While I am ranting

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TULANE...BE PROACTIVE !!... U F#@ked up the lease on the Dome...but here is an idea...open every season, on Labor Day week end in the Dome against a quality team..Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma State......these teams get a guarantee or, after expenses, "split the gate, concessions and parking revenue' with the other team, which ever is greater....they get a "W,".. Tulane gets to count that attendance into their home "average'...except for Michigan, all the other teams are an easy drive or flight for their fans...time to start thinking outside the Yulman and using the "schwartz" if U want to survive

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am TULANE...BE PROACTIVE !!... U F#@ked up the lease on the Dome...but here is an idea...open every season, on Labor Day week end in the Dome against a quality team..Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma State......these teams get a guarantee or, after expenses, "split the gate, concessions and parking revenue' with the other team, which ever is greater....they get a "W,".. Tulane gets to count that attendance into their home "average'...except for Michigan, all the other teams are an easy drive or flight for their fans...time to start thinking outside the Yulman and using the "schwartz" if U want to survive
Lots of pluses to that idea. The visitors would also get some recruiting exposure in the Louisiana hotbed. We'd start most seasons off with a loss, but it would give Tulane an early idea, each season, of how a good team should execute. Also, it wouldn't hurt playing a Labor Day Weekend game inside, from a weather standpoint.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

I'm not sure if Tulane could count games at the superdomes as home games.

Speaking of ranting, I'm concerned that Tulane will manage to win 6 games this season against a super weak AAC West, Tulane admin/coaches will celebrate at how good Tulane is, and then, when Tulane isn't bowl eligible in 2019 due to the AAC West not being nearly as bad as it was in 2018 (SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, Tulane and Navy are not good by G5 standards), the Tulane admin/coaches will pretend like that don't understand why that happened since Tulane showed so much improvement in 2018.

That is something to rant about.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:39 pm I'm not sure if Tulane could count games at the superdomes as home games.

Speaking of ranting, I'm concerned that Tulane will manage to win 6 games this season against a super weak AAC West, Tulane admin/coaches will celebrate at how good Tulane is, and then, when Tulane isn't bowl eligible in 2019 due to the AAC West not being nearly as bad as it was in 2018 (SMU, Tulsa, Memphis, Tulane and Navy are not good by G5 standards), the Tulane admin/coaches will pretend like that don't understand why that happened since Tulane showed so much improvement in 2018.

That is something to rant about.
The attendance in the Dome will count as a Tulane "home game".....example: in even numbered years OU is the "home' team and UT the visitors, that attendance get's counted as part of OU's total attendance for the year...same with Baylor - TX Tech played at Jerry world, they alternate as home teams...same deal with Tex A/M and Arkansas at Jerry world each year...this "attendance figure' is very important, because an FBS school must average X attendance each year...if I remember correctly, Tulane played UT in Austin during the Scelfo era....I think Tulane was designated the "home team" for attendance purposes, thanks to Mack Brown
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
green4life
Low Tide

So I was under the impression the The Benson Family owned the proceeds from parking and concessions at the dome.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

green4life wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:51 pm So I was under the impression the The Benson Family owned the proceeds from parking and concessions at the dome.
depends on what U negotiate into the contract...U will not be speaking with Benson / Saints , U are working with The Dome Management company (SMG / LSED ?)...The Saints may have negotiated concessions and parking into THEIR agreement....
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am ...but here is an idea...open every season, on Labor Day week end in the Dome against a quality team..Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Clemson, Miami, Oklahoma State.....
The athletic dept administration will really like this idea..with teams like that on the schedule,.just imagine how much more they could charge for season tickets!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

green4life wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:51 pm So I was under the impression the The Benson Family owned the proceeds from parking and concessions at the dome.
That was a lie by the yoggies who wanted a stadium. There are different ways to rent the Dome. Tulane chose the low rent deal over one where they could get revenues form parking, concessions and such. The high schools have been getting that revenue for decades.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

The Superdome has no interest in bringing us in for a game against a big team. We bring nothing to the table from an attendance, visitor, hotel occupancy point of view. Why play Tulane vs Florida St in the Dome when you can play LSU vs Florida St in the Dome or Texas A&M vs Oklahoma or Texas vs Florida or something like that. That is what the Superdome will be going for. Bringing a game in that will bring 20-25,000 fans per school and another 15K interested in the game. 40-50K out of town visitors.
ccap05
Surge

sader24 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 pm The Superdome has no interest in bringing us in for a game against a big team. We bring nothing to the table from an attendance, visitor, hotel occupancy point of view. Why play Tulane vs Florida St in the Dome when you can play LSU vs Florida St in the Dome or Texas A&M vs Oklahoma or Texas vs Florida or something like that. That is what the Superdome will be going for. Bringing a game in that will bring 20-25,000 fans per school and another 15K interested in the game. 40-50K out of town visitors.
I do not pretend to be an expert in either the economic or politics of this, but I do not see why this would be an either/or situation (unless LSU was pressuring the Dome). Certainly if Tulane plays Ole Miss, Florida State or Texas in the Dome you will see 25K visitors coming into town to buy tickets (and hotel rooms, etc.). Add the 23 Tulane fans who would travel in from out of New Orleans, the 1200 local fans and the 48 students who would go you would be selling 26,271 tickets. It may not be as big a draw as an LSU-Oklahoma game but if it was on a different Saturday then the Dome is simply filling an empty slot with a pretty decent ticket sales event.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 am
sader24 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:07 pm The Superdome has no interest in bringing us in for a game against a big team. We bring nothing to the table from an attendance, visitor, hotel occupancy point of view. Why play Tulane vs Florida St in the Dome when you can play LSU vs Florida St in the Dome or Texas A&M vs Oklahoma or Texas vs Florida or something like that. That is what the Superdome will be going for. Bringing a game in that will bring 20-25,000 fans per school and another 15K interested in the game. 40-50K out of town visitors.
I do not pretend to be an expert in either the economic or politics of this, but I do not see why this would be an either/or situation (unless LSU was pressuring the Dome). Certainly if Tulane plays Ole Miss, Florida State or Texas in the Dome you will see 25K visitors coming into town to buy tickets (and hotel rooms, etc.). Add the 23 Tulane fans who would travel in from out of New Orleans, the 1200 local fans and the 48 students who would go you would be selling 26,271 tickets. It may not be as big a draw as an LSU-Oklahoma game but if it was on a different Saturday then the Dome is simply filling an empty slot with a pretty decent ticket sales event.
The Dome is a business...you pay them the rent requested, they could care less if you are successful as long as they get their $$$$...and if they do not think that way, then the Mgmt Group needs to fired....good ole Jerry world could care less if TX A/M vs Arkansas , or TX Tech vs Baylor,..nice if it draws each year and the contract continues, but ya get ya bucks up front.... if the Dome does not operate in that manner, that is piss poor Mgmt...and FYI, if LSU plays in the Dome, very few LSU fans actually rent rooms in NOLA, they return to their "double wides' in Slidell and Boutte... ( I just had to post that to add some levity )
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:47 am
ccap05 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 am
The Dome is a business...you pay them the rent requested, they could care less if you are successful as long as they get their $$$$...and if they do not think that way, then the Mgmt Group needs to fired....good ole Jerry world could care less if TX A/M vs Arkansas , or TX Tech vs Baylor,..nice if it draws each year and the contract continues, but ya get ya bucks up front.... if the Dome does not operate in that manner, that is piss poor Mgmt...and FYI, if LSU plays in the Dome, very few LSU fans actually rent rooms in NOLA, they return to their "double wides' in Slidell and Boutte... ( I just had to post that to add some levity )
No doubt the Dome would take the game. As I've said before if we play Oklahoma at Yulman it means the program still sucks and they'll be 20,000 Oklahoma fans there and 2,000 Tulane fans. Yet we'll still have some idiots saying that proves the stadium was a great idea. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and on another rant...Dome Yulman...here are a few contacts..., do i have to do all of the damn work for TD
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... EBE&adurl=

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... EAI&adurl=

https://www.thefarleygroup.com/blogs/th ... -domes.htm