide

What a drop in stature for Rich Rod to go from the head coach at West Virginia, Michigan, and Arizona to an offensive coordinator at Ole Miss the cellar dweller in the SEC. He should have never left West Virginia where he was doing really well and plus he was originally from there. At one time Rich Rod could have run for governor of West Virginia and easily won. I know several West Virginia fans that have still not forgiven him for his hasty departure to Michigan. When he left West Virginia Rich Rod went from being the most popular person in the state to not even being electable as dog catcher. I believe even Rich Rod was quoted some time ago as saying he should have stayed at West Virginia.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:27 pm What a drop in stature for Rich Rod to go from the head coach at West Virginia, Michigan, and Arizona to an offensive coordinator at Ole Miss the cellar dweller in the SEC. He should have never left West Virginia where he was doing really well and plus he was originally from there. At one time Rich Rod could have run for governor of West Virginia and easily won. I know several West Virginia fans that have still not forgiven him for his hasty departure to Michigan. When he left West Virginia Rich Rod went from being the most popular person in the state to not even being electable as dog catcher. I believe even Rich Rod was quoted some time ago as saying he should have stayed at West Virginia.
If Holgerson does go to UH, maybe RR and WVa will make amends and let bye gones be bye gones—just as we nearly did—but we still had the Cowen albatross around our neck.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Rodriquez was fired because of allegations of sexual harassment from a former employee of the athletic department and admitted to an extramarital affair at the time of his firing. I seriously doubt its baggage that most athletic departments would want to carry though it seems it makes little difference at Ole Miss. But I guess its no different than Saban coming to the rescue of the recently fired Maryland coach accused of abusive conduct towards his players, one of whom passed away allegedly as a result of the abuse.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Dave breslin
Swell

Bigschtick, big time programs would hire beelzabub if they thought it would help them win. Kind of wish we would try that scenario
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 pm Rodriquez was fired because of allegations of sexual harassment from a former employee of the athletic department and admitted to an extramarital affair at the time of his firing. I seriously doubt its baggage that most athletic departments would want to carry though it seems it makes little difference at Ole Miss. But I guess its no different than Saban coming to the rescue of the recently fired Maryland coach accused of abusive conduct towards his players, one of whom passed away allegedly as a result of the abuse.
RR was not terminated for cause so he received a buyout. I wonder what the terms are for his buyout in the event he accepts another coaching position? And, Ole Miss is a "southern state university," southern state universities have no shame.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

It has been made official. Rich Rod has been hired as the new Ole Miss offensive coordinator. Ole Miss better keep a close eye on him. Don’t let Rich Rod within one hundred feet of administrative assistants or Ole Miss coeds. If Rita can deal with her allergies and move to Oxford she better keep Rich on a tight leash, There were some serious allegations of sexual harassment made against Rich by his administrative assistant at Arizona. Rich did not seem like he was on his best behavior while at Arizona.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Sunday evening update> The Athletic, ESPN & SI are all now reporting that Rich is expected to accept the position. Not done yet; but heading there seems to be the consensus.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report-ri ... nator-job/

The linked article says RR was the innovator of the spread offense. Is that correct?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Green Wave
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:29 pm Sunday evening update> The Athletic, ESPN & SI are all now reporting that Rich is expected to accept the position. Not done yet; but heading there seems to be the consensus.

The linked article says RR was the innovator of the spread offense. Is that correct?
Yes RR and Bill Snyder developed the Spread(run and shoot or run and gun) offense in the 90s but the scheme itself first showed up in the 50s.

It was the Run and Gun combined with hurry up that had Defenses sucking wind and in 98 RR practiced outside in the elements. The team was conditioned to run hurry up in the elements all game long.
ROLL WAVE!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Green Wave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:49 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:29 pm Sunday evening update> The Athletic, ESPN & SI are all now reporting that Rich is expected to accept the position. Not done yet; but heading there seems to be the consensus.

Yes RR and Bill Snyder developed the Spread(run and shoot or run and gun) offense in the 90s but the scheme itself first showed up in the 50s.

It was the Run and Gun combined with hurry up that had Defenses sucking wind and in 98 RR practiced outside in the elements. The team was conditioned to run hurry up in the elements all game long.
Interesting. I asked because I seemed to recall hearing the term "run and gun" when Brian Mitchell qb'd for the Cajuns but had no idea of its origins. I don't recall it being coupled with a hurry-up offense though.

Thanks for the response Green Wave.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Will RR make it to our 21 and 23 games against Mississippi .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Green Wave wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:49 pm

Mouse Davis was using the run n gun at Portland State in the 70's...he was the Offensive guru for the Houston Gamblers and Jim Kelly back in the USFL days
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_Davis

http://www.footballxos.com/download/198 ... davis-pdf/

http://www.footballxos.com/download/198 ... davis-pdf/

http://smartfootball.com/spread/run-and ... me-cut-ups
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:38 pm Will RR make it to our 21 and 23 games against Mississippi .
He might but I doubt his boss does.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:38 pm Will RR make it to our 21 and 23 games against Mississippi .
I doubt he will. Some win-desperate program will give him another head coaching shot before 2021.