Indiana Baseball Job Opening

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Should attract some attention. Perhaps Riser may be interested or even our own Travis Jewett.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:45 am Should attract some attention. Perhaps Riser may be interested or even our own Travis Jewett.
I am sure with TJ's record, he would be a "lock" !! (.one could only hope )
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Indiana ought to turn the tables on MSU and hire Henderson who did a masterful job this year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:52 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:45 am Should attract some attention. Perhaps Riser may be interested or even our own Travis Jewett.
Lol.
Yet he’s being mentioned here:
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threa ... te.168751/
If this turns out to be the case, great for Coach Lemonis. Mississippi State would be a tough job to turn down.

If we are looking again, I hope Travis Jewett gets a call.
He was interested in the job when Coach Smith left, a finalist I believe, didn’t get it and stayed at Vandy a couple more years before going to Tulane. He has a very solid background, recruited Indiana well while at Vandy and Is well respected in the field. I would like to think the IU job would be of interest even though he is now at a southern school.

I believe Coach Lemonis was the second highest paid coach in the B1G behind only Coach Beal at O$U, a similar offer should top Tulane in the $ category. There is tremendous potential at IU IMO.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:57 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:52 am
Lol.
Yet he’s being mentioned here:
https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threa ... te.168751/
If this turns out to be the case, great for Coach Lemonis. Mississippi State would be a tough job to turn down.

If we are looking again, I hope Travis Jewett gets a call.
He was interested in the job when Coach Smith left, a finalist I believe, didn’t get it and stayed at Vandy a couple more years before going to Tulane. He has a very solid background, recruited Indiana well while at Vandy and Is well respected in the field. I would like to think the IU job would be of interest even though he is now at a southern school.

I believe Coach Lemonis was the second highest paid coach in the B1G behind only Coach Beal at O$U, a similar offer should top Tulane in the $ category. There is tremendous potential at IU IMO.
I remember some lyrics of a song long ago...' go Johnny go "..... I will change to 'Go Travis Go'...now let's all join the Indy Forum and be ole TJ's biggest supporters
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hearing Wright St coach.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:51 pm Hearing Wright St coach.
damn !!! I am hearing some guy name Casey Stengel..... In the big picture, it will make zero difference in the landscape of college baseball... Indiana, will be, Indiana.... If Indiana was such a great job and paid so much money, with recruits climbing the walls to be a part of Hossier Hysteria, why leave for the SEC meat grinder.....
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Anyone know any persons of influence in the UI athletic department? Would the perfect storm let us off the hook with Jewett and have the opportunity to hire Riser (or dare I say AC?) Big time speculation, very far-fetched, (and I still think that the AC thing is like an ice cube in Hades, unfortunately) but what the hell, its the dog days of summer, we can dream!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V