U CONN

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
TURVS71
Swell

Happened to be in the car when to Fiesta Bowl was on last night. Heard the announcers talk about UCONN and how they had been D1 only since 2000, how they made the financial commitment to facilities, etc. UCONN, a school previously known only for basketball.

Then, there's TCU. Enough said!!

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wavebacker
Ripple

TURVS71 wrote:Happened to be in the car when to Fiesta Bowl was on last night. Heard the announcers talk about UCONN and how they had been D1 only since 2000, how they made the financial commitment to facilities, etc. UCONN, a school previously known only for basketball.

Then, there's TCU. Enough said!!
And there's Temple, Wake Forest, Northwestern, SMU....all have stepped it up and committed to Football.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If it were not for Basketball..UCONN would still be division 1AA..or what ever they call it now.. I doubt they could be "Nova in Football
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !