Great memories New Orleans Bucs ABA Championship series

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

50 years ago this month.
Extremely rare highlights New Orleans Bucs 1968 ABA Championship series vs Pittsburgh Pipers. Growing up I can remember attending those games at Loyola Field House. Fun times.
https://crescentcitysports.com/pelicans ... eason-run/
phpBB [video]

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I went to those games too. They would throw miniature McDonald's basketballs into the crowd with the Bucs logo. Wished Benson would have gone that route with the name change. Game 7 was shown on TV but you needed a converter box as it was on a UHF station. We got one and watched it. I'll always remember that night.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

GO - GO - GOVAN !!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I went to those games too. They would throw miniature McDonald's basketballs into the crowd with the Bucs logo. Wished Benson would have gone that route with the name change. Game 7 was shown on TV but you needed a converter box as it was on a UHF station. We got one and watched it. I'll always remember that night.
Great stuff!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote: GO - GO - GOVAN !!!!
Yes!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

My favorite was Ronnie Kole on piano. He would always play “Three Blind Mice” when the refs blew a call. Lol.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:My favorite was Ronnie Kole on piano. He would always play “Three Blind Mice” when the refs blew a call. Lol.
That was priceless. :cheers:

Had some good players- Larry Brown, Doug Moe, Red Robbins, James Jones and Steve Jones. Very fun times.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have a Ball that Steve Jones gave me..a Buc's tie clip...a few programs...the Pipers best player was 'The Hawk, Connie Hawkins ...I was at the DFW airport several years ago, the Nuggets coached by Doug Moe, were leaving town, I told him I enjoyed going to the Buc's games...we sat down and began talking, the longer we talked the more of the Nugget players were coming over to listen...they were getting a history lesson on the ABA, almost all of them did not realize NOLA had an ABA team
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !