Parents...watch your children

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

or they may not be on a ballot any time soon

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... n__=EEHH-R

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

I am a big fan of golfnut69 and his irreverent, knowledgeable and amusing posts. However, I do not find his post on this topic to be witty or appropriate.

I have lived 71 years and have never attempted rape a single time. I believe that the vast majority of men can state the same. If any candidate for high office is found guilty of aggravated sexual battery, that's reason enough for disqualification...if not imprisonment... NO MATTER THEIR AGE AT THE TIME OF THE ASSAULT AND NO MATTER THEIR POLITICAL PARTY. Assuming that golfnut is referring to the incident that is making headlines this week, the sophmoric humor attempted by comparing the most serious allegation of sexual battery to a child displaying innocent curiosity is neither funny nor appropriate.

Before the flaming of this post begins, let me state that if the candidate in the political process to whom we allude is found to be guilty of this act, I hope he is publicly shamed and discredited. If the converse is true, may he be nominated and serve with distinction. That's how things must work if they are ever to work at all.

I also believe politics should never be a topic on gotula.net BUT this incident trancends partisianship and speaks to the decency of mankind.

End of rant. Back to being friends with golfnut.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Very well stated Lantern.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Here’s the problem. A little toddler innocently touching a boob and you equate this with rape? Get a sense of humor. That picture has been on the internet forever. It’s a joke for Christ sake.

Remember innocent until proven guilty. You may want to check today’s news that the New Orleans DA just dismissed rape charges against 3 military men and a Tulane student accused of raping another Tulane student. Remember Duke lacrosse also. Before you assume someone was assaulted it would be nice to first see proof.
https://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/20 ... rge_1.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Go back and read his post. He didn't make any assumptions.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:13 pm Go back and read his post. He didn't make any assumptions.
I’m assuming on his behalf.
Golfnut made a joke. Lantern took it another way. He assumed it was about Kavanaughand implied it was politically incorrect to do so since the current Supreme Court accusations. Would Lantern had posted had this not been in the current news cycle? Would Golf had posted his joke had this not been in the current news cycle. I’m assuming no on both. No need to reply I took it as a joke whereas some are offended. That’s fine.
Last edited by Show Me on Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dpm wave
Swell

The "joke" makes absolutely no sense to me and any humor must have just flown right over my head.

Because, if the child is touching the woman's crotch without her permission, then the meme would likely read "look dad, I'm going to be the next president!!"

phpBB [video]
Show Me
Tsunami

dpm wave wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:30 pm The "joke" makes absolutely no sense to me and any humor must have just flown right over my head.

Because, if the child is touching the woman's crotch without her permission, then the meme would likely read "look dad, I'm going to be the next president!!"

phpBB [video]
Lol. I’ve seen that one as well. Except he’s touching a boob not a crotch. It’s been used many different ways and always pops up on Facebook with a current topic. Old joke.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:23 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:13 pm Go back and read his post. He didn't make any assumptions.
I’m assuming on his behalf.
Golfnut made a joke. Lantern took it another way. He assumed it was about Kavanaughand implied it was politically incorrect to do so since the current Supreme Court accusations. Would Lantern had posted had this not been in the current news cycle? Would Golf had posted his joke had this not been in the current news cycle. I’m assuming no on both. No need to reply I took it as a joke whereas some are offended. That’s fine.
Of course it was about Kavanaugh. He didn't make any assumptions either way about whether he did it or not.
Show Me
Tsunami

Saw one that said he’s training to be a Catholic priest one day. Like I said in defending Golf it’s an old joke that gets recycled quite a lot.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Has no place here,
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

My apologies to all offended... I do not take rape of sexual misconduct of any kind lightly... I will be 71 years old in a few months and have a daughter and granddaughter.... I do not find the allegations amusing, what I find hilarious is the timing, and the stipulations of the accuser.... once again my apologies to all offended individuals and groups
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Breaking News: Caitlyn Jenner now accusing Bruce Jenner of inappropriate touching 36 years ago. Senators demand FBI investigation.
Since he’s a sports I figure it’s ok here.
:lol:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm My apologies to all offended... I do not take rape of sexual misconduct of any kind lightly... I will be 71 years old in a few months and have a daughter and granddaughter.... I do not find the allegations amusing, what I find hilarious is the timing, and the stipulations of the accuser.... once again my apologies to all offended individuals and groups
I have a pretty good idea of the point you are making Golf, and I completely agree. This whole MeToo junk has spun way out of control. Someday we may get back to "innocent until proven guilty". But for the time being the gender witch hunt is on, and unproven allegations from 30+ years carry weight--total BS.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:59 pm Breaking News: Caitlyn Jenner now accusing Bruce Jenner of inappropriate touching 36 years ago. Senators demand FBI investigation.
Since he’s a sports I figure it’s ok here.
:lol:
LMAO !!!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:07 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm My apologies to all offended... I do not take rape of sexual misconduct of any kind lightly... I will be 71 years old in a few months and have a daughter and granddaughter.... I do not find the allegations amusing, what I find hilarious is the timing, and the stipulations of the accuser.... once again my apologies to all offended individuals and groups
I have a pretty good idea of the point you are making Golf, and I completely agree. This whole MeToo junk has spun way out of control. Someday we may get back to "innocent until proven guilty". But for the time being the gender witch hunt is on, and unproven allegations from 30+ years carry weight--total BS.
Houston....I do not think this is a "me too" issue....as I understand "me too" it is bring to light sexual misconduct and in some cases rape by men who had job/economic power over the victim... I know one thing for sure, when I was 17, I was damn curious, and so were the young ladies of "Our Lady of Devine Agony " high school
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:57 pm
Houston....I do not think this is a "me too" issue....as I understand "me too" it is bring to light sexual misconduct and in some cases rape by men who had job/economic power over the victim... I know one thing for sure, when I was 17, I was damn curious, and so were the young ladies of "Our Lady of Devine Agony " high school
Golf, I think your definition of the MeToo movement is, or at least should be, correct. Unfortunately, the media and left, have hijacked and weaponized it against anyone.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 pm
Golf, I think your definition of the MeToo movement is, or at least should be, correct. Unfortunately, the media and left, have hijacked and weaponized it against anyone.
H-Wave.... I think Dr Ford was told by "Di-FI" go to the Washington Post and U will be the next "deep throat"...I think Di-Fi misled Dr Ford.....The lady may well have a deep throat, I never dated her, but at present she seems to having a gag reaction
sader24
Tsunami

I’d like to file a sexual assault charge against the Tulane Athletic Department for repeated penetration over the course of the last 36 years.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm I’d like to file a sexual assault charge against the Tulane Athletic Department for repeated penetration over the course of the last 36 years.
Please refer your case to Jim Garrison...oh wait, Harry Connick !!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:11 pm
H-Wave.... I think Dr Ford was told by "Di-FI" go to the Washington Post and U will be the next "deep throat"...I think Di-Fi misled Dr Ford.....The lady may well have a deep throat, I never dated her, but at present she seems to having a gag reaction
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

sader24 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:10 pm I’d like to file a sexual assault charge against the Tulane Athletic Department for repeated penetration over the course of the last 36 years.
And it's still happening!!! :o :o :o :o
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

I agree that the accused, if proven guilty, should be publicly shamed and discredited. Likewise, if the accuser is shown to be guilty of a falsehood, the accuser should be publicly shamed and discredited.