K-State --- Snyder

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

extends the contract for 5 more years...
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... r-contract

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm extends the contract for 5 more years...
What a great story. A class act, Coach Snyder does a whole lot in a tough situation at K=State. Ironically, this was the job many people thought Fritz would fit well in if Snyder were to retire. I hope Willie stays and finishes his career here and does for Tulane what Coach Snyder has done for K-State.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

Nope, dope. All the espn speculation was about Kansas, which is 3 - 33 the past three years.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm Nope, dope. All the espn speculation was about Kansas, which is 3 - 33 the past three years.
Another of you're brilliant posts. Brilliant!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:13 pm extends the contract for 5 more years...
What a great story. A class act, Coach Snyder does a whole lot in a tough situation at K=State. Ironically, this was the job many people thought Fritz would fit well in if Snyder were to retire. I hope Willie stays and finishes his career here and does for Tulane what Coach Snyder has done for K-State.
He is one of the best coaches of all time and -deserves- to coach Kansas State until he retires or passes away.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 am
He is one of the best coaches of all time and -deserves- to coach Kansas State until he retires or passes away.
Snyder took the worse job in College Football...He and his Family sold recruits on K-State, he also opened the JC ranks to Schools across the country, proving that good players and good kids could be recruited from the JC ranks, he also proved there were some damn good coaches at many of the JC's.....Snyder had chances to leave, but he and his Family loved the Lil' Apple and because of his love and respect for the school he is now not that reliant on JC talent and gladly recommends JC Players to other schools, Texas Tech being one of them..I would like to add the some schools on the west coast recruited the JC ranks before Snyder made it popular..one of the most frequent , was USC
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:27 am
I’m betting he continues to pass more responsibilities to his son, and will only retire when his son is effectively already functioning as the head coach—removing any doubt as to who will replace him.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He had a great team a few years back. In 2012 they went 12-2 with wins over Miami, OU, Ok State, UT, Their only regular season blemish was a beating by Baylor! Then they lost the Fiesta Bowl to Oregon.

The next year they went 8-5 and PLAYED 9 HOME GAMES. I guess the limit is not 7 or 8. Though one was an FCS opponent, North Dakota State, who beat the Wildcats in Manhattan.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Somebody needs to work on his math. They played 8 home games in 2013.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:05 pm Somebody needs to work on his math. They played 8 home games in 2013.
You are right. Their website says they were 6-3 at home but they only played 8 home games. My math, bad as it may be, tells me 8 is one more than 7.

http://www.kstatesports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=58
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bill Snyder retiring at K-State. 27 years at the helm. Oh, well....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm Bill Snyder retiring at K-State. 27 years at the helm. Oh, well....
A nice write up and a little history about "Futulity U "
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... retirement
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

If Jim Leavitt is not named HC before Christmas, I will be shocked