NCAA basketball violators:

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here we go again. Will any result in real punishment?
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/federal ... eport.html

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

This is a federal probe. People will go to prison. The NCAA's Emmert will resign, as will some of the best-known coaches, if they aren't indicted first.
Pepper
Swell

I don't see major sanctions. Too many blue-bloods involved.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The NCAA will try to make themselves look good by coming down hard on the violators. Duke being on the list is a big black eye for NCAA Basketball. If true, it could tarnish the reputation of Coach K, whom was probably the most respected name in the sport.

Reading through about half a dozen "reports" the biggest violation I can find tied to Duke is that one players mother, (Wendell Carter) had lunch with someone that worked for the agent. $70. Yet the sensationalism of these "journalists" lets them claim that Duke is among 20 schools involved in a Federal Investigation.

It will be interesting to see how they handle a minor infraction versus more serious ones such as loans to HS and College athletes, pay to play, etc.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

I wish we were winning enough games to arouse suspicion from an investigator.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:I wish we were winning enough games to arouse suspicion from an investigator.
LOL, another great decision by Troy Dannen to stay under the radar and out of trouble! :) :lol: :roll:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote:I wish we were winning enough games to arouse suspicion from an investigator.
to quote Bob Devaney.."I don't want to win enough games to be put on probation, just enough to cause an investigation"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

DfromCT wrote:The NCAA will try to make themselves look good by coming down hard on the violators. Duke being on the list is a big black eye for NCAA Basketball. If true, it could tarnish the reputation of Coach K, whom was probably the most respected name in the sport.

Reading through about half a dozen "reports" the biggest violation I can find tied to Duke is that one players mother, (Wendell Carter) had lunch with someone that worked for the agent. $70. Yet the sensationalism of these "journalists" lets them claim that Duke is among 20 schools involved in a Federal Investigation.

It will be interesting to see how they handle a minor infraction versus more serious ones such as loans to HS and College athletes, pay to play, etc.
Websites "reporting" on Yahoo's article and leading with the name "Duke" in the header is such blatant click bait.
Bigschtick
Riptide

All over Tucson papers saturday morning. Arizona basketball to take big hit. Sean Miller involved in paying 100k
to player. Going to be just like Pitino.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!