Nice job Big 10

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The Big 10 is 0 for 1/1/11, or more specifically 0-5 in the New Years bowls that they had teams playing in--and some of these losses were spectacular blowouts. I hope the Ohio State University president takes note. It looks like the best way to get an easy schedule is to schedule Big 10 teams. I also hope Tulane's president can see what morale, enthusiasm and support TCU now has from its alums and fan base. TCU demonstrates what realistic vision, institutional commitment and hard work can accomplish.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave....Cowen was not able to see the TCU fan base, he was too busy trying to wash the number 3 Green food dye from his hair left over from Homecoming
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Hilarious golfnut. I think Cowen is too late, and that #3 Green food dye has eaten into his brain.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JTLiuzza
Swell

HoustonWave wrote:I also hope Tulane's president can see what morale, enthusiasm and support TCU now has from its alums and fan base. TCU demonstrates what realistic vision, institutional commitment and hard work can accomplish.
Yep. You can bet applications for enrollment will be on the rise which will allow them to be more selective (that happened to Tulane after the '98 season), alumni enthusiasm (read donations and involvement) will increase, community relations will be riding high...

And some of these things, like increased donations (endowment) and greater selectivity in admissions (average SAT scores) might even help them move up in the US News rankings (that would be the same rankings that has seen Tulane drop like a stone since Cowen took over).

Our brief involvement with TCU and my exposure to their fans left me with a bad taste for the school. But you have to give them their due. As you said, they had a vision, they committed to it, and they are now reaping the rewards. Pretty simple.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.