Saw this coming when we left the Dome LSU in NOLA

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:23 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:31 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:15 pm
tufinal4 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:13 pm The Dome is for rent, if we want to play a game there we just have to pay the same rent as LSU or ULL. Why would we do that.

For other reasons (cancellation of baseball series) we should either collect our $750k or our home football game owed by LSU for cancelling the football series. Also should cancel the football camp deal and switch to Texas. The baseball series was the only leverage LSU had to avoid those things. Now they removed their leverage.
I agree on all of this. And I'd make LSU play us in Yulman.
It's been said elsewhere that RD took a check for that missed game so it's over. The amount is unknown.
I think the check was to reschedule a game so LSU could play someone else in a neutral site opener on national TV. I believe they still owe us a game in New Orleans.
https://www.nola.com/300/2017/11/lsu-tu ... 32017.html
The contract was cancelled after the 2009 game, with the two sides promising to play one game, at an unspecified future date, in New Orleans. That game has yet to happen -- and the once-heated rivalry has grown decidedly cooler every year since.
That article from November just repeats what was said many years ago when it was initially canceled. Someone on another site who is usually knowledgable said that it turns out RD took a check for that supposed one game in the future . He was such a loser that I can believe that. If we still had it at our disposal then our current AD who loves to stand up to LSU would be making them play us right.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Neutral site games are just more lucrative:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 45ce6.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:59 pm Neutral site games are just more lucrative:

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 45ce6.html
Atlanta, Houston Jerry World all want these games, if a building is not being used, it ain't makin' money...and the tourism bureau in each city is a partner for these advents
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.