UCF

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I feel the same way about the 1998 team. I would have loved to see us play Tennessee in the MNC game. Wanted to see it at the time, and then, as now, wasn't sure which team would win. Remember, they were undefeated as well. Our D was opportunistic, but gave up plenty of yardage and (though often late in games) points as well. But it would have been fun to see our offense against Tennessee for the MNC. It would have been, IMHO, closer to a real National Championship.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The local Advocate writer voted them 9th which is a complete joke. How does LSU finish ahead of Miss St? MS destroyed LSU during the regular season and ended up with the same record yet LSU finished ahead of them in the poll. Just more evidence these polls are biased.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

AP final has UCF no. 6, USF no. 21 & Memphis no. 25. Only other G5 team in top 25 is Mountain West Boise State @ no. 22. Coaches final: UCF no. 7, USF no. 21, Memphis no. 24 & MW Boise St. no. 22.

Our case for AAC P6?
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
The local Advocate writer voted them 9th which is a complete joke. How does LSU finish ahead of Miss St? MS destroyed LSU during the regular season and ended up with the same record yet LSU finished ahead of them in the poll. Just more evidence these polls are biased.
I honestly think most of these voters are simply ignorant. A couple of the writers who defended their selections didn't know AAC conference members. They don't watch the games so obviously they vote erroneously.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Frost blasts SEC schedules
http://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sco ... ake-teams/
Frost made an appearance on ESPN’s National Championship Game coverage, and he took the opportunity to criticize the SEC ahead of the all-SEC national title game. He said it’s a big advantage for the SEC to only play eight conference games instead nine like the Big 10, Pac-12 and Big 12.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Frost blasts SEC schedules
http://fanbuzz.com/college-football/sco ... ake-teams/
Frost made an appearance on ESPN’s National Championship Game coverage, and he took the opportunity to criticize the SEC ahead of the all-SEC national title game. He said it’s a big advantage for the SEC to only play eight conference games instead nine like the Big 10, Pac-12 and Big 12.
when ya only got 10 teams, ya gotta play 9 conference games, since dere ain't no divisions...the Big 12 hyped their "championship game" as a true #1 and #2,,,I told KVET radio, home of the University of Texas@ Austin..'when ya have number 1 and 2, ya better have lots of toilet paper and Fabreeze"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !